Is Mitt Romney's Candidacy Part of 'The Eternal Plan' of the Mormon Church?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Sally Denton

The seeds of Romney's unique brand of conservatism were sown in the secretive, acquisitive, patriarchal, authoritarian religious empire.

When Mitt Romney received his patriarchal blessing as a Michigan teenager, he was told that the Lord expected great things from him. All young Mormon men — the “worthy males” of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as it is officially known — receive such a blessing as they embark on their requisite journeys as religious missionaries. But at 19 years of age, the youngest son of the most prominent Mormon in American politics — a seventh-generation direct descendant of one of the faith’s founding 12 apostles—Mitt Romney had been singled out as a destined leader.

From the time of his birth — March 13, 1947 — through adolescence and into manhood, the meshing of religion and politics was paramount in Mitt Romney’s life. Called “my miracle baby” by his mother, who had been told by her physician that it was impossible for her to bear a fourth child, Romney was christened Willard Mitt Romney in honor of close family friend and one of the richest Mormons in history, J. Willard Marriott.

Since his first campaign in 2008, Romney has attempted to keep debate about his religion out of the political discourse. The issue is not whether there is a religious test for political office; the Constitution prohibits it. Instead, the question is whether, past all of the flip-flops on virtually every policy, he has an underlying religious conception of the presidency and the American government. At the recent GOP presidential debate in Florida, Romney professed that the Declaration of Independence is a theological document, not specific to the rebellious 13 colonies, but establishing a covenant “between God and man.” Which would suggest that Mitt Romney views the American presidency as a theological office.

Much More: Is Mitt Romney's Candidacy Part of 'The Eternal Plan' of the Mormon Church? | News & Politics | AlterNet

There are extra bedrooms in the WH if he decides to take on more wives....

JFK wasn't a religious nutcase.
Radical Islam is. I think YOU should be more worried of thier designs.

No, I'm not an Islamophobic. Our Constitution protects us from Sharia law.
But you sure seem to be worried of other religions...WHY is that exactly?

Radical Islam will behead you and think nothing of it for the good of allah. When was the last time we heard of a beheading in the name of Mormonism?

Poorly researched. Patriarchal blessings are available to all members. And unless Mitt's released his, I highly doubt they know a thing of what His blessing says. They aren't exactly publicized. Mainly because they are private blessings.

This sounds like the same kind of conspiracy shit I'd read on World Nut Daily.

Nutters made the same allegation about Kennedy. He would hand America over to Rome! :eek:

Did he?

No.

So, yet another.... 'nothing to see here' thread by a drooling fool.:lol:

JFK wasn't a religious nutcase.

Romney hasn't worn his religion on his sleeve any more than Kennedy did. Go put your head back up your ass where it belongs and shut the fuck up.

Forum List

Back