Is Mitt Romney's Candidacy Part of 'The Eternal Plan' of the Mormon Church?

I'm an Atheist. I believe all religions are nonsense. However, I don't mind them - so long as they don't determine how I live my life or influence my government. Anyone who strongly believes in our Godless Constitution should understand that.

SO? what do you think of the Obama through his ObamaCare FORCING Catholic institutions to go against their religion and have to give out birth control, and the abortion pill?
Another great post. And By the way? I am not Catholic, but I stand with them in refusing to abaide with that mandate, and will openly defy this attack BY Obama and the Statists.

They have bitten off more than they can chew and will suffer at the ballot box for thier arrogance.

I agree. Ive never seen anything unite people of all religions and political idealogies like this has. And if they press it, you will see what a true non-violent movement looks like.

SO? what do you think of the Obama FORCING Catholic institutions to go against their religion and have to give out birth control, and the abortion pill?

Read what you just typed very slowly to yourself. Obama is simply following "secular" government - which he should.

So your saying that he should use the government to encroach the rights of others in practicing their religion?

Yep, he doesn't mind that at all.

I'm an Atheist. I believe all religions are nonsense. However, I don't mind them - so long as they don't determine how I live my life or influence my government. Anyone who strongly believes in our Godless Constitution should understand that.

SO? what do you think of the Obama FORCING Catholic institutions to go against their religion and have to give out birth control, and the abortion pill?

Read what you just typed very slowly to yourself. Obama is simply following "secular" government - which he should.
And where in the Constitution does it call for Secular Government?

Chapter, Verse, Clause?

Do YOU even know the first thing about Liberty and the Founders and what they achieved?

Apparently you don't...because YOU are actively applauding it's destruction when it affects YOU TOO sport.

Last edited:

Chapter, Verse, Clause?

Do YOU even know the first thing about Liberty and the Founders and what they achieved?

Apparently you don't...because YOU are actively applauding it's destruction when it affects YOU TOO sport.

very scary..and they vote..help us all.

Chapter, Verse, Clause?

Where does the Constitution call for religious government?

Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Constitutional Topic: The Constitution and Religion - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Separation of Church and State

The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

Last edited:
Mormons just want to be left alone. If you leave us alone, we'll convert the world. If you don't, we'll do it faster.

Probably why there are a number of Ron Paul supporters in the Church.

Chapter, Verse, Clause?

Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Constitutional Topic: The Constitution and Religion - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Inmaterial...

Beginning of the Declaration...

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--

ALL of which the Constitution codified...ALL the Founders agreed to it, recognized it.

The Declaration, The Constitution, and The Bill Of Rights are inexorably LINKED.

YOU cannot change that. It's true, and it's history.

Oh and the article's political and religious cougar club at BYU, is nothing of the sort. The Cougar club is the booster club for BYU athletics. Nothing political or even religious about it.

BYU Cougar Club Home | BYU Cougar Club

This has got to be one of the laziest writers Ive ever seen.

Chapter, Verse, Clause?

Inmaterial...

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--

ALL of which the Constitution codified...ALL the Founders agreed to it, recognized it.

The Declaration, The Constitution, and The Bill Of Rights are inexorably LINKED.

Get real. The Declaration of Independence is NOT a governing document and carries NO legal weight. We are governed by the Constitution.

No, I'm not an Islamophobic. Our Constitution protects us from Sharia law.

you're Mormonphobic..

I just don't want a theocratic government. I want a government based in reality - not the supernatural.

Oh, please...You mean like our dear Mr President's religious Mentor who preaches how America's chickens have come home to roost...? :lol:

In case you REALLY care to be based in reality, here is the truth about Mitt's approach...

"America faces a new generation of challenges. Radical violent Islam seeks to destroy us. An emerging China endeavors to surpass our economic leadership. And we are troubled at home by government overspending, overuse of foreign oil, and the breakdown of the family.

"Over the last year, we have embarked on a national debate on how best to preserve American leadership. Today, I wish to address a topic which I believe is fundamental to America's greatness: our religious liberty. I will also offer perspectives on how my own faith would inform my presidency, if I were elected.

"There are some who may feel that religion is not a matter to be seriously considered in the context of the weighty threats that face us. If so, they are at odds with the nation's founders, for they, when our nation faced its greatest peril, sought the blessings of the Creator. And further, they discovered the essential connection between the survival of a free land and the protection of religious freedom. In John Adams' words: 'We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our constitution was made for a moral and religious people.'

"Freedom requires religion just as religion requires freedom. Freedom opens the windows of the soul so that man can discover his most profound beliefs and commune with God. Freedom and religion endure together, or perish alone.

"Given our grand tradition of religious tolerance and liberty, some wonder whether there are any questions regarding an aspiring candidate's religion that are appropriate. I believe there are. And I will answer them today.

"Almost 50 years ago another candidate from Massachusetts explained that he was an American running for president, not a Catholic running for president. Like him, I am an American running for president. I do not define my candidacy by my religion. A person should not be elected because of his faith nor should he be rejected because of his faith.

"Let me assure you that no authorities of my church, or of any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions. Their authority is theirs, within the province of church affairs, and it ends where the affairs of the nation begin.

"As governor, I tried to do the right as best I knew it, serving the law and answering to the Constitution. I did not confuse the particular teachings of my church with the obligations of the office and of the Constitution - and of course, I would not do so as president. I will put no doctrine of any church above the plain duties of the office and the sovereign authority of the law.

"As a young man, Lincoln described what he called America's 'political religion' - the commitment to defend the rule of law and the Constitution. When I place my hand on the Bible and take the oath of office, that oath becomes my highest promise to God. If I am fortunate to become your president, I will serve no one religion, no one group, no one cause, and no one interest. A president must serve only the common cause of the people of the United States.

"There are some for whom these commitments are not enough. They would prefer it if I would simply distance myself from my religion, say that it is more a tradition than my personal conviction, or disavow one or another of its precepts. That I will not do. I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it. My faith is the faith of my fathers - I will be true to them and to my beliefs.

"Some believe that such a confession of my faith will sink my candidacy. If they are right, so be it. But I think they underestimate the American people. Americans do not respect believers of convenience.

Americans tire of those who would jettison their beliefs, even to gain the world.

"There is one fundamental question about which I often am asked. What do I believe about Jesus Christ? I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of mankind. My church's beliefs about Christ may not all be the same as those of other faiths. Each religion has its own unique doctrines and history. These are not bases for criticism but rather a test of our tolerance. Religious tolerance would be a shallow principle indeed if it were reserved only for faiths with which we agree.

"There are some who would have a presidential candidate describe and explain his church's distinctive doctrines. To do so would enable the very religious test the founders prohibited in the Constitution. No candidate should become the spokesman for his faith. For if he becomes president he will need the prayers of the people of all faiths.

"I believe that every faith I have encountered draws its adherents closer to God. And in every faith I have come to know, there are features I wish were in my own: I love the profound ceremony of the Catholic Mass, the approachability of God in the prayers of the Evangelicals, the tenderness of spirit among the Pentecostals, the confident independence of the Lutherans, the ancient traditions of the Jews, unchanged through the ages, and the commitment to frequent prayer of the Muslims. As I travel across the country and see our towns and cities, I am always moved by the many houses of worship with their steeples, all pointing to heaven, reminding us of the source of life's blessings.

"It is important to recognize that while differences in theology exist between the churches in America, we share a common creed of moral convictions. And where the affairs of our nation are concerned, it's usually a sound rule to focus on the latter - on the great moral principles that urge us all on a common course. Whether it was the cause of abolition, or civil rights, or the right to life itself, no movement of conscience can succeed in America that cannot speak to the convictions of religious people.

"We separate church and state affairs in this country, and for good reason. No religion should dictate to the state nor should the state interfere with the free practice of religion. But in recent years, the notion of the separation of church and state has been taken by some well beyond its original meaning. They seek to remove from the public domain any acknowledgment of God. Religion is seen as merely a private affair with no place in public life. It is as if they are intent on establishing a new religion in America - the religion of secularism. They are wrong.

"The founders proscribed the establishment of a state religion, but they did not countenance the elimination of religion from the public square. We are a nation 'Under God' and in God, we do indeed trust.

"We should acknowledge the Creator as did the Founders - in ceremony and word. He should remain on our currency, in our pledge, in the teaching of our history, and during the holiday season, nativity scenes and menorahs should be welcome in our public places. Our greatness would not long endure without judges who respect the foundation of faith upon which our constitution rests. I will take care to separate the affairs of government from any religion, but I will not separate us from 'the God who gave us liberty.'

"Nor would I separate us from our religious heritage. Perhaps the most important question to ask a person of faith who seeks a political office, is this: does he share these American values: the equality of human kind, the obligation to serve one another, and a steadfast commitment to liberty?

"They are not unique to any one denomination. They belong to the great moral inheritance we hold in common. They are the firm ground on which Americans of different faiths meet and stand as a nation, united.

"We believe that every single human being is a child of God - we are all part of the human family. The conviction of the inherent and inalienable worth of every life is still the most revolutionary political proposition ever advanced. John Adams put it that we are 'thrown into the world all equal and alike.'

"The consequence of our common humanity is our responsibility to one another, to our fellow Americans foremost, but also to every child of God. It is an obligation which is fulfilled by Americans every day, here and across the globe, without regard to creed or race or nationality.

"Americans acknowledge that liberty is a gift of God, not an indulgence of government. No people in the history of the world have sacrificed as much for liberty. The lives of hundreds of thousands of America's sons and daughters were laid down during the last century to preserve freedom, for us and for freedom loving people throughout the world. America took nothing from that Century's terrible wars - no land from Germany or Japan or Korea; no treasure; no oath of fealty. America's resolve in the defense of liberty has been tested time and again. It has not been found wanting, nor must it ever be. America must never falter in holding high the banner of freedom.

"These American values, this great moral heritage, is shared and lived in my religion as it is in yours. I was taught in my home to honor God and love my neighbor. I saw my father march with Martin Luther King. I saw my parents provide compassionate care to others, in personal ways to people nearby, and in just as consequential ways in leading national volunteer movements. I am moved by the Lord's words: 'For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me...'

"My faith is grounded on these truths. You can witness them in Ann and my marriage and in our family. We are a long way from perfect and we have surely stumbled along the way, but our aspirations, our values, are the self-same as those from the other faiths that stand upon this common foundation. And these convictions will indeed inform my presidency.

"Today's generations of Americans have always known religious liberty. Perhaps we forget the long and arduous path our nation's forbearers took to achieve it. They came here from England to seek freedom of religion. But upon finding it for themselves, they at first denied it to others. Because of their diverse beliefs, Ann Hutchinson was exiled from Massachusetts Bay, a banished Roger Williams founded Rhode Island, and two centuries later, Brigham Young set out for the West. Americans were unable to accommodate their commitment to their own faith with an appreciation for the convictions of others to different faiths. In this, they were very much like those of the European nations they had left.

"It was in Philadelphia that our founding fathers defined a revolutionary vision of liberty, grounded on self evident truths about the equality of all, and the inalienable rights with which each is endowed by his Creator.

"We cherish these sacred rights, and secure them in our Constitutional order. Foremost do we protect religious liberty, not as a matter of policy but as a matter of right. There will be no established church, and we are guaranteed the free exercise of our religion.

cont...

Transcript: Mitt Romney's Faith Speech : NPR

Inmaterial...

Get real. The Declaration of Independence is NOT a governing document and carries NO legal weight. We are governed by the Constitution.
Did I say that?

NO.

I said they were inexorably linked and agreed to. The DOC was the basis FOR the Constitution.

Son? May I suggest a site?

Reading Is Fundamental Home Page

The very principles on which this nation was founded are in ALL of those documents including the Federalists/Anti-Federalists.

Are you a citizen? And IF you are? HOW could you not know these things?

This sounds like the same kind of conspiracy shit I'd read on World Nut Daily.

Nutters made the same allegation about Kennedy. He would hand America over to Rome! :eek:

Did he?

No.

So, yet another.... 'nothing to see here' thread by a drooling fool.:lol:

JFK wasn't a religious nutcase.

Neither is Romney. Yet anti-Catholic bigotry was alive and well back then, and still is, yet not as widespread.

The Treaty of Tripoli

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

US Treaty with Tripoli, 1796-1797

I don't fear Muslim nuts - I fear Christian nuts trying to dictate how we all should live and how our government should govern.

The Treaty of Tripoli

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

US Treaty with Tripoli, 1796-1797

nobeliefs.com? Really Gracie?:lol:

EPIC FAIL

Forum List

Back