Is MEMORY in one's BLOOD?

Humans have a great aversion to the site of a spider. All humans. There does appear to be something coded to account for this. The thing we call 'instict' in animals is real and it is encoded. A fawn or young rabbit know instinctively to remain absolutely still and silent in the grass when a predator is nearby looking for them rather than run. Only at the last second do they try to run away. Something IS passed by DNA to account for this. The genes and mechanisms are still being studied.

Humans have a great aversion to the site of a spider. All humans. There does appear to be something coded to account for this. The thing we call 'instict' in animals is real and it is encoded. A fawn or young rabbit know instinctively to remain absolutely still and silent in the grass when a predator is nearby looking for them rather than run. Only at the last second do they try to run away. Something IS passed by DNA to account for this. The genes and mechanisms are still being studied.
I was Thinking along the same lines.

If the purpose of the op is to discuss the possibility of memories passed genetically, then it’s in the wrong forum. This forum’s primarily purpose is racial bickering.

I was along the same lines.

If the purpose of the op is to discuss the possibility of memories passed genetically, then it’s in the wrong forum. This forum’s primarily purpose is racial bickering.
The OP is saying that memory is in our blood, so if I'm in a hospital and I get a pint of blood that happens to come from a black person, I'm going to remember the horrors of slavery!!!! :lmao:

The truth is not an excuse.
You don't need the truth to find an excuse, we all know that.

Why can't whites get into their minds that 100 years went by after slavery whereby blacks had no rights?
Why can't you folks get it through YOUR head that that was a long, long time ago and no whites alive today had anything to do with that.

Because whites today lived during Jim Crow, they had kids during Jim Crow. For example our president and AG were alive during jim crow. So whites today do have a lot to do with these matters. And then we have the retards like you. People who post up volumes of racism and declare that racism is a thing of he past.
Your reasoning is bullshit, and your hatred for all whites is again exposed for all to see.

So you cannot offer a rebuttal.

The OP is saying that memory is in our blood, so if I'm in a hospital and I get a pint of blood that happens to come from a black person, I'm going to remember the horrors of slavery!!!! :lmao:

No that's not what the OP is saying. But you are dumb and it's the best you can do.

The truth is not an excuse.

Why can't whites get into their minds that 100 years went by after slavery whereby blacks had no rights?
Why can't you folks get it through YOUR head that that was a long, long time ago and no whites alive today had anything to do with that.

There are many whites as well as blacks still living who were here prior to the ending of Jim Crow, which lasted 100 years after slavery was abolished.
To vilify all whites today for that when they had nothing to do with it just makes you looks bad, and nullifies any real attempt to deal with racism today. Most whites todays are your allies, try to remember that.

Except whites today do have something to do with it. Don't try, learn that.

Where do these idiots come from?

Ok, you can't seem to understand even the most basic concepts...

If the people selected for slavery had come from well armed societies relative to their oppressors, do you think they still would have become slaves?
People that are well armed can usually DEFEND themselves and don't end up as slaves

Fucking dense imbeciles :rolleyes:

Where do these idiots come from?

Ok, you can't seem to understand even the most basic concepts...

If the people selected for slavery had come from well armed societies, do you think they still would have become slaves?
People that are well armed can usually DEFEND themselves and don't end up as slaves

Fucking dense imbeciles

More stupidity.

Another dumb ass STUPID statement.

People like you are so fucking racist that you don't even realize that had it not been for WHITES, blacks would still be slaves today.
Not all "whites" are as racist as you apparently are.

The title does suggest that, but .....
1. Mr. Foner writes that Ms. "Bailey seems to believe that the impact of traumatic experiences, such as the Holocaust and slavery, can be transmitted genetically, that descendants can 'unconsciously' inherit 'environmental stresses akin to historical trauma'. Studies of rats, she reports, reveal the reality of 'trans-generational stress' ". [Mr. Foner himself feels that Ms. Bailey's "account of the transmission of memory borders on the metaphysical."]

The op author does mention genetics, see above. Blood is sometimes used as a metaphor for genetics.

Racist, walnut ignorant People like IM2 make white people who fought for the freedom of slaves and walk side by side with minorities even today, sorry they did.

The OP never really gave their opinion just a quote which was another person's opinion...What is the OP's opinion?

Epigenetics is very controversial but we know that dna changes due to environmental factors.I think it is quite a leap to say it's genetically programmed.

Does it need to be passed down genetically?

We know that domestic violence and child abuse is generational. What you could do to your spouse or children in the 1920s or 1970s you can't do today. At least not without consequences. However, those past violent interactions impact perception and current interactions with their children and others. THAT lack of trust, withholding of emotion or affection can be passed down.

With some cultures that history is handed down through the stories and events that were known by their great grandparents or other elders. It impacts how one perceives and interacts with the world around them. I'm not saying it's wrong or right. It just is.

Epigenetics is very controversial but we know that dna changes due to environmental factors.I think it is quite a leap to say it's genetically programmed.

Does it need to be passed down genetically?

We know that domestic violence and child abuse is generational. What you could do to your spouse or children in the 1920s or 1970s you can't do today. At least not without consequences. However, those past violent interactions impact perception and current interactions with their children and others. THAT lack of trust, withholding of emotion or affection can be passed down.

With some cultures that history is handed down through the stories and events that were known by their great grandparents or other elders. It impacts how one perceives and interacts with the world around them. I'm not saying it's wrong or right. It just is.
One of the US astronauts came back from space and they had done a DNA test before and after on him and his twin...His DNA did change after a year in space...

Because whites today lived during Jim Crow, they had kids during Jim Crow. For example our president and AG were alive during jim crow. So whites today do have a lot to do with these matters. And then we have the retards like you. People who post up volumes of racism and declare that racism is a thing of he past.
Your reasoning is bullshit, and your hatred for all whites is again exposed for all to see.

So you cannot offer a rebuttal.
And you didn't disagree with me. :biggrin:

There are many whites as well as blacks still living who were here prior to the ending of Jim Crow, which lasted 100 years after slavery was abolished.
To vilify all whites today for that when they had nothing to do with it just makes you looks bad, and nullifies any real attempt to deal with racism today. Most whites todays are your allies, try to remember that.

Your hatred of all white people is showing again.

Forum List

Back