Is MEMORY in one's BLOOD?

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
I have noticed that some members have written that if one wants to understand today's African American, it is necessary to remember the history of slavery.

Other members do not feel that the history of slavery is that relevant to today's situation.

I shall not give my opinion on this topic.

I did, however, want to contribute a quotation that fascinated me.

Eric Foner has reviewed a new book by Anne C. Bailey. The book is entitled The Weeping Time: Memory And The Largest Slave Auction In American History. [Note: It took place in 1859. More than 400 men, women, and children were auctioned.]

1. Mr. Foner writes that Ms. "Bailey seems to believe that the impact of traumatic experiences, such as the Holocaust and slavery, can be transmitted genetically, that descendants can 'unconsciously' inherit 'environmental stresses akin to historical trauma'. Studies of rats, she reports, reveal the reality of 'trans-generational stress' ". [Mr. Foner himself feels that Ms. Bailey's "account of the transmission of memory borders on the metaphysical."]

Source: London Review of Books (print edition of March 22, 2018). Mr. Foner's article is entitled "I just get my pistol and shoot him right down."

Good Grief!! Don't give them ANOTHER excuse! :rolleyes:

I have noticed that some members have written that if one wants to understand today's African American, it is necessary to remember the history of slavery.

Other members do not feel that the history of slavery is that relevant to today's situation.

Eric Foner has reviewed a new book by Anne C. Bailey. The book is entitled The Weeping Time: Memory And The Largest Slave Auction In American History. [Note: It took place in 1859. More than 400 men, women, and children were auctioned.]

1. Mr. Foner writes that Ms. "Bailey seems to believe that the impact of traumatic experiences, such as the Holocaust and slavery, can be transmitted genetically, that descendants can 'unconsciously' inherit 'environmental stresses akin to historical trauma'. Studies of rats, she reports, reveal the reality of 'trans-generational stress' ". [Mr. Foner himself feels that Ms. Bailey's "account of the transmission of memory borders on the metaphysical."]

Source: London Review of Books (print edition of March 22, 2018). Mr. Foner's article is entitled "I just get my pistol and shoot him right down."

The thing is it's not just abut the history of slavery. Why can't whites get into their minds that 100 years went by after slavery whereby blacks had no rights?

Why can't you folks get it through YOUR head that that was a long, long time ago and no whites alive today had anything to do with that.

1). They keep saying something about the apple not falling far from the tree?
2). They don't want too....."reparations" can buy a lot of Escalades and rims

Why can't you folks get it through YOUR head that that was a long, long time ago and no whites alive today had anything to do with that.

They are already getting ongoing reparations, except that now we call it welfare, medicare and food stamps.

The truth is not an excuse.
You don't need the truth to find an excuse, we all know that.

Why can't whites get into their minds that 100 years went by after slavery whereby blacks had no rights?

There are many whites as well as blacks who are still living and were here prior to the ending of Jim Crow, which lasted 100 years after slavery was abolished.

Why can't whites get into their minds that 100 years went by after slavery whereby blacks had no rights?

Because whites today lived during Jim Crow, they had kids during Jim Crow. For example our president and AG were alive during jim crow. So whites today do have a lot to do with these matters. And then we have the retards like you. People who post up volumes of racism and declare that racism is a thing of he past.

They are already getting ongoing reparations, except that now we call it welfare, medicare and food stamps.

Wrong.

There are many whites as well as blacks still living who were here prior to the ending of Jim Crow, which lasted 100 years after slavery was abolished.
To vilify all whites today for that when they had nothing to do with it just makes you looks bad, and nullifies any real attempt to deal with racism today. Most whites todays are your allies, try to remember that.

I would disagree.

I'd say that a child learns from those around them, whether parents or otherwise. And things get passed down over generations, but not how it appears to be said here.

Because whites today lived during Jim Crow, they had kids during Jim Crow. For example our president and AG were alive during jim crow. So whites today do have a lot to do with these matters. And then we have the retards like you. People who post up volumes of racism and declare that racism is a thing of he past.
Your reasoning is bullshit, and your hatred for all whites is again exposed for all to see.

Forum List

Back