Is John McCain a racist?

the question has been raised of whether Obama is a racist...sentences are lifted from his book "Dreams of my Father" they are twisted entirely and/or taken completely out of context to make this claim so that begs the question...Is John McCain a racist?

Example #1

in 2000 he called Asians gooks.

John McCain's racist remark very troubling

McCain: racist, bigot & homophobe | Capitol Hill Blue

McCain is racist, not Ron Paul

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z2rpvj9NSXM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z2rpvj9NSXM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

some other examples:

John McCain voted against MLK day but has later said his opinion evolved... he was 50 when he voted against it... too old to be naive or uninformed of the contribution and sacrafice made by Mr. King.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNGXB_qx0xk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNGXB_qx0xk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/youtube]

now...it's up to the McCain supporters to prove that he's NOT a racist....if the standards to the same for both candidates I mean.

Do you have something more compelling than an anti-McCain blogsite to post as evidence of these beliefs? There is nothing less trustworthy than a Cap Hill staffer.

On the "gook" comment, in most cases I would agree that this is a damning comment. In John McCain's case, I think that the fact that the greatest contact that he has had with Asians was 7 years of torturous captivity at the hands of the NVA where the guards were commonly referred to with this de-humanizing epithet, is probably what comes to mind first when using the term. He should be required to get past it, but I'm not going to get all exorcised about having a language problem after 7 years of torture. It doesn't excuse most things, but it excuses that.

The rest of your stuff was filtered by the content filter I'm behind. Oh except the MLK thing. Hmmm...on that, if you are old enough to have been around while all those events were happening, MLK was not recognized universally (even by non-racists) as a "peaceful or good" figure. There were many different views on his side, the opposition side and those in between as to the best way to do what he was trying to accomplish. Reasonable people could probably have disagreed as to what the historical significance of MLK should be dispite his tragic end. Since then, (the voting on MLK Day) the trend has been to see MLK as a peaceful uniter. He may or may not have been all that, but I can see how someone could be unsure of the message creating MLK Day could be in the first instance, and now believe that its creation was a good thing.

I'm not saying McCain thought any of those things, but the question to me was, "I cite for you these instances, now if someone did that aren't they a racist?" My logical challenge is to distinguish those citations and see if someone must be a racist is they said those things. If you came up with better support than some Hill staffer in blog for the first items, I'd probably say he has some racist tendencies.

Do you have something more compelling than an anti-McCain blogsite to post as evidence of these beliefs? There is nothing less trustworthy than a Cap Hill staffer.

On the "gook" comment, in most cases I would agree that this is a damning comment. In John McCain's case, I think that the fact that the greatest contact that he has had with Asians was 7 years of torturous captivity at the hands of the NVA where the guards were commonly referred to with this de-humanizing epithet, is probably what comes to mind first when using the term. He should be required to get past it, but I'm not going to get all exorcised about having a language problem after 7 years of torture. It doesn't excuse most things, but it excuses that.

The rest of your stuff was filtered by the content filter I'm behind. Oh except the MLK thing. Hmmm...on that, if you are old enough to have been around while all those events were happening, MLK was not recognized universally (even by non-racists) as a "peaceful or good" figure. There were many different views on his side, the opposition side and those in between as to the best way to do what he was trying to accomplish. Reasonable people could probably have disagreed as to what the historical significance of MLK should be dispite his tragic end. Since then, (the voting on MLK Day) the trend has been to see MLK as a peaceful uniter. He may or may not have been all that, but I can see how someone could be unsure of the message creating MLK Day could be in the first instance, and now believe that its creation was a good thing.

I'm not saying McCain thought any of those things, but the question to me was, "I cite for you these instances, now if someone did that aren't they a racist?" My logical challenge is to distinguish those citations and see if someone must be a racist is they said those things. If you came up with better support than some Hill staffer in blog for the first items, I'd probably say he has some racist tendencies.

actually, he gave you seattlepi and capital hill blue... I don't know what the third site is, so I'm giving you that one. but capital hill blue is pretty well respected and certainly not an "antimccain blog".

it's also pretty common knowledge that mccain said/did those things.

now, do i think those are the core reasons he shouldn't be president? no. do i think they're worthy of discussion? only if mccain himself is tossing around sludge, in which case his own sludge is going to come back at him. you aren't dealing with al gore or john kerry now.

McCain a racist?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The libbies are scared again. The Moveon talking point machine must have some new material for it's sheep.

Obama is the only racist. Douchebag spent 20 years attending hateful, racist, dividing sermons and supported Wright until he was busted. Then he magically wanted nothing to do with him.

Funny how that works, huh? This lying fucktard can't even be honest about his religion.

Yea, Obama is racist against himself? News flash his Mom is WHITE and she and his gparents raised him.

Can you get any dumber than you already are?

I love your posts. They are always so juvenile and devoid of reason. Obama is an African-American. For more information, do a Google Search on 'African American' and there will be plenty of definitions for you to choose from. You might also consider reading Obama's book.

Good day!

The libbies are scared again. The Moveon talking point machine must have some new material for it's sheep.

Obama is the only racist. Douchebag spent 20 years attending hateful, racist, dividing sermons and supported Wright until he was busted. Then he magically wanted nothing to do with him.

Funny how that works, huh? This lying fucktard can't even be honest about his religion.

Get some fucking self respect and change your name from Stoner to something else so you can get some bit of credibility.

But wait! bigdaddygtr says that since Obama is half-black and half-white, he CANNOT be racist by definition (even though he's African-American)!

:rofl:

(Yes, I know it's ridiculous, but this is bigdaddygtr we're talking about.)

Yes, I know it's ridiculous, but this is bigdaddygtr we're talking about.)

He does strike me as a PC, methane-breathing, rhetoric-spewing, libbie fucktard who jerks off to pictures of Bubba in the shrine room.

Best way to treat these low-lifes is to ignore them. It helps with your sanity. I just scroll past 90% of the crap on here. They just post for attention. They've only held the WH 8 out of the past 28 years so they're frustrated, angry and resentful. Wait till after November. It's only going to get worse. We'll have to break out the rabie vaccinations.

I think the more important question is...

Is the left ageist?

I think it's funny that you want to give Gramps a pass on his Archie Bunker moments of calling all asians gooks, but you can't understand that old man Wright may not be too happy with the way white people treated blacks.

Just like McCain doesn't like asians because they ENSLAVED HIM, Wright doesn't like growing up to the racism of White America in the 50's and 60's.

He does strike me as a PC, methane-breathing, rhetoric-spewing, libbie fucktard who jerks off to pictures of Bubba in the shrine room.

Best way to treat these low-lifes is to ignore them. It helps with your sanity. I just scroll past 90% of the crap on here. They just post for attention. They've only held the WH 8 out of the past 28 years so they're frustrated, angry and resentful. Wait till after November. It's only going to get worse. We'll have to break out the rabie vaccinations.
This how I feel about most of your posts!

You do know McCain calls all asians GOOKS, right? Not just vietnamese, but even our Japanese and Chinese friends. ALL Asians.

That's sick. That's like calling all blacks YOU KNOW WHAT.

But calling blacks YOU KNOW WHAT is acceptable to blacks but not to whites.

Last edited:
But calling blacks YOU KNOW WHAT is acceptable to blacks but not to whites.

No. The hate you have in your voice tells us you clearly don't mean it the same way that blacks mean it when they say it to each other.

Just like your best friend may be able to tell you to stop acting like a little bitch but if some stranger dude says it, you might want to fight about it.

Greeks call each other malaka's. But if they thought you meant something by it, it'd mean your little white ass.

I think the more important question is...

Is the left ageist?

Of course you do. Because we have such a history of ageism in this country and the terrible things it produced. I mean it was like Holocaust, but for the old.

By the way, if Republicans are so against ageism, wheres the Republican movement to take age limits out of being eligible for the Presidency? Wait, there isn't one? Could it be that its a bunch of lying bullshit? Maybe, just maybe.

You do know McCain calls all asians GOOKS, right? Not just vietnamese, but even our Japanese and Chinese friends. ALL Asians.

That's sick. That's like calling all blacks YOU KNOW WHAT.
To all of us Vietnam Era Vets using the word "Gook" is perfectly natural and has no racist connotations. It's just a descriptive word in reference to Asians that we used.

To all of us Vietnam Era Vets using the word "Gook" is perfectly natural and has no racist connotations. It's just a descriptive word in reference to Asians that we used.
That doesn't make it right, it is still a racial term even if you use it when you are vet and you were over there. Vets were using it as a slang term then and now as a racial term. They are called Asians, Japanese,CHinese, Vietmanese, and so on not gook. And it is not alright to still call them gook thirty years later.

Forum List

Back