Is it time to repeal the Bush tax cuts?

Count your change yet??????:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yea...been counting my change

Not so bad under Obama.
One year ago the Stock Market had crashed and I had lost 40% of my 401K under Bush. My house had lost $50,000 under the Bush trickle down economy.

So far, my 401K has regained 70% of what it had lost and my house is back up $20,000.

Looks like a big problem for the republicans who were banking on a total economic collapse. Its going to be a long time before they regain power

And you are going to attribute all that to Mr Obama?
If that is the case, are you going to attribute the 9.8% unemployment rate to him also? Unemployment has increased 28% since he was elected.
Or are you going to pick and choose what changes you give him credit for?
Notice how deceivers cook their stats. Bush was president when Obama was elected but by starting with Nov 4 instead of Jan 20 they get to jack up his %.

Now UE rose 53% from the time St Ronnie TOOK OFFICE to the Reagan Recession peak of Nov-Dec 1982, 7.2% to 10.8%, but you CON% blame that on Carter, don't you!!! :cuckoo:
Two full years into the Reagan administration and more than a year after his Aug 1981 tax cuts you CON$ still blame Carter, but you absolve Bush of any responsibility 3 months before he leaves office. And you CON$ wonder why no honest person gives you any credibility!! :cuckoo:

Not so bad under Obama.
One year ago the Stock Market had crashed and I had lost 40% of my 401K under Bush. My house had lost $50,000 under the Bush trickle down economy.

So far, my 401K has regained 70% of what it had lost and my house is back up $20,000.

Looks like a big problem for the republicans who were banking on a total economic collapse. Its going to be a long time before they regain power

If that is the case, are you going to attribute the 9.8% unemployment rate to him also? Unemployment has increased 28% since he was elected.
Notice how deceivers cook their stats. Bush was president when Obama was elected but by starting with Nov 4 instead of Jan 20 they get to jack up his %.

Now UE rose 53% from the time St Ronnie TOOK OFFICE to the Reagan Recession peak of Nov-Dec 1982, 7.2% to 10.8%, but you CON% blame that on Carter, don't you!!! :cuckoo:
Two full years into the Reagan administration and more than a year after his Aug 1981 tax cuts you CON$ still blame Carter, but you absolve Bush of any responsibility 3 months before he leaves office. And you CON$ wonder why no honest person gives you any credibility!! :cuckoo:

My bad, it was 28% since he took office, not since he was elected.

Last edited:
Our small business got a tax refund for the first time in 25 years in 'O7 We applied that to our estimated taxes in 08. The IRS is in for a big suprise in 09. Our sales are down 30 percent. The 5 percenters are dwindling. My guess is they will have to go after the 10 percenters. And then the 50 percenters. That still have jobs.

DITTO--I am small business too--& even after surving the Carter administration--this is much worse.

I believe that the over 250k crowd that represented only 5% of this nation is probably down to around 3% now.

But let's face it--no matter what your income is--there will be no escaping higher taxes. Everyone is going to be paying more.

This is what happens when government goes on a massive spending spree.

$lipstuck-pig-sb0206d.jpg

Last edited:

Not so bad under Obama.

Obviously you were not alive during the Carter Administration---:lol::lol: You see that problem everyone had with Carter was he did absolutely NOTHING to help the economy--which was a disaster.

His biggest gift to us was raising taxes during a horrible economic time. The way in which he did it was unbelievable. He came into office in the same manner as Obama--with his one single promise--"I will never lie to you." He promised not to raise income taxes & he didn't.

What he did do though--was lower the amount one could deduct on this mortgage interest which resulted in a HUGE tax hike to the middle class of this country--:lol::lol:

$carter_worst.jpg

Forum List

Back