Is it time to legalize pot and reduce the death rate of tobacco and alcohol?

What does it matter whether its harmful or not? Cigarettes are proven to be harmful, alcohol is proven to harmful as well. Since when did it become the governments responsibility to remove anything harmful from our lives?

What does it matter whether its harmful or not? Cigarettes are proven to be harmful, alcohol is proven to harmful as well. Since when did it become the governments responsibility to remove anything harmful from our lives?

Probably when the government decided to remove cigarettes, followed by trans fats, salt and now apparently sugar.

Tobacco kills more people than all other psychotropic drugs combined, excluding alcohol.
Our government policy should be to legalize the more forgiving drugs and make the less forgiving drugs illegal.

Addiction research and government reports for the last 100 years have exonerated pot and cleared it’s reputation as the safest and most forgiving alternative for psychotropic drug use.

The last vote in California for or against the legalization of pot was defeated because of funding by the tobacco and alcohol lobby. In real terms, they were buying permission to kill human with government collusion.

How much money per human life did alcohol and tobacco pay our government officials?

Is it time to do the moral thing and save the lives we can by making the less harmful psychotropic drugs legal?

Regards
DL

While I agree that pot should be legal I don't however agree that it will reduce alcohol or tobacco related deaths.

Anyone who would rather smoke weed than drink already does. Pot is so ubiquitous that anyone who wants it can get it. The only real reason not to smoke weed is because you don't like to.

Personally I don't like weed even getting away from the sucking smoke aspect with a vaporizer. I just don't care for that particular high. Nothing will make me smoke pot over having a glass of bourbon on the rocks.

Tobacco and weed aren't even synonymous so i don't get that comparison.

Last edited:
It is part of the specious claim that marijuana is superior, everyone should smoke it because if everyone does, it will surely be legal.

It is part of the specious claim that marijuana is superior, everyone should smoke it because if everyone does, it will surely be legal.

It should be legal anyway.

It's time we stopped operating under the reefer madness dogma.

Lisa Voice might disagree with you. But, it might be necessary! After all, right now we don't know how good or bad it would be. It would be easy enough to introduce an experiment and see how bad it gets.

Lisa Voice might disagree with you. But, it might be necessary! After all, right now we don't know how good or bad it would be. It would be easy enough to introduce an experiment and see how bad it gets.

Portugal.

5 Years After: Portugal's Drug Decriminalization Policy Shows Positive Results: Scientific American

Portugal.

5 Years After: Portugal's Drug Decriminalization Policy Shows Positive Results: Scientific American

Its time to legalize the Buddha.

The government needs to get out of the social engineering business and focus on creating and environment where we can prosper. I don't smoke pot and I don't drink often. I have a family to take care of and I don't want my kids doing that so I try to set an example for them. That's my job as a parent. It is not the governments job to be my parent.

Portugal is a failed country! Do legalization advocates propose using Portugal as a model!

If democrats use Greece as a financial model, I guess so, Portugal could well be a social model.

Portugal is a failed country! Do legalization advocates propose using Portugal as a model!

If democrats use Greece as a financial model, I guess so, Portugal could well be a social model.

How about Germany as a model? they have legalized whores, not sure about the dope though.

How about Germany as a model? they have legalized whores, not sure about the dope though.

That's failed too but for very different reasons. There's nothing at all wrong with legalized prostitution. It's some bizarre belief that legalized prostitution will somehow better the lives of prostitutes that is disgusting. Liberals pass crazy laws in all sincerity that they are doing the right thing, pat themselves on the back, pour another glass of Chardonnay and toast their own intelligence.

Even in Germany, prostitution has not helped German's legalized prostitution brought more exploitation than emancipation to women - National Human Rights | Examiner.com

This is what happened with banning DDT in Africa. The liberal envrionmentalists went on their own cheering committee while the people died of malaria. Then the idiot libs recommended sleep nets to preserve the species of malaria carrying mosquitoes.

That's failed too but for very different reasons. There's nothing at all wrong with legalized prostitution. It's some bizarre belief that legalized prostitution will somehow better the lives of prostitutes that is disgusting. Liberals pass crazy laws in all sincerity that they are doing the right thing, pat themselves on the back, pour another glass of Chardonnay and toast their own intelligence.

Even in Germany, prostitution has not helped German's legalized prostitution brought more exploitation than emancipation to women - National Human Rights | Examiner.com

This is what happened with banning DDT in Africa. The liberal envrionmentalists went on their own cheering committee while the people died of malaria. Then the idiot libs recommended sleep nets to preserve the species of malaria carrying mosquitoes.

Hmm so you think giving prostitutes a safer environment to work their trade isn't making their situation better? I don't mean to derail the thread but I am curious, I would think the average working girl is better off in Germany instead of working the streets here illegally.

What makes Portugal a 'failed country'? Do the things that make it a 'failed country' have to do with the legalization of drugs? Any evidence?

The political and financial state of the country aside, the drug policies have resulted in less not more addiction and less money spent on useless police enforcement of drug laws.

If you're not intellectually capable of separating the issues maybe you should go back to kindergarten.

Tobacco kills more people than all other psychotropic drugs combined, excluding alcohol.
Our government policy should be to legalize the more forgiving drugs and make the less forgiving drugs illegal.

Addiction research and government reports for the last 100 years have exonerated pot and cleared it’s reputation as the safest and most forgiving alternative for psychotropic drug use.

The last vote in California for or against the legalization of pot was defeated because of funding by the tobacco and alcohol lobby. In real terms, they were buying permission to kill human with government collusion.

How much money per human life did alcohol and tobacco pay our government officials?

Is it time to do the moral thing and save the lives we can by making the less harmful psychotropic drugs legal?

Regards
DL

While I agree that pot should be legal I don't however agree that it will reduce alcohol or tobacco related deaths.

Anyone who would rather smoke weed than drink already does. Pot is so ubiquitous that anyone who wants it can get it. The only real reason not to smoke weed is because you don't like to.

Personally I don't like weed even getting away from the sucking smoke aspect with a vaporizer. I just don't care for that particular high. Nothing will make me smoke pot over having a glass of bourbon on the rocks.

My background is marketing. Think of what Pepsi and Coke do. They produce new products just to gain more shelf space and thus sell more products.

Any and all drug products added to the available market will automatically reduce the consumption of the others.

I agree that few of this generation will change their habits but with legalization comes education and our next generations will make more informed choices based on harm and that is what will increase the sales of less harmful drugs.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

My background is marketing. Think of what Pepsi and Coke do. They produce new products just to gain more shelf space and thus sell more products.

Any and all drug products added to the available market will automatically reduce the consumption of the others.

I agree that few of this generation will change their habits but with legalization comes education and our next generations will make more informed choices based on harm and that is what will increase the sales of less harmful drugs.

Regards
DL

But how do you know? I for example said I would probably enjoy a fat blunt every now and again, probably at gatherings but I would not stop buying my booze and smokes just because weed happened to become legal.

Superior, no.

Safer than alcohol and tobacco, yes.

Regards
DL

Safer than alcohol I can see, safer than tobacco how? you can smoke 12 cigs in a row and not get inebriated, some people get faded off half a joint.

Or how good.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDt8NXLs1ws&feature=player_embedded]Legalizing Drugs Decreases Use - Proof In Portugal, Netherlands - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back