Is it time to focus on more important things than this never ending healthcare plan?

I wish our politicians would put this much effort into creating jobs and getting this economy back on track as they are trying to pay for everyone's health care....

It seems like everyday there is some article out about the new changes in the health care government take over plan.... By the way, a plan that they themselves don't want to be a part of.

I agree with you, but so long as the media can keep up the allegory that Democrats want people to have health care, while Republicans just want people to die quickly and have no health care, and that Democrats would pass legislation and if it weren't for those mean ol' Republicans and their stinking filibuster they would, I see this going to Thanksgiving, at least.

I am still confused over the accusation that the republicans are stonewalling any legislation for healthcare. They cant...even if they wanted to.

Truth is...I am not confused over it....I know exactly what they are doing.

Unfortunately, many people listen to words and do not make decisions based on logic.

Fuck you, you lazy bastard 45,000 Americans who die every year because of lack of access to health care. If you really wanted it, you would work for it like all the Republicans in the House and Senate who get their care for life even after they lose their seat.

Bunch of pussies. The world is overcrowded as it is. Let them die and let the insurers get richer. It's all in the scheme of capitalism is the only answer and greed is good.

Well, damn. If that's what Republicans want a civil war about, they're already losing, since most people not only have health care, but are satisfied with it.

I could've sworn what we wanted was a non-omnibus bill that attacked cost and issues such as tort reform and for the bill to be read by our legislators. Makes sense that you'd categorize that as us wanting a "civil war".

If thats what the republicans wanted, then why didn't they pass these reforms during the six years they were in power?

They were too concerned with issues of national security, but they did drop the ball. That said, why didn't Democrats bring these reforms in the past two years?

Simple..

They knew Bush would veto any healthcare legislation

I wish our politicians would put this much effort into creating jobs and getting this economy back on track as they are trying to pay for everyone's health care....

It seems like everyday there is some article out about the new changes in the health care government take over plan.... By the way, a plan that they themselves don't want to be a part of.

Of course not. Passing this form of health care will fix the economy, pay off the debt, feed and house everyone, and bring about world peace. All beginning in 2013. :eusa_dance::eusa_whistle:

If thats what the republicans wanted, then why didn't they pass these reforms during the six years they were in power?

They were too concerned with issues of national security, but they did drop the ball. That said, why didn't Democrats bring these reforms in the past two years?

Simple..

...or maybe they knew they didn't have enough votes to pass it in the first place, and the last thing they wanted to do was show the voters how disjointed Democrats can be during election season.

Simple..

Really?

I do not recall anyone in congress saying they wanted to debate healthcare but did not want to waste their time becuase Bush would veto it.

I mean...that would have been GREAT for the demoicratic party with an election on the horizon.

But they didnt...so what do you base your assumption on?

Well, damn. If that's what Republicans want a civil war about, they're already losing, since most people not only have health care, but are satisfied with it.

I could've sworn what we wanted was a non-omnibus bill that attacked cost and issues such as tort reform and for the bill to be read by our legislators. Makes sense that you'd categorize that as us wanting a "civil war".

Look at post 17....3 before yours in this thread...is that you in my head?

Simple..

Really?

I do not recall anyone in congress saying they wanted to debate healthcare but did not want to waste their time becuase Bush would veto it.

I mean...that would have been GREAT for the demoicratic party with an election on the horizon.

But they didnt...so what do you base your assumption on?

The Democrats knew they would be in a stronger position after the election. The republicans were in the process of being sent into exile.
Why put forward a bill that they knew would never see the light of day?

republicans blew their chance if they really wanted to get healthcare the way they wanted it. They could have tailored it just the way they wanted it. But we know republicans looked at healthcare as poison and were more concerned with blocking any meaningful reform

When are poeple going to realize that short of taking less tax money from businesses, there is little the governemnt can do to help the economy.
A man gets a temp job paving a road via stimulus money, he knows it is temporary and will spend based on the fact that he may be unemployed again once the road is paved...so he will simply spend the money needed to survive.....mnoney he would have gotten from unemplyment anyway.
Healthcare? I am against much of what is in the current 5 bills...but at least government is doing their jobs....legislation for ther welfare of the people.
...but to mettle in the economy by taking from peter so paul can pave a road that does not NEED paving is doing nothing but spreading the wealth....but by no means helping the economy.

Exactly!!!! Get rid of all of the stupid spending that is not part of the constitution and give the people their own money back.... What a novel concept? Just imagine how much money people would have to buy their own health care....

Fuck you, you lazy bastard 45,000 Americans who die every year because of lack of access to health care. If you really wanted it, you would work for it like all the Republicans in the House and Senate who get their care for life even after they lose their seat.

Bunch of pussies. The world is overcrowded as it is. Let them die and let the insurers get richer. It's all in the scheme of capitalism is the only answer and greed is good.

rayboy then why don't you pay for everyone?????? Problem solved... Will you do it, hell no... You want someone else to do it...typical lefty.

rayboy then why don't you pay for everyone?????? Problem solved... Will you do it, hell no... You want someone else to do it...typical lefty.

:eek: Gasp !

The right wing does want people to die

Healthcare now consumes 17% of GNP in the US. Estimates show that number will double in the next twenty or so years. There is no issue more important to our longterm economic health than healthcare, because in the end it will destroy our economy if we don't find a way to reduce its costs.

What ya don't seem to understand, is that if this Healthcare 'plan' passes... what will have been 'passed' is the threshold towards Civil War... as what it represents is the total and complete dislodging of the US from our American foundation; an absolute usurpation of your unalienable human rights... The Normalization of the invalid reasoning that YOU OWE SOMEONE ELSE WHATEVER THE GOVERNMENT SAYS YOU OWE, TO FILL WHATEVER THE GOVERNMENT DEEMS IS A NEED ON THEIR PART.

1861 Civil War over whether one man has a right to own another man

2009 Idiot republicans want a Civil War over whether people deserve healthcare

How the republican party ideals have changed

More like Civil War over whether a group of men has a right to own the health care of everyman.

What ya don't seem to understand, is that if this Healthcare 'plan' passes... what will have been 'passed' is the threshold towards Civil War... as what it represents is the total and complete dislodging of the US from our American foundation; an absolute usurpation of your unalienable human rights... The Normalization of the invalid reasoning that YOU OWE SOMEONE ELSE WHATEVER THE GOVERNMENT SAYS YOU OWE, TO FILL WHATEVER THE GOVERNMENT DEEMS IS A NEED ON THEIR PART.

More like Civil War over whether a group of men has a right to own the health care of everyman.

Where in the existing bill does it say this??

Healthcare now consumes 17% of GNP in the US. Estimates show that number will double in the next twenty or so years. There is no issue more important to our longterm economic health than healthcare, because in the end it will destroy our economy if we don't find a way to reduce its costs.

This is also why we should focus on passing good health care reform. I'd be more worried about passing bad reform than passing no reform. Why liberals can understand how fighting two wars can be bad for the economy, but can't seem to understand why instituting a huge social program (when all of our others have gone massively over-budget) might be detrimental to the economy long-term, is confusing to me.

You know...it is interesting how people view things.

Many see healthcare as a service that will be offered by the government. They see Obama as the man that will give them healthcare. They see congress as the body that will vote to allow government to give them healthcare.

They see government as the body that gave them a stimulus...they see government as the body that gives special interests money to expand.

They see government spending as a means to make things less expensive for the people.

What they seem to not realize...and not all...but a large number.....it is not government that pays for this stuff. Government does not earn an income...yes...they have revenue...but it is not earned revenue....IT IS TAX MONEY.

Sure the left says "so what, who cares about Van Jones...he had no serious responsibility"...but they seem to foreget that THEIR TAX MONEY was paying his salary to sit there and do nothing as they claim...or to have loads of responsibility which he should never have been allowed!

IT IS THEIR TAX MONEY that will cover undocumneted immigrants healthcare.....IT IS THEIR TAX MONEY that is paying for a man to put up a sign that says "this sign has sharp edges. Stay away from this sign"

ANd Obama feeds this thinking as he tells the world that HE will give them healthcare and HE will give them a stimulus....

I dont know...call me nuts or something.....but wouldnt his approval ratings and oversall support increase if once...just once...he says...

"We need to thank ALL Americans for this stimulus. We need tyo thank ALL americans for this healthcare. We need to stop chastising the rich as ithey are carrying the burden of over 85% of the tax revenue that is helping us keep this land as the greatest in the world"

But no...he has the country hating the rich as he takes credit for his initiatives that avcerage everyday americans are paying for.

Yes, that word existing. Of course we both know the answer to that. Problem is, that isn't what is going to be reported out of the reconciliation is it? This is a government take over of the health system of the United States period. My statement, "Civil War over whether a group of men has a right to own the health care of everyman", is certainly far more accurate than, "Civil War over whether people deserve healthcare". Did that word idiot really help you make your point? Even republican for that matter. You sure ALL Democrats will vote for the bill?

Yes, that word existing. Of course we both know the answer to that. Problem is, that isn't what is going to be reported out of the reconciliation is it? This is a government take over of the health system of the United States period. My statement, "Civil War over whether a group of men has a right to own the health care of everyman", is certainly far more accurate than, "Civil War over whether people deserve healthcare". Did that word idiot really help you make your point? Even republican for that matter. You sure ALL Democrats will vote for the bill?

Proof?

Where in ANY bill does it provide for the Government to "take over" our healthcare system??

Just because Rush Limbaugh says it doesn't make it so!

Last edited:
Everything in due season. First, you are two questions behind. Mine then yours.

Forum List

Back