Is it time to end US asylum?

Going through these threads on the separation of children and adults, it seems to me asylum seekers are using children to divide Americans. It also seems they are abusing our generous asylum policies to sneak into the country.

And as usual, it's divided on political lines. On the left, the tears flow over children being separated from their so-called parents, and on the right, tough love is the only way to have a long lasting solution.

But the solution to both of our concerns is just to end asylum in the US. Yes, we tried to be nice, we tried to be caring, but our empathy is now being used as a tool against us.

After getting rid of asylum, no more will these children be our concern. We won't have to be criticized about separation of children and adults because they won't be in this country. And if we are to have any kind of asylum, it must be done via mail. You can still apply for asylum from your country, but you need to request an asylum application from Washington DC. We will mail your application to you, and you can send it back postage paid. If you and your children are caught on US land, your application will immediately be rejected.

There, problem solved. Next?

You people are so dense. It isn't everyone else, it's you.

Going through these threads on the separation of children and adults, it seems to me asylum seekers are using children to divide Americans. It also seems they are abusing our generous asylum policies to sneak into the country.

And as usual, it's divided on political lines. On the left, the tears flow over children being separated from their so-called parents, and on the right, tough love is the only way to have a long lasting solution.

But the solution to both of our concerns is just to end asylum in the US. Yes, we tried to be nice, we tried to be caring, but our empathy is now being used as a tool against us.

After getting rid of asylum, no more will these children be our concern. We won't have to be criticized about separation of children and adults because they won't be in this country. And if we are to have any kind of asylum, it must be done via mail. You can still apply for asylum from your country, but you need to request an asylum application from Washington DC. We will mail your application to you, and you can send it back postage paid. If you and your children are caught on US land, your application will immediately be rejected.

You missed the target but hit the tree. Donald Trump is the one who is using immigrants to divide Americans. Trump and Trump alone is responsible for this fiasco.

Trump has created this crisis in order to advance his agenda of stopping non-white, non-Christian immigration. The immigrants are running from the violence that American policies and American gangs have created in their homelands. YOUR country has created multiple refugee crises in the Middle East and Latin America.

Having made a botched mess of foreign policy which created all these refugees, you now claim they aren’t your problem.

MS13 is an American gang. Americans exported that gang to El Salvador. Now Americans don’t want that shit coming back to them. Fair enough, but you exported this violence to El Salvador, not the other way around.

The US is in the business of exporting gang culture around the world. Crips, Bloods, MS13, Hell’s Angels - all are American gangs now found in many countries. We had Crips and Bloods in Toronto. I guess the rest of the world should ban Americans to keep their gangs out of our countries.

American policy creates these refugees and then Americans don’t want to help clean up the mess YOU created.

Stop blaming the refugees and start pressuring your leaders to clean up the mess they made.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/02/11/what-is-ms-13/

Another blame America first person. Wonderful.

So tell us, how is America responsible for creating these gangs? Did we subsidize them? Did we give them a seat at Congress? Did we give them amnesty? What?

MS 13 started in the extremely liberal state of California. You know, that state where they hand out poop maps so people don't step in human crap?

If Trump was using immigrants to start trouble, he would have brought them here. But Trump didn't do that. He is only responding to the invasion. So yes, they are our problem that started in one of the most liberal states of the union. So because of that, all should suffer?

hey FTFun , i don't want yer preferred people in the USA . I may have widdle kids , i don't want them influenced by by your preferred third worlders in American kids schoolrooms FTFun .

hey FTFun , i don't want yer preferred people in the USA . I may have widdle kids , i don't want them influenced by by your preferred third worlders in American kids schoolrooms FTFun .
Yes, we know. Are you going to sit there like a goddamn parrot and repeat yourself all night?

You missed the target but hit the tree. Donald Trump is the one who is using immigrants to divide Americans. Trump and Trump alone is responsible for this fiasco.

Trump has created this crisis in order to advance his agenda of stopping non-white, non-Christian immigration. The immigrants are running from the violence that American policies and American gangs have created in their homelands. YOUR country has created multiple refugee crises in the Middle East and Latin America.

Having made a botched mess of foreign policy which created all these refugees, you now claim they aren’t your problem.

MS13 is an American gang. Americans exported that gang to El Salvador. Now Americans don’t want that shit coming back to them. Fair enough, but you exported this violence to El Salvador, not the other way around.

The US is in the business of exporting gang culture around the world. Crips, Bloods, MS13, Hell’s Angels - all are American gangs now found in many countries. We had Crips and Bloods in Toronto. I guess the rest of the world should ban Americans to keep their gangs out of our countries.

American policy creates these refugees and then Americans don’t want to help clean up the mess YOU created.

Stop blaming the refugees and start pressuring your leaders to clean up the mess they made.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/02/11/what-is-ms-13/

Another blame America first person. Wonderful.

So tell us, how is America responsible for creating these gangs? Did we subsidize them? Did we give them a seat at Congress? Did we give them amnesty? What?

MS 13 started in the extremely liberal state of California. You know, that state where they hand out poop maps so people don't step in human crap?

If Trump was using immigrants to start trouble, he would have brought them here. But Trump didn't do that. He is only responding to the invasion. So yes, they are our problem that started in one of the most liberal states of the union. So because of that, all should suffer?
--------------------------------------------- well , she is one of 'trudy trudeas' people a 'canook' to boot Ray

Yes, we know. Are you going to sit there like a goddamn parrot and repeat yourself all night?
--------------------------------------------------------- Sure , if you keep advocating the flooding of the USA with third worlders FTFun .

It is absolutely not time to end asylim. In fact, it should be expanded. This country has some work to do to regain a position of moral and ethical leadership in the world, which itself is important to the relative global peace we have experiences for decades. While M.A.D. may prevent world wars between superpowers, most countries are neither nuclear-armed nor superpowers. The relative peace we experience is non no small part due to other countries aspiring to the freedom, both economically and ideologically, that the facade of the United States represents. Please spare me the comments of people who don't and didn't view the US this way, as I am aware of their existence. The point is...do we want a world with fewer or more of those people? Fewer, easy answer. And the path to that result is through humanism-based morality and reason-based law.

Another one with we need to prove ourselves to the world. We don't need to prove ourselves to anybody. We are the United States of America. We don't owe the world anything. They may owe us, but that's another subject for another time. If others don't like the way we (or Trump) runs our country, then STF out. In fact, if they did, it would eliminate problems for us. If you don't like how we handle children invading our country, then don't come here with your children either.

'Asylum' is supposed to be asked for at the nearest nation out of harm's way.

Illegals are traveling THROUGH other nations to get to the US to then ask/file for asylum.
- BOGUS

'Asylum' is requested at LEGAL PORTS OF ENTRY', NOT by crossing over illegally and then requesting it.
- BOGUS

What is happening is an illegal 'INVASION', not a bunch is asylum-seekers coming to the US to legally seek asylum.

Another one with we need to prove ourselves to the world. We don't need to prove ourselves to anybody. We are the United States of America.
Yes, i know you see might as right. I reject that terrible philosophy, in favor of actual, reason- and humanism-based morals and ethics.

Problem in no way solved. Stop being a simpleton and try again.

'Asylum' is supposed to be asked for at the nearest nation out of harm's way.

Illegals are traveling THROUGH other nations to get to the US to then ask/file for asylum.
- BOGUS

'Asylum' is requested at LEGAL PORTS OF ENTRY', NOT by crossing over illegally and then requesting it.
- BOGUS

What is happening is an illegal 'INVASION', not a bunch is asylum-seekers coming to the US to legally seek asylum.

And that's exactly it. Asylum is a safe haven if your country presents a threat of physical harm or death to you or your family. Once you step foot in Mexico, that goal was accomplished. You can't trade in your asylum for a better asylum in a better country.

Problem in no way solved. Stop being a simpleton and try again.

How is the problem not solved? Stop the problems before they get here. I think that's a pretty good solution.

Another one with we need to prove ourselves to the world. We don't need to prove ourselves to anybody. We are the United States of America.
Yes, i know you see might as right. I reject that terrible philosophy, in favor of actual, reason- and humanism-based morals and ethics.

Or in other words an open border policy. Well we have 7.5 billion people in this world; many I'm sure which would love to be here. So tell us, how many of these 7.5 billion people should we take in to prove our moral and ethical ways?

I am just surprised you white fuckers are not still screwing the injuns out of their land and possessions...

The only reason to cross the border instead of going to a consulate is to short circuit the system and optics for lib talking points. There is no reason at all for unaccompanief children other than parents who don't give a damn about them... Send all political foot soldiers back.

Forum List

Back