CDZ Is it Time for Germany to Get Over War Guilt?

it was a Team Europe sport, with many countries' people enthusiastically helping the Nazis in the conquered countries with rounding them up, especially Poland. They cleansed their histories of this and swept it all under the Nazi rug, from Denmark, the Netherlands, France, all the way to the Ukraine, large numbers of locals were more than happy to cooperate and aid the SS in identifying and rounding Jews.

Why? Why were the Jews so widely and thoroughly despised, as you claim, everywhere that people would go to the extreme measure of mass extermination?
Because they were educated and cared more about their children's future than getting stinking drunk all night.
You know, like Adolh's father did and then beat the shit out of Adolf and Adolf's mother every night.
What's the matter? Never read Mein Kampf?

Well, being educated and caring for one's children is no reason to hate someone. So, you do in fact believe Jews were absolutely blameless for any antipathy Germans felt toward them. See, I told you. I have yet to encounter a Jew that will cede even one percent of the blame. It is always one hundred percent the fault of their Christian host populations.

Here's one I bet you won't answer. What about the rising antipathy Americans are feeling toward Jews in 2017? Are Jews doing anything at all--even a smidgen--to excite that antipathy? Or is it just Jewish child-rearing practices that is causing the growing anger?

You're making a lot of accusations here against Jewish people and offering nothing to support anything. So put it out there, what did the Jews do that caused the kind of animosity that lead to the Holocaust? And what's this about a rising antipathy among Americans towards Jews? Where does that come from? Jewish child-rearing practices? What are you talking about?

it was a Team Europe sport, with many countries' people enthusiastically helping the Nazis in the conquered countries with rounding them up, especially Poland. They cleansed their histories of this and swept it all under the Nazi rug, from Denmark, the Netherlands, France, all the way to the Ukraine, large numbers of locals were more than happy to cooperate and aid the SS in identifying and rounding Jews.

Why? Why were the Jews so widely and thoroughly despised, as you claim, everywhere that people would go to the extreme measure of mass extermination?
Because they were educated and cared more about their children's future than getting stinking drunk all night.
You know, like Adolh's father did and then beat the shit out of Adolf and Adolf's mother every night.
What's the matter? Never read Mein Kampf?

Well, being educated and caring for one's children is no reason to hate someone. So, you do in fact believe Jews were absolutely blameless for any antipathy Germans felt toward them. See, I told you. I have yet to encounter a Jew that will cede even one percent of the blame. It is always one hundred percent the fault of their Christian host populations.

Here's one I bet you won't answer. What about the rising antipathy Americans are feeling toward Jews in 2017? Are Jews doing anything at all--even a smidgen--to excite that antipathy? Or is it just Jewish child-rearing practices that is causing the growing anger?

You're making a lot of accusations here against Jewish people and offering nothing to support anything. So put it out there, what did the Jews do that caused the kind of animosity that lead to the Holocaust? And what's this about a rising antipathy among Americans towards Jews? Where does that come from? Jewish child-rearing practices? What are you talking about?
cnelson has been posting like this for years.
He cannot accept non-Jewish responsibility for any action taken against Jews.

Jews assimilating ain't a god thing.

So, Jews wouldn't assimilate? Yes, that might cause some friction certainly. But it still isn't the Jews' fault, according to you. It's God's?
Let's say God is upset with Jews for wanting to become non-Jews.
Does that excuse the non-Jewish world for being a bunch of wonton drunkards who kill people every night in the bar or beat the crap out of their families every night?
In other words, don't be God's tool.
How many cans of beer in your house at the moment?

Does that excuse the non-Jewish world for being a bunch of wonton drunkards who kill people every night in the bar or beat the crap out of their families every night?

You realize, of course, that I have exposed you as the hate-filled bigot here, don't you? And it's wanton, not "wonton".

You realize, of course, that I have exposed you as the hate-filled bigot here, don't you? And it's wanton, not "wonton".
Sure...that's why you won't recognize the problem with people drinking themselves stupid all night.

Gotta go for the time being.
I challenge you and your friends not to get drunk for 1 week.

So then, you, too, believe Jews bore zero percent of the blame for German antipathy?

Considering German Jews only numbered maybe 300,000 at best, just why did Nazis send some 4,500,000 to death camps from places like France, Poland Hungary, etc.? So, yeah, the vast majority of Jews bore zero responsibility for German antipathy, even if all 300,000 German Jews Were Behaving Badly, a highly unlikely scenario.

What exactly were they doing, anyway? Cheating at Bridge? Chronic jaywalking? Putting on bad puppet shows at the county fairs?

Younger Germans are starting to rebel against the penitent status their country has accepted since the end of WW2, culminating with the disastrous refugee policies of Angela Merkel. Isn't Nazi Germany as distinct from the Germany of today as the Confederacy is from the modern South?

The question is whether or not this realization has come too late. What do you think?

Having lived in Austria and Germany and seen the differences between the former East Germany and West Germany and Austria, you can see the benefit Germany has had of being against racism and fascism. Yes, people might want to change things, as refugees have come in too many and too fast, but then they should be looking at how to prevent the US going to another disastrous war, that is the route of all the problems.

I don't know. As an American, of course, everything I know about history I learned from Hollywood, and I don't recall that subject being addressed in any of the billions of Holocaust movies Hollywood's produced. Usually, Hans and Franz are walking down the street pleasantly greeting their enterprising and benevolent Jewish neighbors when suddenly, for no reason whatsoever, they are unaccountably seized by Evil [slow crossfade, interior, concentration camp] Hans and Franz are viciously exterminating Jews for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than they are Pure Evil and Literally Hitler.

But you are probably right. It was probably bad puppet shows.

Younger Germans are starting to rebel against the penitent status their country has accepted since the end of WW2, culminating with the disastrous refugee policies of Angela Merkel. Isn't Nazi Germany as distinct from the Germany of today as the Confederacy is from the modern South?

The question is whether or not this realization has come too late. What do you think?

Having lived in Austria and Germany and seen the differences between the former East Germany and West Germany and Austria, you can see the benefit Germany has had of being against racism and fascism. Yes, people might want to change things, as refugees have come in too many and too fast, but then they should be looking at how to prevent the US going to another disastrous war, that is the route of all the problems.

That's easy. Shut down AIPAC, and hang Thomas "Cakewalk" Friedman, Doug Feith, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, and Eliot Abrams for treason. Presto. No war. Russia a friend again.

ps, what does East and West Germany have to do with the benefit of being against racism?

That's easy. Shut down AIPAC, and hang Thomas "Cakewalk" Friedman, Doug Feith, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, and Eliot Abrams for treason. Presto. No war. Russia a friend again.

ps, what does East and West Germany have to do with the benefit of being against racism?

Well I was going to ask what your first paragraph has to do with anything.

What does East and West Germany have to do with racism? Well, post WW2 the country was split into 4 which then became 2. The Western powers "denazified" the country for a while and the Soviets didn't care, they just wanted good Communists. Also the West dealt with their racism, you can call it war guilt if you like, whatever, they brought their kids up to understand what had happened and how it was bad. In the East they didn't.

table-4-map-npd-membership-per-100000-test.png

Here's the NPD's 2010 map. They're basically a far right party. You can tell which parts were part of East Germany, right?

Because demagogues need scapegoats to appeal to losers in society so you will follow them.

But notice that the Asians and the Hispanic who share Jewish family values are not the ones spewing the hate.
I've heard it said Jews are notorious for accusing everyone else of what they themselves are guilty of. Sure enough, The only hate-spewing here is coming from you.

Well I was going to ask what your first paragraph has to do with anything.

What does East and West Germany have to do with racism? Well, post WW2 the country was split into 4 which then became 2. The Western powers "denazified" the country for a while and the Soviets didn't care, they just wanted good Communists. Also the West dealt with their racism, you can call it war guilt if you like, whatever, they brought their kids up to understand what had happened and how it was bad. In the East they didn't.

table-4-map-npd-membership-per-100000-test.png

Here's the NPD's 2010 map. They're basically a far right party. You can tell which parts were part of East Germany, right?

I visited East and West Germany as well. The difference was stark, and I can assure you it was due to the fact one was the spawn of Bolshevik communism, the other of Western capitalism. Neither "racism" nor the respective attitudes thereto had any impact whatsoever on the differences between the two countries.

Because demagogues need scapegoats to appeal to losers in society so you will follow them.

So Jews were 100 percent blameless for any antipathy Europeans felt for them?

What a stupid thing to say.

Every nationalist group has a beef against some other, but it doesn't give anyone license to commit genocide.

Idiots fuel bigotry by demanding unrealistic standards of others to rationalize hatred and discrimination.

Forum List

Back