CDZ Is it Time for Germany to Get Over War Guilt?

Equal allies? Being with the US is never going to be an equal ally.

Yes, Obama was wrong for getting involved in Libya and Syria.

Bosnia was different as was Kuwait as was Kosovo.

No, I don't blame just Republicans for invading other nations, though Bush seemed to get a lot more done in these respects than others.

Yes, I protest Russia invading the Ukraine, Georgia and Chechnya. I also protest China doing what it's doing. Bully boy nations.
You are free to believe that people or nations will never be equal before the law or any other conspiracy theory you desire.

The fact remains that when Bush acted unilaterally, it harmed our relationship with our allies since everyone fears a wild 400 lb gorilla in the room. It's when we abide by laws and treat our allies with fairness and equality, that our alliances are stronger and, therefore, US security is better preserved. It's only if we treat our allies in fairness and equality, as they should do us and their allies, that global problems can be handled by nations working together and not just looking upon the US as the World Police or the Global Charity.

In short, all conspiracy theories aside, it is in our nation's best interests to work well with our allies.

Yes, it is in the US's favor to work well with allies.

Going to Iraq and causing all the problems that have been caused does not work well for the allies. They are suffering far more than the USA in this whole affair, yet it was the choice of the US, in fact Germany, France, Sweden, all except the UK and Spain opposed the war that is costing these countries financially and socially. And yet Trump wants them to spend money on arms, when they're spending money on refugees, which Trump seems to have completely ignored.

This is how much NATO member states spend on their military

"Germany's $44.30 billion (£23.65 billion) expenditure represents just 1.15% of its GDP, while Estonia's $430 million (£280 million) invested in its military accounted for around 2% of its GDP in 2014."

So, Germany spends $44 billion which is 1.2%, and NATO wants Germany to spend 2% which is $73 billion a year. So there's a shortfall of $29 billion.

natopercgdp.png

German states to spend around 17 billion euros on refugees in 2016 - Die Welt

"
German states to spend around 17 billion euros on refugees in 2016 - Die Welt"

That's $18 billion. So they're only $11 billion behind here.

"The paper said actual costs would probably be even higher because the regional finance ministries had based their budgets on an estimate from the federal government that 800,000 refugees would come to Germany in 2015. In fact, 965,000 asylum seekers had already arrived by the end of November."
But then add in a few more and that price goes up more.

But then Trump will ignore those figures......

Then take in other costs of policing, and whatever, and you're looking at Germany pulling its weight....

What is Germany's "fair share" here?...
That's because Jews pretty much run our country, and Jews apparently love to facilitate war (between others). Ironically, had we been as fascist and racist as we are made out to be in the Hollywood movies Jews produce, we would never have allowed them to enter and take root in the first place and, today, we wouldn't be launching wars all over the Middle East and provoking Russia.
Bullshit. Less than 2% of the population doesn't dictate to the other 98% of the population what to do. Only ignorant racist idiots believe that tripe.
Yes they do. I may be a racist, but you are a fool or a liar, which is much much worse.

Hey, I admire your honesty even if we disagree. I find I can work with honesty.

Are Jews a race or a culture? My vote is culture. Catholics are not a race. Muslims are not a race.

Are Jews a race or a culture? My vote is culture. Catholics are not a race. Muslims are not a race.
Perhaps, in the same way the Japanese are a culture. But if we use the definition of race as a very large, extended, slightly inbred family, then Jews (and Japanese) are also a race. Two Jewish guys are going to have more ancestors in common and more recently than one of the Jews will have with any non-Jew

Nationalism? Like China? Like Japan? Like Israel? Like India? Like Thailand? Like the Philippines? Like Brazil? Nationalism like that?

What is Germany's "fair share" here? It's the US going around the world invading countries, it's the US going around causing problems, then expecting other countries to pick up the bill..... why?

That's because Jews pretty much run our country, and Jews apparently love to facilitate war (between others). Ironically, had we been as fascist and racist as we are made out to be in the Hollywood movies Jews produce, we would never have allowed them to enter and take root in the first place and, today, we wouldn't be launching wars all over the Middle East and provoking Russia.
And anti-war Democrats love toa facilitate war?
By the way, have you and your friends given up getting drunk for a week?

Bullshit. Less than 2% of the population doesn't dictate to the other 98% of the population what to do. Only ignorant racist idiots believe that tripe.
Yes they do. I may be a racist, but you are a fool or a liar, which is much much worse.
Agreed you are a racist, but disagreed I'm either a fool or a liar to not believe the bullshit that "Jews pretty much run our country, and Jews apparently love to facilitate war". If believing such nonsense lets you sleep better at night, your choice, but it shows a distinct lack of education and intelligence to believe in ZOG, "the deep state" or other such conspiracy theories.

Nope. Only if you disagree with facts are you, me or anyone else ignorant.

I don't think I've ignored any proven facts yet..... so....
You do not accept that xenophobia, regardless of level, is part of human nature AKA our DNA. I suspect you think all babies are born as a "clean slate" with no predispositions or set characteristics based on hundreds of thousands of years of living on the plains and jungles of Africa.

No, I don't blame just Republicans for invading other nations, though Bush seemed to get a lot more done in these respects than others.

Yes, I protest Russia invading the Ukraine, Georgia and Chechnya. I also protest China doing what it's doing. Bully boy nations.
You are free to believe that people or nations will never be equal before the law or any other conspiracy theory you desire.

The fact remains that when Bush acted unilaterally, it harmed our relationship with our allies since everyone fears a wild 400 lb gorilla in the room. It's when we abide by laws and treat our allies with fairness and equality, that our alliances are stronger and, therefore, US security is better preserved. It's only if we treat our allies in fairness and equality, as they should do us and their allies, that global problems can be handled by nations working together and not just looking upon the US as the World Police or the Global Charity.

In short, all conspiracy theories aside, it is in our nation's best interests to work well with our allies.

Going to Iraq and causing all the problems that have been caused does not work well for the allies. They are suffering far more than the USA in this whole affair, yet it was the choice of the US, in fact Germany, France, Sweden, all except the UK and Spain opposed the war that is costing these countries financially and socially. And yet Trump wants them to spend money on arms, when they're spending money on refugees, which Trump seems to have completely ignored.

"Germany's $44.30 billion (£23.65 billion) expenditure represents just 1.15% of its GDP, while Estonia's $430 million (£280 million) invested in its military accounted for around 2% of its GDP in 2014."

So, Germany spends $44 billion which is 1.2%, and NATO wants Germany to spend 2% which is $73 billion a year. So there's a shortfall of $29 billion.

natopercgdp.png

"

"The paper said actual costs would probably be even higher because the regional finance ministries had based their budgets on an estimate from the federal government that 800,000 refugees would come to Germany in 2015. In fact, 965,000 asylum seekers had already arrived by the end of November."

Then take in other costs of policing, and whatever, and you're looking at Germany pulling its weight....
The problem with taking in refugees is that it doesn't solve the problem of why they are refugees. It's a problem with no end in sight. Solve the problem of what is causing refugees and all that money spent on taking in refugees can be used elsewhere.

The 100,000 refugees the Obama administration wanted to bring to the US are really immigrants since no one believes they'll eventually go home. Better, IMO, to solve the crisis in Syria in coordination with our allies and other foreign powers so Syrians can stay home and rebuild their country.

Nope. Only if you disagree with facts are you, me or anyone else ignorant.

I don't think I've ignored any proven facts yet..... so....
You do not accept that xenophobia, regardless of level, is part of human nature AKA our DNA. I suspect you think all babies are born as a "clean slate" with no predispositions or set characteristics based on hundreds of thousands of years of living on the plains and jungles of Africa.

No I don't accept it. You suspect wrong.... sorry.

natopercgdp.png

"

The problem with taking in refugees is that it doesn't solve the problem of why they are refugees. It's a problem with no end in sight. Solve the problem of what is causing refugees and all that money spent on taking in refugees can be used elsewhere.

The 100,000 refugees the Obama administration wanted to bring to the US are really immigrants since no one believes they'll eventually go home. Better, IMO, to solve the crisis in Syria in coordination with our allies and other foreign powers so Syrians can stay home and rebuild their country.

No, it doesn't. But going to war, which Trump seems to want, is the reason why the problem exists in the first place..... the US is the problem, it's war mongering is the problem, and Trump wants other NATO countries to increase Military spending for what reason? No one increases military spending without war on their mind.

No, it doesn't. But going to war, which Trump seems to want, is the reason why the problem exists in the first place..... the US is the problem, it's war mongering is the problem, and Trump wants other NATO countries to increase Military spending for what reason? No one increases military spending without war on their mind.
He's only following in Obama's footsteps. Did you argue these points when President Obama was Commander in Chief? Did you post "But going to war, which Obama seems to want, is the reason why the problem exists in the first place"?

I doubt you did. Your arguments strike me as partisan politics, not a rational discussion on US interactions with allies and foreign threats.

On what scientific basis do you disagree with the links I posted? What is your expertise in this area of human genetics and psychology?

Expertise? So I need to have a PhD in psychology or human genetics to disagree with you? Oh, come off it. I doubt you have that either... so.....

Try this. I have a brain and I think....

He's only following in Obama's footsteps. Did you argue these points when President Obama was Commander in Chief? Did you post "But going to war, which Obama seems to want, is the reason why the problem exists in the first place"?

I doubt you did. Your arguments strike me as partisan politics, not a rational discussion on US interactions with allies and foreign threats.

Fine, you go on the attack and don't wait for any response to me.

All I'll say is that you believe I'm simple but you don't know what I think, so, you just keep assuming things about me, then you can argue against yourself. You won't even need me. How fucking amazing is that?

Or, if you actually want to discuss things with me PROPERLY, you can do without the aimless assumptions and attacks in the first place. Such attacks "strike me as partisan politics, not a rational discussion"....

I don't do games like this, sorry, so my replies will be dependent on how you respond.

Younger Germans are starting to rebel against the penitent status their country has accepted since the end of WW2, culminating with the disastrous refugee policies of Angela Merkel. Isn't Nazi Germany as distinct from the Germany of today as the Confederacy is from the modern South?

The question is whether or not this realization has come too late. What do you think?
Never again. Always vigilant. Wehret den anfängen. That is the lesson which has to be taught and learned, especially now when populist ***** run around again trying to obtain power by scapegoating and all the other typical nazi rhetoric. Look at lunazi posts for examples. 100 % streicher.

On what scientific basis do you disagree with the links I posted? What is your expertise in this area of human genetics and psychology?

Expertise? So I need to have a PhD in psychology or human genetics to disagree with you? Oh, come off it. I doubt you have that either... so.....

No, but you need an actual point beyond saying that he is wrong when he has posted links to back his shit up.

You offer nothing other than flatly stating he is wrong. The existence of self segregation flatly shows that you are incorrect as well.

Nice dodge, but the question was about why you are refuting facts as presented in the links. Facts you deny yet have no logical answer in reply.

No worries though. You are free to have emotionally-based, unsubstantiated opinions about human psychology even when faced with facts just like others can do with climate change or homosexuals.

Psychobabble Bobblehead

Glued to a new guru? Or glued to his magic carpet as you get down on your knees before your new Master?
Here's more "psychobabble" you may be interested in reading:

Military risk factors for cognitive decline, dementia and Alzheimer's disease. - PubMed - NCBI
Delayed neurological health consequences of environmental exposures during military service have been generally underappreciated. The rapidly expanding understanding of Alzheimer's disease (AD) pathogenesis now makes it possible to quantitate some of the likely long-term health risks associated with military service. Military risk factors for AD include both factors elevated in military personnel such as tobacco use, traumatic brain injury (TBI), depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other nonspecific risk factors for AD including, vascular risk factors such as obesity and obesity-related diseases (e.g., metabolic syndrome), education and physical fitness. The degree of combat exposure, Vietnam era Agent Orange exposure and Gulf War Illness may also influence risk for AD. Using available data on the association of AD and specific exposures and risk factors, the authors have conservatively estimated 423,000 new cases of AD in veterans by 2020, including 140,000 excess cases associated with specific military exposures. The cost associated with these excess cases is approximately $5.8 billion to $7.8 billion. Mitigation of the potential impact of military exposures on the cognitive function of veterans and management of modifiable risk factors through specifically designed programs will be instrumental in minimizing the impact of AD in veterans in the future decades.

Veterans' Diseases Associated with Agent Orange - Public Health
VA assumes that certain diseases can be related to a Veteran's qualifying military service. We call these "presumptive diseases."

VA has recognized certain cancers and other health problems as presumptive diseases associated with exposure to Agent Orange or other herbicides during military service. Veterans and their survivors may be eligible for benefits for these diseases.

• AL Amyloidosis
    A rare disease caused when an abnormal protein, amyloid, enters tissues or organs
  • Chronic B-cell Leukemias
    A type of cancer which affects white blood cells
  • Chloracne (or similar acneform disease)
    A skin condition that occurs soon after exposure to chemicals and looks like common forms of acne seen in teenagers. Under VA's rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of exposure to herbicides.
  • Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
    A disease characterized by high blood sugar levels resulting from the body’s inability to respond properly to the hormone insulin
  • Hodgkin's Disease
    A malignant lymphoma (cancer) characterized by progressive enlargement of the lymph nodes, liver, and spleen, and by progressive anemia
  • Ischemic Heart Disease
    A disease characterized by a reduced supply of blood to the heart, that leads to chest pain
  • Multiple Myeloma
    A cancer of plasma cells, a type of white blood cell in bone marrow
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
    A group of cancers that affect the lymph glands and other lymphatic tissue
  • Parkinson's Disease
    A progressive disorder of the nervous system that affects muscle movement
  • Peripheral Neuropathy, Early-Onset
    A nervous system condition that causes numbness, tingling, and motor weakness. Under VA's rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of herbicide exposure.
  • Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
    A disorder characterized by liver dysfunction and by thinning and blistering of the skin in sun-exposed areas. Under VA's rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of exposure to herbicides.
  • Prostate Cancer
    Cancer of the prostate; one of the most common cancers among men
  • Respiratory Cancers (includes lung cancer)
    Cancers of the lung, larynx, trachea, and bronchus
  • Soft Tissue Sarcomas (other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposi's sarcoma, or mesothelioma)
    A group of different types of cancers in body tissues such as muscle, fat, blood and lymph vessels, and connective tissues

Agent Orange and Other Veterans Health Issues
It seemed to start with Agent Orange. As far back as the 1970s, Vietnam veterans began noticing strange and serious health problems, and it wasn’t long until independent researchers established a link between these health problems and Agent Orange....

http://www.alzheimersanddementia.com/article/S1552-5260(15)02226-8/abstract
...Veterans who reported Agent Orange exposure were similar to those who did not in age but were more likely to have a wide range of medical and psychiatric conditions at baseline. Agent Orange exposure was associated with a 30% increased risk of dementia...
If You Can't Respect the Man, You Shouldn't Respect His Mind

Those childish, escapist, Mama's Boy nerds have failed for decades in curing cancer; they deserve no respect for any of their medical theories. An oncologist doesn't earn a living until he is 30 years old. We are trained to think that geniuses are weirdos who can put up with slavish sacrifice and still get the job done when they are finally given the job. Not true at all, and the results show it. If I were a billionaire, I wouldn't give a dime to the American Cancer Society and others to waste on these conformist eunuchs. Until superior minds are treated exactly the way we treat superior athletes, from childhood on, they will cure nothing. Their mental growth was stunted when their personal growth was.

No worries though. You are free to have emotionally-based, unsubstantiated opinions about human psychology even when faced with facts just like others can do with climate change or homosexuals.
B Students Jealous of A Students

You are a Bell Curve denier. That discredits the gurus you choose to enslave your mind to.

Agreed you are a racist, but disagreed I'm either a fool or a liar to not believe the bullshit that "Jews pretty much run our country, and Jews apparently love to facilitate war". If believing such nonsense lets you sleep better at night, your choice, but it shows a distinct lack of intelligence to believe in ZOG, "the deep state" or other such conspiracy theories.
Doozies, Who Do Not See, Do See Nazi

The only way you can believe in your decadent nonsense is to associate the opposition with wacko extremists, denying that the opposition rejects them, too. You think all those with White pride are Nazis and are only making a show of not being favorable to the far side.

Forum List

Back