IS IT STRANGE TO HATE YOUR FATHER FOR KILLING YOUR DOG?

Beachboy

Irritated Indy Voter
Apr 8, 2013
Pacific Palisades, CA & Albuquerque, NM
This post seems to be going viral on the Google. Thought it might lead to some discussion here. I re-post for two reasons. First, I think the message is indicative of the kind of pain the death of a pet can bring any of us dog owners, especially because it may have been avoided.

When we were vetted by Golden Retriever RESCUE, we visited a dog that the parents were taking away from a young child. We helped convince the owner to reconsider. Such a separation could leave a life-long scar on the child as in the example here.

Secondly, a rule I learned in business, is do not mess with the gays. This is the most vindictive post I have ever seen.

Berk Toeppen originally shared:

Our German Shepperd died when I was a Freshman in High School at age 8 from cancer of the spleen. I was devastated. At my father's command, I fed Fritz Purina Dog Chow, (basically filler that he just excreted). I served him ONCE a day, (bad for digestion), and added two cans of dog food, (few nutrients), with some table scraps, but rarely vegetables.

NOW MIND YOU MY PARENTS WERE COLLEGE EDUCATED!

For years everyone knew that vegetables are good for us mammals. ( I blend them into a gravy for our Golden Retriever today). Some believe vegetables may be part of a cure for cancer. Table scraps are not good for dogs as their stomachs can not easily digest the human spices. While on Social Security we buy our Golden Retriever, "Kronkite," Avoderm that costs us about $100 a month. It is grain free, (no filler). Avoderm/Nature's Balance/Merrick are available in many flavors. And, yes, dogs DO appreciate different flavors.

We also stretch our budget $41 a month for Kronkite's health care policy with Healthy Paws Insurance, (owned by a pet owner foundation). A basic surgery can cost up to $6,000! Kronkite is treated as we would any family member.

FLAVORS OF DOG FOOD AT $100 A MONTH ~ INSANE YOU THINK?

Today, Kronkite" gets a different meal TWICE day. (Different dog foods have different vitamins/minerals). The Toeppen's German Sheppard had the same old bland filler everyday of his life for 8 years. Any wonder Fritz died at age 8 when his life expectancy was 12 to 13 years? Fritz did not get the attention he deserved while big "Cap'n Don" built his airline career. I have often wondered how my parents could enjoy frequent vacations in Hawaii while our beloved Fritz was in a 4'X9' concrete kennel.
german-shepherd-dog-faces-20140928163225-5428381941a17.jpg

Our dogs trust, and rely upon us for their well-being.

I would hate ANYONE that killed my dog.

I haven't read the link. I saw enough in Coffee Shop to make me ill.

I would hate ANYONE that killed my dog.

I haven't read the link. I saw enough in Coffee Shop to make me ill.

We had a serial dog killer way way back in the mid 90's. Poisoned my ridgeback Ripley.

I took vengeance legally. I made it illegal to put any material in a park that could be considered toxic. Anti freeze. That's how he killed my girl. Son of a bitch. That's how he was poisoning them in the park. Luckily Toronto heeded my call for serious penalties. :) But others took matters into their own hands.

Bless their souls. I did not lose my ridgeback for nothing. Payback was a bitch.

This is a bizarre thread. The OP reads like lunacy.
Ruh roh. I made sense out of it.

:lol:

From what I gather, the "killing" was accidental due to feeding the dog processed dog food, and it sounds like the asshole holds resentment for something that could not have been anticipated. Having said that, we feed our dog real food. Every two weeks we make a big pot of chicken stew with veggies and rice, freeze half, put half in the fridge for the week. We stopped buying commercial made slop about two years ago and our dog has never been healthier.

Yep. I am assuming that it is supposed to be death by Purina and all dad's fault he did not feed his dog steaks and green beans every day. I have a 17 year old dog that has eaten KFC and people food every chance she has gotten in 17 years.

Yep. I am assuming that it is supposed to be death by Purina and all dad's fault he did not feed his dog steaks and green beans every day. I have a 17 year old dog that has eaten KFC and people food every chance she has gotten in 17 years.
Better off with KFC than Purina, by a long shot.

Ruh roh. I made sense out of it.

:lol:

From what I gather, the "killing" was accidental due to feeding the dog processed dog food, and it sounds like the asshole holds resentment for something that could not have been anticipated. Having said that, we feed our dog real food. Every two weeks we make a big pot of chicken stew with veggies and rice, freeze half, put half in the fridge for the week. We stopped buying commercial made slop about two years ago and our dog has never been healthier.

I've been blessedly owned by a number of beasties in my lifetime. My story is a long one and will not kill you with it. :) I only brought up my ridgeback when I didn't understand what the topic was about (Russian Prince today).

I knew the Hagens and I can attest that they have tried to their best ability to come up with an excellent dry. From what I have known ditto Old Roy.

But real is the deal if one can afford to do so. I threw two litters of most awesomeness catahoulas and I believe in a blend of live and dry. Gee that doesn't sound right.

:lol: Quality live food with back up of dry just in case the live runs out you have to have a back up.

My breeder days are done and I'm just bunked in with a black and tan girl Raven. I do combo. More live than dry whenever possible.

You would be stunned at the number of people who will look at you when you claim dogs never knew a can opener or purina dry before 1950.

:lol: I had to deal with my pups new owners vets. What a freaking trip. The vet thought I was nuts.

Pups. No worms. Perfect. I was right. Go natural. But blend so you can switch if you have to.

And even for a moment. A few years back when China pulled the melamine. I think Jimdandy's years were shortened. Used to give him a "treat" by giving him a coating of Pyewackets left over cat food.

Shit man. I still wonder to this day if that treat cost me my baby. For all I'd ever been thru.

I got seriously hard core after this.

You would be stunned at the number of people who will look at you when you claim dogs never knew a can opener or purina dry before 1950.

:lol: I had to deal with my pups new owners vets. What a freaking trip. The vet thought I was nuts.

Pups. No worms. Perfect. I was right. Go natural. But blend so you can switch if you have to.

My dogs usually get some meat--chuck steak, chicken, or ham/pork twice a day. The younger one won't eat dry dogfood and only eats wet sporadically but has a special addiction to cheese. With the old one, I put dry under wet under meat. If I don't do wet, she seems to have more irregular bowel movements. I throw in the dry (beneful usually) just so she will have something solid for her teeth. The vet said if you don't give dogs dry dogfood, their teeth loosen up and start to fall out. The older one usually eats some of the dry but not all of it, so the leftover gets catfood dumped on it and goes to the "feral" cats that hang about the property.

And even for a moment. A few years back when China pulled the melamine. I think Jimdandy's years were shortened. Used to give him a "treat" by giving him a coating of Pyewackets left over cat food.

Shit man. I still wonder to this day if that treat cost me my baby. For all I'd ever been thru.

I got seriously hard core after this.

All those recalls were a problem. I had some of the lot of Alpo that was recalled once after I had basically fed my dogs almost the entire case before the recall. I was sweating bullets over that for awhile. The reality is that if you buy wet dogfood and have a few dogs, cooking their food from scratch makes more sense economically too. At one point we had 7 dogs. Feeding them canned food twice a day was costing me a fortune. we are down to 3 now which is a little more tolerable.

Our German Shepperd died when I was a Freshman in High School at age 8 from cancer of the spleen. I was devastated. At my father's command, I fed Fritz Purina Dog Chow, (basically filler that he just excreted). I served him ONCE a day, (bad for digestion), and added two cans of dog food, (few nutrients), with some table scraps, but rarely vegetables.

If I understand this correctly
--

I don't see anything to indicate his dad killed his dog. It looks like he really doesn't know what killed the dog. He's mad about something else and choosing to believe his father killed the dog.

So, would it also be the dad's fault if the dog died of the Chinese crap that was killing US pets a while back?

Purina is crap but so is KFC.

I hate driving by a KFC and smelling that rancid grease. Don't they ever change it?

Its not good enough for me and its not good enough for my animals.

Karma gets Purina One Healthy Weight and is doing fine. Some dogs just have to be fed the right food for their bodies just like humans. Karma also gets chicken stew with rice and carrots now and then. She also gets to eat half my meals most of the time. With the Purina she lost the weight she needed to lose and I trust Purina.

Purina is crap but so is KFC.

I hate driving by a KFC and smelling that rancid grease. Don't they ever change it?

Its not good enough for me and its not good enough for my animals.

I don't typically eat any kind of chicken. They are vile creatures, but my doggies love chicken and KFC. I can't smell KFC when I drive by it, so it must be something local to yours.

Forum List

Back