Is it possible there's trouble ahead for the presumptive nominee?

Democracy Forward with VoteVets filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) seeking records detailing the extent to which senior VA officials coordinated with the Trump White House and outside groups to use VA Secretary David Shulkin’s travel scandal as an excuse to replace him because he opposes privatizing the VA health system.

The request follows reports of infighting and chaos at the Department. Leaked emails show that White House Senior Advisor on Veterans Affairs Jake Lenenkugel and the VA’s Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs John Ullyot plotted to use the recent controversy surrounding VA Secretary David Shulkin’s travel to replace him with a Secretary who supports privatization.

I think you folks have forgotten about the level of corruption.

They've already threated violence if he is taken off the ballot. I don't think there's any question the mob will strike again if he loses the general. Not in 1/6 fashion. But rather riots nationwide.
After all, I'm sure we can all understand the frustration with not having the opportunity to be lead once again by someone with the kind of superior judgement it takes to name M. Whitaker acting AG. That was a brilliant choice.

Trump A.G.’s Toilet-Scamming Days Come Back to Haunt Him

That would be unfortunate for them.

Difficult to imagine a more dismal prospect than having Trump and Biden being the duopoly's presentations. Seeing as Americans are incapable of thinking outside the "two-party" box, we appear to be doomed to either peste or cholera.
They gave us dismal choices in 2016. They are doing it, again.

Yes
They form the Democrat Party.
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke will step down by the end of this year, President Donald Trump announced Saturday, making him the latest Trump administration Cabinet official forced to resign amid scandal.

The resignation comes after reports that the Justice Department is considering whether to pursue a criminal investigation against the former Montana congressman and Navy SEAL, who is facing several probes into whether he has used his office for personal gain. His impending exit will make him the most recent in line of Trump administration officials to leave under a cloud of ethical scandals, including former EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt and former HHS Secretary Tom Price.

"Seems like a pretty easy choice to me."

I agree

3rd party.
I did that in 2016. Third party nominee will not win. I do not know which of the two party candidates a third party nominee would give the election to. It may depend on which of the two parties, the candidate comes from.

Nope. Trump's base isn't "extremists". His base are people who only want more tax cuts.
Many just want more tax cuts, but many are indeed extremists that no longer support constitutional rule, preferring top down authoritarian rule, Trump offers. They are short term thinkers.

Many just want more tax cuts, but many are indeed extremists that no longer support constitutional rule, preferring top down authoritarian rule, Trump offers. They are short term thinkers.

That is absolutely false.
That's only in your head.

Donald Trump has a problem no matter what happens in New Hampshire on Tuesday night: There’s a whole swath of the Republican electorate and a good chunk of independents who appear firmly committed to not voting for him in November if he becomes the nominee.

It’s an issue that became starkly apparent in polling ahead of the Iowa caucuses, when an NBC News/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll of voters in that state found that fully 43 percent of Nikki Haley supporters said they would back President Joe Biden over Trump. And it’s a dynamic that has been on vivid display as the campaign shifted this week to New Hampshire.

“I can’t vote for Trump. He’s a crook. He’s too corrupt,” said Scott Simeone, 64, an independent voter from Amherst, who backed Trump in 2016 and 2020. “I voted for him, and I didn’t realize he’s as corrupt as he is.”

An informed electorate is not Don's friend. Not considering his moral bankruptcy, incompetence, and indefensible acts like making Matthew Whitaker acting AG. What kind of moron does that?

yet the progs are not playing to a majority either. 2024 could be low turnout and just as divisive as 2000, but for exactly different reasons.

GOod German

Nobody is coming to the rescue. Either we the people fix things or the country fails.

( I always giggle when left wing lunatics use "we the people")

You don't want things fixed.
Your Party doesn't want things fixed.
Your Cult certainly doesn't want things fixed.

I know this because President Trump was well on his way to repairing a lot of damage caused by previous governments and was thwarted at every turn.
Thwarted by people such as you.
Thwarted by The Democrat Party.
Thwarted by members of his own party who benefit from things not being fixed.
Thwarted by The Democrat Media Bubble Cult.

Spot on. They've already forgotten about the affect of the deficit inducing tax cuts from last time around.

If Biden is the nominee in November for the actual election, I will be shocked.

He likely bails in March. Insert Gavin or Big Mike.

I want to see a Vivek/Kamala debate. He will destroy that bitch.

Wrong perspective. Your "extremists" are what we call "church goers".
That extremist bullshit applies more to democrat groups like antifa.

We don't want a "dictator. That is a democrat lie. We want someone like Desantis in FL.

Someone to stop the democrat's "agenda":
From their MSM propaganda networks and hi-tech oligarchs
to the FBI orchestrating cover ups and fake Russian disinformation claims
to their university leftist programming centers
to their CRT propaganda teachings in schools
to their "deep state" hold on the government
to their creeping attacks on family values & religious beliefs
to their lawless prosecutors
to their drug culture
to their "great replacement" operation
to their grip on school boards, calling parents “domestic terrorists”
to their tranny bullshit getting little kids butchered