Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

USMB should start a new Forum called the "I Hate America" forum.

This is bullshit

Improving what is broken is a sign of love buddy.

What I hate, as a Canadian, is having my respect and even perhaps love for the Americans I have known, being forced to be deteriorated by what may well be an immoral fool by the name of Trump.

Regards
DL
Destroying it and calling it broken and demanding love, without respect is immoral.

As a Canadian....

Fuck you asshole.

We don't want your respect.

"income equality":

From the tone of your post, you had that in mind and I assure you that that is false.

I do favor equal opportunity but, like you, would be totally against equality of outcome. I am talking fairness in taxation. Not turning the tax system into a demographic pyramid destabilizing system.

Don't forget that we are talking loose change at the top.

Regards
DL

Haha...Another not so clever spin and repackage job.
Just spit it out bud..you want America’s Best to pay your way....Right?

On immigration.
Mirror the U.S. policies to Canada's well working system with a bit of your added blocks to the chosen few. That and follow the French on religious laws.

Oh HELL no.. Canada is not as screwed up as we are on immigration law.. BUT they don't have a flood of 100,000 refugees a month waltzing across their border illegally and another 100,000 claiming amnesty because they were told they'd be released pending trials that never happen..

And FRANCE on religious laws? You're daft. Restricting crosses, scarves, other religious symbols from the public and work spaces??? It's intolerance. FORCED intolerance never works... Europe in general has no good plan on assimilation..

Look at the graph my friend and tell me if it looks like the poor are the thieves or if it looks like the rich are.

This is just damaged thinking.. What has Bill Gates or the CEO of Glaxo-SmithCline STOLEN from anyone? Name a rich person who has "mugged you"... They are rich because they TOOK major RISK to provide goods and services to millions of people... You want a piece of their action??? TAKE THEIR RISKS..

Go pay $7.95 for a stock trade and BECOME an "owner"... That's what rational people do that BELIEVE enough in a program or product to invest real cash OR most of the time you have in life to a company....
Profit is theft.

Damn.. Guess those dividend checks I get from companies are gonna have to go into BitCoin or something...

Wealth is created by human effort. Once created, it can be exchanged, kept, given, destroyed, augmented, etc. Wealth is the product of thought and work, "labor" (which should not be a dirty word).
Money, by itself, especially computer figures in a virtual cloud somewhere, is not 'wealth'; it is merely a way to exert power.

And do remember that this is a moral question. Don't be shy.
When you're a proponent of looting one group of people in order to feather the nests of other people, you're as far removed from morality as you can get.

Covetousness is a sin, not a virtue.

Good moral thinking.

We agree that the rich are immoral in their thinking and unethical in their actions.

Regards
DL
Way to twist my words into exactly the opposite of what I said.

You're a Randian antagonist come to life.....Not to mention a fucking bigot to boot.

Learn to express yourself better in that case.

Your last attempt just shows your frustration with your low I.Q.

Regards
DL

Goof.

Trump did his last gift to the rich with taxes, not with theft. Right?

Then again, he did help to impose more poverty, and if that is immoral to you, you might say that Trump is a thief, as he stole from the poor to give to the rich.

Regards
DL
Allowing people to keep what is theirs in the first place isn't a "gift" goof....To do so presumes that all of everyone's accumulated wealth belongs first to The State....That is the core tenet of Marxism.

You sitting in judgement of what allegedly constitutes "morality" is as absurd as it gets.

What is absurd, and quite immoral, is your moral sense.

Allowing what is basically stolen so as to impose poverty is quite immoral and that is your vile position.

Regards
DL

This is bullshit

What I hate, as a Canadian, is having my respect and even perhaps love for the Americans I have known, being forced to be deteriorated by what may well be an immoral fool by the name of Trump.

Regards
DL
Canada has her own problems. You should focus on fixing them, not ours.

Wealth is earned, not distributed.

Not inherited wealth, which is the bulk of the wealth in question.

I have a couple of good links should you not be able to verify that on your own.

Regards
DL

that wealth was still earned,,,

At the cost of markets and labor. In other words, at the cost of taxpayers.

Regards
DL
to the benefit of market and labor,,,if not for the rich none of it would exist in abundance,,,

in a true free market the tax payer is separate,,, taxs are for the purpose of paying the countries bills nothing else,,

We owe the rich quite a bit. I agree.

Without their philanthropy we would live under much worse conditions. Much of what they do is laudable. They have paid for the parties.

They are just forgetting their duty to society at the moment and need a reminder of their social responsibility and duty to the rest of the demography.

Regards
DL
Which begs the question...how much of what other people earned is your "fair share"?

Regards
DL

“Immoral fool”
For working diligently for America’s Best?

Yes. Now residing in cages. Soon to be in residential schools near a town near you.

Oh happy days, sing with me now, Oh happy daaaaays

Regards
DL

How would your “moral” president protect the interests of taxpayers, the citizenry and keep America from being overrun by the worlds filth?

Give a moral look to the socio economic demographic pyramid with a fair tax law and reap those vast rewards.

On immigration.
Mirror the U.S. policies to Canada's well working system with a bit of your added blocks to the chosen few. That and follow the French on religious laws.

Trump was elected for security and fairness to the little guy. That is the way to do his job.

Regards
DL

That all sounds like mumbo-jumbo...can you clarify using real language?

Certainly, if I knew what you were talking about.

You do know what a socio economic demographic pyramid id. Right?

Start there. Now what don't you understand?

Regards
DL

Taxation determines what poverty levels will exist within it’s demographic form. It controls the graph shown below. Governments control taxation and thus control poverty levels directly.

You're so far from solving ANYTHING with this approach.. Redistribution of money NEVER fixes the underlying problems of poverty... Having a FUNCTIONAL govt at city/state/fed levels that PRIORITIZES it's duties does..

It's education, health care, crime, addiction, and mental disorders that affect poverty... Making folks "comfortable" in poverty is NOT humane.. Getting them functional and making better decisions does....

Exactly. That takes a redistribution of resources, which is what I am all in for.

That redistribution fixes the problems so you might look at your conclusion of the opposite being good.

Regards
DL

Still, those underlying causes are NOT all cured by money and taxes... Trust me, if you've volunteered to actually ATTACK these problems -- you realize what is needed is ONE ON ONE triage and counseling.. There is no "program" to sort out each of the cases.. No check is gonna fix it....

It's closer to the "thousand points of light" approach where communities at a LOCAL level start sorting the cases. Govt is too slow and too scripted.. And your current govt at MOST levels is preoccupied with political death matches to WORK on education or mental illness or addiction.. You can't the US Congress to focus on ANYTHING right now other than political warfare and trolling each other...

Why in the HELL would you want MORE of that? And FUND them more? They are inept, arrogant, useless and in the damn way....

Mostly, yes.

Your wish list of one on one will not happen without funding and getting that funding is what the O.P. is all about.

There is a lot of resistance to doing the right thing, even though the real costs are loose change to the rich.

Regards
DL

Taxation determines what poverty levels will exist within it’s demographic form. It controls the graph shown below. Governments control taxation and thus control poverty levels directly.

Imagine if you will, the real truth of that taxation, if used correctly, to move the wealth shown in this graph wherever it wants to, with minimal effect on the whole. The fact is, experts say that such a reality would be a win win for everyone.

https://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact-2

Not how little of a change would be needed to reach the ideal.

Wise and moral people throughout history, as well as most religious movements, put poverty as the number one enemy to man’s first priority, which is security.

For perhaps the first time in history, we have the wealth where we could end poverty quite easily, --- just with our collective loose change.

It would seem to me that governments are not acting ethically and should be chastised.

I guess that George Carlin, a wise person, was correct in what he said of what Americans cannot feel in their anal orifices. I apply the same condition to the vast majority of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY

If true that we are being willfully ignorant, and do not even care about each other to insure we live in a moral environment, then our owners have succeeded in cowering man’s moral nature to a state of subservience. We have given up our freedom. If we ever had any.

We have all accepted to be slaves. Shame on us all.

We do not live in a Democracy. We live in a Hypocrisy.

We can easily rid ourselves of poverty.

Should we?

Morality says yes.

Will we do the right thing?

Not till hell freezes over.

Regards

DL

Who are our owners? Did you know that in liberal land LA, they have 12 million rats? But, they just let the garbage pile up. Owners?

It is good that you recognize that you are owned.

Regards
DL

Imagine if you will, the real truth of that taxation, if used correctly, to move the wealth shown in this graph wherever it wants to, with minimal effect on the whole. The fact is, experts say that such a reality would be a win win for everyone.

https://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact-2

Wise and moral people throughout history, as well as most religious movements, put poverty as the number one enemy to man’s first priority, which is security.

For perhaps the first time in history, we have the wealth where we could end poverty quite easily, --- just with our collective loose change.

It would seem to me that governments are not acting ethically and should be chastised.

I guess that George Carlin, a wise person, was correct in what he said of what Americans cannot feel in their anal orifices. I apply the same condition to the vast majority of the world.

If true that we are being willfully ignorant, and do not even care about each other to insure we live in a moral environment, then our owners have succeeded in cowering man’s moral nature to a state of subservience. We have given up our freedom. If we ever had any.

Should we?

Morality says yes.

Regards

DL

speak for yourself,,,

its not government doing it, its democrats and republicans,,,

and I have resisted for my whole life and will die resisting them,,,

well, Democrats and Republicans arent the Government-

who knew ?

:spinner:
Who makes it up then?

Look at the graph my friend and tell me if it looks like the poor are the thieves or if it looks like the rich are.

This is just damaged thinking.. What has Bill Gates or the CEO of Glaxo-SmithCline STOLEN from anyone? Name a rich person who has "mugged you"... They are rich because they TOOK major RISK to provide goods and services to millions of people... You want a piece of their action??? TAKE THEIR RISKS..

Go pay $7.95 for a stock trade and BECOME an "owner"... That's what rational people do that BELIEVE enough in a program or product to invest real cash OR most of the time you have in life to a company....

Verbal garbage that you gave to cover the fact that you did not want to answer my little moral question. Answer that first and we can continue.

Regards
DL

Exactly. That takes a redistribution of resources, which is what I am all in for.

That redistribution fixes the problems so you might look at your conclusion of the opposite being good.

Regards
DL
so you want to steal from one person at the point of a gun and give it to someone it doesnt belong to,,,

wouldnt that make you a thief???

Do I?

Quote where I said that please.

I think I would answer yes but see your wording as you lying by inference.

Regards
DL
you just dont realize redistribution first requires theft do you???

Goof.

Trump did his last gift to the rich with taxes, not with theft. Right?

Then again, he did help to impose more poverty, and if that is immoral to you, you might say that Trump is a thief, as he stole from the poor to give to the rich.

Regards
DL

You really have a very limited view of the evils of govt/corporate collusion... The major "gift" to big corporations is NOT in the tax bracket adjustments.. Maybe you're not aware that MANY HUGE companies pay NO taxes, NOT BECAUSE They are cheating and stealing. But because CONGRESS has given them enough "special case" tax credits to make them IMMUNE to any changes in the tax brackets..

Are you aware of this?? The major "theft" each year in giving GE enough "energy star and green" credits so that they won't have to pay taxes for years to come.. Congress never reviews these, never manages them... And in many cases, this practice KILLS competition and BETTER ideas...

NEITHER current "brand name" is ever gonna fix this.. It's gonna get worse. UNLESS Americans stop REWARDING the 2 party larceny and start voting for Independents and 3rd parties...

And the Trump cuts were NOT targeted to "the rich"... Let me see how much YOU know about US tax tables.

What percentage of working filers in the US even PAY any Federal Income tax???? Need an answer...

And how do you give TAX BREAKS to anyone that does NOT pay a cent in taxes????

Sure the abuses the taxpayer is subjected to are greater than what I put.

I did not want to make a TLDR post and chose one of the greatest and most immoral issue that came to mind.

I spoke to the long dick poking us all while you added a lot of width to it.

Regards
DL

Should we?

Morality says yes.

Regards

DL
What's this We shit?

How are you fighting for your freedom?

Regards.
DL

On immigration.

Oh HELL no.. Canada is not as screwed up as we are on immigration law.. BUT they don't have a flood of 100,000 refugees a month waltzing across their border illegally and another 100,000 claiming amnesty because they were told they'd be released pending trials that never happen..

And FRANCE on religious laws? You're daft. Restricting crosses, scarves, other religious symbols from the public and work spaces??? It's intolerance. FORCED intolerance never works... Europe in general has no good plan on assimilation..

Note how the world has been calling for Islam to reform and modernize.

Note as well where Islam has finally started to do so. In France, which now boasts the only female imam run mosque that embraces gays and unveiled women.

I should need say no more. Secularism, French style, will rule the world. Get used to it.

Regards
DL

Wealth is created by human effort. Once created, it can be exchanged, kept, given, destroyed, augmented, etc. Wealth is the product of thought and work, "labor" (which should not be a dirty word).
Money, by itself, especially computer figures in a virtual cloud somewhere, is not 'wealth'; it is merely a way to exert power.

Yes. At the end of the day, against the poor.

Regards
DL

This is bullshit

Regards
DL
Canada has her own problems. You should focus on fixing them, not ours.

You are our greatest problem. You are holding us and the rest of the free world back. You are supposed to lead but cannot even follow property and morally.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back