Is it liberal permissiveness? sex ed doesn't work? HIV rates

Republicans try to keep condoms from people. They push "abstinence only" which just doesn't work. It only takes one mistake. The Republican (let him die) Party feels the punishment is appropriate.

What does this have to do with HIV rates increasing? Are republicans to blame for the increases in HIV and anal cancer? Now add in that condoms don't prevent HPV, and thus anal cancer....

And how are republicans trying to keep condoms from people? Do you need to lie to have an argument? Now how about you discuss the topic instead of trying to change it?

Why are HIV rates increasing?
Condoms don't prevent HPV? Do you have a source for that?
Also, cons are against the HPV vaccine being given to girls.
You left out "without their parents' permission".

I do a better job than the State raising my children. Can you comprehend that?

What does this have to do with HIV rates increasing? Are republicans to blame for the increases in HIV and anal cancer? Now add in that condoms don't prevent HPV, and thus anal cancer....

And how are republicans trying to keep condoms from people? Do you need to lie to have an argument? Now how about you discuss the topic instead of trying to change it?

What parent wouldn't want their child protected?

With alarming HIV numbers, doctors debate mandatory testing - WTOP.com

Anyone care to explain the findings here?

And why is it okay to persecute smokers to reduce their unhealthy behaviors but not other groups like men and women who engage in anal sex? I thought you persecute smokers for their own good?

PS: And the advice about using a condom, while that's great and will reduce HIV if people coudl be bothered to be responsible, it still won't do anything for HPV and the anal cancer it causes.

You’ve thus far provided no evidence of that.

We know as a conservative you’d like to criminalize homosexuality, or other forms of ‘perverted’ sex, but fortunately that would be un-Constitutional.
giant-paintbrush.jpg

And why is it okay to persecute smokers to reduce their unhealthy behaviors but not other groups like men and women who engage in anal sex? I thought you persecute smokers for their own good?

PS: And the advice about using a condom, while that's great and will reduce HIV if people coudl be bothered to be responsible, it still won't do anything for HPV and the anal cancer it causes.

Sex Ed. has been attacked by the social conservatives as well as the use of contraceptions which have demonstrated disease prevention when properly used. They also prevent abortions. Only really really stupid people believe Sex Ed. is a problem.

You’ve thus far provided no evidence of that.

We know as a conservative you’d like to criminalize homosexuality, or other forms of ‘perverted’ sex, but fortunately that would be un-Constitutional.

You presume way too much.

Funny how you have no problem persecuting smokers, but if someone passed a law requiring homosexuals to use condoms, you'd throw a fit, call it bigotry, etc...

Is it liberal permissiveness? sex ed doesn't work? HIV rates

I’d rather ‘liberal permissiveness’ than conservative authoritarianism any day.

So you think it's permissive when liberals ban smoking everywhere, ban incandescent lightbulbs, tell you what you can eat, what you can drink, what toilet you can use, what temperature to set your thermostat to. You do realize the entire nanny state thing you see today is stuff liberals ban beacuse they don't approve of?

So you think so long as women get abortion as birth control and gays get anal sex, the other 99% of people's lives is completely subject to government control, and that's being persmissive?

You liberals are complete control freaks, who want to control every aspect of life, to make people as dependent as possible on government so long as you get ass sex and abortion.

Maybe some parents hope to not raise promiscuous children who don't want mercury and aluminum injected into their children? Why do you have a problem with parents making choices for their children?

Maybe some parents hope to not raise promiscuous children who don't want mercury and aluminum injected into their children? Why do you have a problem with parents making choices for their children?
Do you have any link to show that condoms don't prevent HPV?

Do you have any link to show that condoms don't prevent HPV?

Condoms not effective against HPV or herpes - SFGate

In addition, some people use other body parts to penetrate that can also have HPV. There's no condom there either.

Also throat cancer rates are increasing due to HPV and oral sex.

Beats me. But that's not your decision to make for them, is it? Especially without asking their permission first.

Fascinating. RWers fight tooth and nail against sex education including the content of what is allowed in the so-called sex education in schools yet have the hubris to complain about the results.

Fascinating. RWers fight tooth and nail against sex education including the content of what is allowed in the so-called sex education in schools yet have the hubris to complain about the results.

Why is it that teen pregnancy rates are so much higher now than say the 1940s then?

Education does not put a condom on an erect penis. No matter how many kids are tested on how well they can put a condom on a banana it has not served to reduce the STD transmission rate. 1 in 5 of gay men in West Hollywood are HIV positive. That's adults. Are they uneduated about condom use? All bars are required to distribute condoms free of charge. Is the cost prohibitive?

What's lacking isn't education, nor is it funding. It's interest. The way to combat the spread of disease is to stop addressing the issue and let the people who have it, will get it, or want it die off.

Why is it that teen pregnancy rates are so much higher now than say the 1940s then?
U.S. teen birth rate higher than Western Europe's - SFGate

The rate of teen births in the United States is at its lowest level in almost 70 years. Yet, the sobering context is that the teen pregnancy rate is far lower in many other countries.
The most convincing explanation is that contraceptive use is much higher among teens in most Western European countries.

Read more: U.S. teen birth rate higher than Western Europe's - SFGate

Implicit in your question is you know the answer. I suspect you see only one cause for the effect (if in fact what you allege is true) so state it. Oh, and evidence that what you allege is true.

Since the fertile generation in 1940 was born prior to the Atomic Bomb one might posit that the existential fact that we could all disappear in the blink of an eye may be a cause for future generations to live less cautiously.

U.S. teen birth rate higher than Western Europe's - SFGate

The rate of teen births in the United States is at its lowest level in almost 70 years. Yet, the sobering context is that the teen pregnancy rate is far lower in many other countries.
The most convincing explanation is that contraceptive use is much higher among teens in most Western European countries.

Read more: U.S. teen birth rate higher than Western Europe's - SFGate

Notice they use birth rate and not pregnancy rate. Gee, wonder why.

BECAUSE OF ABORTION.

Do you think the abortion rate was as high 70 years ago? Yet the birth rate is the same?

There was no sex in the media in the 40's or the 50's There was no sex education in the 40's and 50's oh...and there was no contraceptives except condoms in the 44's and 50's ...there was a lot less sex in those decades.

Republicans try to keep condoms from people. They push "abstinence only" which just doesn't work. It only takes one mistake. The Republican (let him die) Party feels the punishment is appropriate.

Senate Blocks Blunt’s Repeal of Contraception Mandate - ABC News

The Republican Party Has Been Opposed to Condom Use for Years: Remember McCain in 2008?

Forum List

Back