Permissive Sex Ed Linked to Higher Teen-Pregnancy, Abortion Rates

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"Contrary to conventional wisdom, during the two decades prior to creation of federal abstinence-education funding, the birthrate of girls under age 18 did not decline. Indeed, during the safe-sex, condom mania of the 1980s, teen birthrates increased. However, after the advent of federal abstinence programs in the mid-1990s, the birthrate of girls under 18 began an unprecedented, long-term decline. The birthrate of girls ages 15 to 17 dropped by a third: from 3.5 births per 100 girls to 2.1.
Although it would be inaccurate to attribute all of this decline to abstinence education, it’s quite odd to suggest that the push to teach abstinence somehow increased teen births. (Incidentally, over a dozen scientific evaluations show that abstinence programs reduce teen sexual activity.)"

"Contrary to the breathless claims of Planned Parenthood, there is no evidence that states with liberal sex-ed policies have lower teen-pregnancy rates. In fact, the evidence suggests that, after adjusting for important racial differences among states, those with liberal sex-ed policies actually have higher rates of pregnancy for girls under 18.
Sex-ed programs promoted by Planned Parenthood and its allies in the Obama administration teach that it is okay for teens to have sex as long as they use a condom. Virtually no parents support this idea. Even teens tend to disagree with it. But Planned Parenthood’s message to teens is brutally simple: Hook up, have sex, but use that condom; if it doesn’t work out, we’ll fix things with a taxpayer-funded abortion."

Permissive Sex Ed Linked to Higher Teen-Pregnancy, Abortion Rates - By Robert Rector & Rachel Sheffield - The Corner - National Review Online

"A 2010 study in the medical journal Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, published by the American Medical Association, concludes that an "abstinence-only intervention reduced sexual initiation" as well as recent sexual activity among a group of African-American adolescents.[16] Two years after attending an eight-hour abstinence program, about one-third of the participants had initiated sexual activity, compared to nearly one-half of the non-participants who enrolled in a general health program. That is, the abstinence program reduced the rate of sexual initiation by one-third. Moreover, abstinence program participants who became sexually active were not less likely to use contraception.
By contrast, the study also evaluated two alternative interventions, one that only taught contraception (i.e., the "safe sex" approach) and another that contained both abstinence and contraception content (i.e., comprehensive sex education), and found that neither program delayed or reduced teen sexual activity.[17] Furthermore, these programs, whose main emphasis is on contraception, failed to increase use among adolescents."

Evidence on the Effectiveness of Abstinence Education: An Update

Planned Parenthood Abortion has not reduced illegitimate birth rates. It increased them.

Crime-Abortion_Illegitimacy_Rate.jpg

An organization called Thrive St. Louis sets up a motor-home on the street next to planned parenthood centers around Missouri. They offer FREE ultrasounds, testing & counseling. Once the pregnant mother sees her unborn baby in full color high resolution ultrasound auditioning for their life, they change their mind on abortion. They have put every planned parenthood but one out of business in the state, no protesting necessary. This is an idea worth spreading.

November 7, 1991, basketball legend Earvin "Magic" Johnson stuns the world by announcing he tested positive for HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. Within 2 months the number of people getting tested for aids was up 50%. Illegitimate birth rates dropped within 9 months. Heroin & other injected drug use that had been soaring since 1960 slowed their accent.

The country sobered up a bit & quit sharing IV drug needles. People quit having as many orgies, as much sex with strangers & not without protection. Maybe even settled down & married. This must have reduce the financial stress of illegitimate births & drug use, thus lowered the crime rate. Two parent structure households create the best well adjusted children. Single parent & divorced households & unwanted children create criminals.

effectswelfarereformchart3.ashx

518px-Violent_Crime_Rates_in_the_United_States.svg.png

100% of unintended births are due to a failure of abstinence education

I see all the trolls haven't been eradicated. Yet.

Abstinence education is an unquestioned failure

Every abortion is a failure of Abstinence education

Planned Parenthood Abortion has not reduced illegitimate birth rates. It increased them.

Crime-Abortion_Illegitimacy_Rate.jpg

Your graph shows an increase in illegitimate pregnancies already starting before Roe v Wade and continuing to increase at roughly the same rate following Roe v Wade, so how do you come to the conclusion that Planned Parenthood is to blame for this?

"A 2010 study in the medical journal Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, published by the American Medical Association, concludes that an "abstinence-only intervention reduced sexual initiation" as well as recent sexual activity among a group of African-American adolescents.[16] Two years after attending an eight-hour abstinence program, about one-third of the participants had initiated sexual activity, compared to nearly one-half of the non-participants who enrolled in a general health program. That is, the abstinence program reduced the rate of sexual initiation by one-third. Moreover, abstinence program participants who became sexually active were not less likely to use contraception.
By contrast, the study also evaluated two alternative interventions, one that only taught contraception (i.e., the "safe sex" approach) and another that contained both abstinence and contraception content (i.e., comprehensive sex education), and found that neither program delayed or reduced teen sexual activity.[17] Furthermore, these programs, whose main emphasis is on contraception, failed to increase use among adolescents."

Evidence on the Effectiveness of Abstinence Education: An Update

Abstinance only did not work on white girls?
Just on one select group of black girls?

Sounds like a cherry picking bit of crap to me :)
No pun intended.

Last edited:
100% of abortions isn't a failure of abstinance education but a failure of abstinance practice. But what do you expect? In a popular commercial on network television there is an attractive young lady who wants to get laid so bad she wants to fuck a pig.. That's the kind of people we are today.

The best thing to happen to those who want indulgent sexuality is epidemic disease.

100% of abortions isn't a failure of abstinance education but a failure of abstinance practice. But what do you expect? In a popular commercial on network television there is an attractive young lady who wants to get laid so bad she wants to fuck a pig.. That's the kind of people we are today.

The best thing to happen to those who want indulgent sexuality is epidemic disease.

Abstinence education does not appear to be working if women are still getting pregnant.

Abstinence education does not appear to be working if women are still getting pregnant.
Not because they aren't educated. They can be educated at a genius level. If the still fuck around it's not because they don't know. It's because they don't care. If unwanted pregnancy was such a universal concern no one would be interested in education but in preventing std treatment. After all are people uneducated in std transmission? Education has been a total failure. Stop it. It obviously hasn't worked. Stopping all treatment on the other hand would work very well.

So you don't have it. Got it.

Are you really that stupid?

reread that post. It mentions how in ONE group of Blacks their pregnancy rate was lower after getting 8 hours of abstinance only training. vs another group opf black girls who got only standard reproductive health training.
It did not mention any reductions of pregnancies in whites due to the abstinance only training.

Be stupid if you want. I choose not to be.

My reply to that post was accurate.

You chose not to submit the quote. I'm not digging through even my own post to support your idiocy.

If you can't bring it to the fore, it doesn't exist, as far as I'm concerned. You and I both know your statement is a logical fallacy. Which is why you are playing such a juvenile game.

Let's ask this question; how many men admit that they hate condoms and will not and don't use them?

Not because they aren't educated. They can be educated at a genius level. If the still fuck around it's not because they don't know. It's because they don't care. If unwanted pregnancy was such a universal concern no one would be interested in education but in preventing std treatment. After all are people uneducated in std transmission? Education has been a total failure. Stop it. It obviously hasn't worked. Stopping all treatment on the other hand would work very well.

I guess you are right here......it seems that people like to fuck and they like to fuck a lot

So abstinence only education is worthless without sex education and the availability of birth control

I think it was also forced upon them. Coming from a group that has historically struggled and was just starting to be established as equal, they have suffered even more than the white community because they didn't have a strong cultural foundation to begin with. Indians likewise have suffered.

Forum List

Back