Is it appropriate for a man and woman to be platonic friends with each other? Mike Pence said he won’t go to dinner with a woman who is not his wife.

Because we all have seen how lives and careers can be destroyed by false accusations.
wrong, we have seen lives and careers destroyed when people think they can get away with harrassment--sexual or otherwise.

Pence does not prevent accusations by his foolish "no dinner" policy. Some woman could still accuse him of harrassing her in some closet etc. Would such an accusation make him guilty?

wrong, we have seen lives and careers destroyed when people think they can get away with harrassment--sexual or otherwise.

Pence does not prevent accusations by his foolish "no dinner" policy. Some woman could still accuse him of harrassing her in some closet etc. Would such an accusation make him guilty?
Not foolish at all, because they would have far less credibility. Case in point, many people believed, and still believe, the women who accused Bubba Clinton of sexual assault and molestation, because he has a reputation that makes it believable and because he spent a lot of time alone with women, chasing them, etc. Pence, OTOH, does not have such a reputation. Should some woman come out and thus accuse him, he could simply deny it and most people would believe him, because there would be far fewer times she could claim he was alone with her.

Generally speaking, I agree.
There are exceptions... years ago a sales person for a vendor we used for years... you develop friendships with them over time. Her and I went to lunch several times. That is completely okay.
Dinner... is different. Which is why usually people will bring their spouse(s) along even for business related dinner meals.

any accusation requires some form or proof. Pence is taking it to a ridiculous extreme.
Not when it comes to reputation, there is always a lingering doubt. What's great is he isn't asking anyone else to do it, so people should just mind their own darn business

I agree with Mike Pence on that I disagree with him on a lot of things. I agree with him on that and the fact that he wants to hold the BLM rioters accountable

This is a new thing that we never saw in American history. I’m not talking about coworkers or relatives by the way folks I’m not talking about your female coworker something like that. No for example I’m talking about say a man and a woman go out on a date with each other, and the woman or man says oh, I’m not romantically interested but let’s remain friends. I think that’s bad for society. It doesn’t make any sense. It’s something that Democrats are pushing and it’s weakening society.
Maybe Pence lacks self control.

I have 3 male friends at this time and it is strictly friendship and never anything more. Some women might not be able to be buddies with men, and mix alcohol and things have happened.

images.jpg

Maybe Pence lacks self control.
If so, he's smart enough to recognize it and put things in place to prevent himself from getting into trouble. I wish a whole lot MORE politicians would be so self-aware. And let's face reality, if the worst you can say about him is that he refuses to put himself in these situations, there's nothing negative to say about him.

Last edited:
If so, he's smart enough to recognize it and put things in place to prevent himself from getting into trouble. I wish a whole lot MORE politicians would be so self-aware. And let's face reality, if the worst you can say about him is that he refuses to put himself in these situations, there's nothing negative to say about him.
If he can’t trust himself why should anyone else trust him?

If he can’t trust himself why should anyone else trust him?
Because, assuming that's what's going on here and he's not just being smart by not allowing someone to set him up, he's self-aware and is taking steps to prevent problems. I don't see liberal politicians doing that.

Forum List

Back