Is it a good idea to test welfare recipients for drugs?

IronFist

May 26, 2015
I think it is indeed. Why should I pay my taxes and see those lazy bums getting their welfare just to buy crack or pot? I think it's unfair. All welfare recipients have to be tested for drugs every time they get their welfare checks. Maybe it will teach them how to work. Or I have an another idea, everyone should get welfare checks no matter if a person works or not. It will make America even more communist.

I think it is indeed. Why should I pay my taxes and see those lazy bums getting their welfare just to buy crack or pot? I think it's unfair. All welfare recipients have to be tested for drugs every time they get their welfare checks. Maybe it will teach them how to work. Or I have an another idea, everyone should get welfare checks no matter if a person works or not. It will make America even more communist.
Only " IF " we test ALL government employees, including members of Congress, the president, city and state employees, members of law enforcement, government contractors, and anyone that receives their income from taxpayers. Why single out those less fortunate, the poor, the disabled, the elderly, the children, the handicapped, the mentally challenged, and our Vets? Why should we not test every single person getting taxpayer funds? Would that not be fair?

Why do some people think that only our poor and less fortunate receive taxpayer money? Do we pay members of Congress, and pay them even though they don't work? Do we pay social workers that do a poor job of making sure children aren't abused? Do we pay government employees to sit at a desk all day drinking coffee and playing game on the internet?

Only " IF " we test ALL government employees, including members of Congress, the president, city and state employees, members of law enforcement, government contractors, and anyone that receives their income from taxpayers. Why single out those less fortunate, the poor, the disabled, the elderly, the children, the handicapped, the mentally challenged, and our Vets? Why should we not test every single person getting taxpayer funds? Would that not be fair?

Why do some people think that only our poor and less fortunate receive taxpayer money? Do we pay members of Congress, and pay them even though they don't work? Do we pay social workers that do a poor job of making sure children aren't abused? Do we pay government employees to sit at a desk all day drinking coffee and playing game on the internet?

When someone is getting wages, our ability to reach into their personal lives is somewhat reduced. When someone is getting welfare, they do nothing. They are paid to sit on their ass. One man that I was trying to persuade to work for me (When sober he did an admirable job) refused because he was paid by the state for being an alcoholic. If he did not continue to drink, he would not get paid.

Of all entitlement programs, only welfare demands nothing now, past or in the future. Test them if only to make sure they are employable.

What your stereotypical responses fail to acknowledge is that most welfare is collected by the working poor and mostly in Red States. Get those Right Wing morons that govern them to force wages up, increase union membership and the welfare roles will disappear

I tell my 85 year old Ma in law what a fucking bum she is....or you could, big bad azz...

When someone is getting wages, our ability to reach into their personal lives is somewhat reduced. When someone is getting welfare, they do nothing. They are paid to sit on their ass. One man that I was trying to persuade to work for me (When sober he did an admirable job) refused because he was paid by the state for being an alcoholic. If he did not continue to drink, he would not get paid.

Of all entitlement programs, only welfare demands nothing now, past or in the future. Test them if only to make sure they are employable.
So you think that families on food stamps sit on their asses and do nothing, you're as fucking stoopid as the OP...

What your stereotypical responses fail to acknowledge is that most welfare is collected by the working poor and mostly in Red States. Get those Right Wing morons that govern them to force wages up, increase union membership and the welfare roles will disappear

oh wow. like we haven't heard that before. yeah man, get them rightwing morons....that had nothing to do with the question asked. so I see you as the moron. you just joined to show us that?

Which ones? Test the elderly, the children, the handicapped, the disabled, the Vets, the mentally challenged, and those that are unable to support themselves? And, if someone fails the drug test, what do we do with them then? Do we allow them to starve, become homeless, and become even a bigger burden on society? If one or more parent fails a drug test, what do we do about feeding their children? If a Vet fails a drug test, do we allow them to starve after they have served their country? If a mentally challenged person fails a drug test, do we put them on the street to be abused and mistreated? If a person is disabled for any reason, do we require them to get a job, even though they're on disability due to not being able to work in the first place? Who do we feed and house, and who do we let starve and become homeless? Who do we appoint to be the judge? Are drug test 100% accurate? Which testing labs are 110% accurate and never make a mistake?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

If they use illegal drugs, or even legal pot or alcohol, they would not receive welfare/food stamps.

agree. they used to have limits back in the day. they also used to only be able too have two children they could claim. now they can have seventeen

Well, a lot companies drug test new hires and often have a policy of giving random drug tests...

So, if folks have to take a drug test to keep a job...

So, humiliation is an important component of welfare.

If they use illegal drugs, or even legal pot or alcohol, they would not receive welfare/food stamps.
If it's legal why not?

First off if they can afford alcohol and or pot they can be paying for food and other necessary items.

Second, alcohol and pot can ruin lives, careers, motivation etc. If they are using the stuff, they don't get food stamps or welfare in my world.

It is a waste of taxpayer money
imagesBHDVEQ0Q.jpg

Well, a lot companies drug test new hires and often have a policy of giving random drug tests...

So, if folks have to take a drug test to keep a job...

I had to for two years at the job I was at. Keep me so clean I was almost a saint
but I was making damn good money at it.

Forum List

Back