Is homosexuality a choice or not

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
Recent studies show there is no gay gene. This debunks the theory that certain people are born that way.

Recent studies show there is no gay gene. This debunks the theory that certain people are born that way.

Jeez...

Who forced you to be heterosexual?

Reading about those behind this article.......

The first pillar of a decent society is respect for the human person. To be just, a society must be built upon the recognition that all individual human beings have dignity simply because of the kind of beings they are: animals whose rational faculties allow them to know, love, reason, and communicate, and persons who flourish as members of a community that respects their fundamental rights.

People matter, even if they are not wanted. That includes the poor and the marginalized, the elderly, the disabled, and the unborn. The answer to the question “who counts?” is “everyone.”

It would seem to me that they support no such thing.

occupied makes the best point.

But also, why does it matter? Do you feel justified in hating gays if it were a choice?

I never made a choice to be straight. I cannot imagine being in love with a man. A gay man cannot imagine being in love with a woman. And the OP should stop imagining what they do when they are together.

Homosexuality exists at about the same rate across the world regardless of how permissive or restrictive the society. Were it a choice there would barely be any gay people where they kill you for it.

Tomboy girls and sissy boys are not necessarily gay. Being gay is a choice made at puberty or later. Usually as a result of a failure with the opposite sex.

Tomboy girls and sissy boys are not necessarily gay. Being gay is a choice made at puberty or later. Usually as a result of a failure with the opposite sex.

It obviously goes deeper than that. There are numerous signs of sexual arousal. Many of them totally without control by the person.

Reading about those behind this article.......

The first pillar of a decent society is respect for the human person. To be just, a society must be built upon the recognition that all individual human beings have dignity simply because of the kind of beings they are: animals whose rational faculties allow them to know, love, reason, and communicate, and persons who flourish as members of a community that respects their fundamental rights.

People matter, even if they are not wanted. That includes the poor and the marginalized, the elderly, the disabled, and the unborn. The answer to the question “who counts?” is “everyone.”

It would seem to me that they support no such thing.
I think almost everyone agrees with that, but that is not the question. I think if someone chooses to live a gay lifestyle that society should accept and allow that for the reasons you very clearly stated. But the question in the OP was one of biology, not choice or societal acceptance.

Is that what happened in yer case?

I never had any questions it was tits and ass for me.

I think almost everyone agrees with that, but that is not the question. I think if someone chooses to live a gay lifestyle that society should accept and allow that for the reasons you very clearly stated. But the question in the OP was one of biology, not choice or societal acceptance.

Can one point to a gene that makes a person left handed or right handed?

occupied makes the best point.

But also, why does it matter? Do you feel justified in hating gays if it were a choice?

I never made a choice to be straight. I cannot imagine being in love with a man. A gay man cannot imagine being in love with a woman. And the OP should stop imagining what they do when they are together.
I merely posted a scientific study that debunks the myth that people are born gay.

Forum List

Back