Is Hillary awesome?

Is Hillary awesome? or is it just my imagination?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I doubt we will have a dot com boom but a Republican controlled congress isn't too far fetched. Even if democrats win congress in 2016, I doubt they'll keep control in 2018. She is going to raise taxes. That's one part of the equation. Another part is to cut spending which no politician will ever do. The third part is growing the economy which no politician can do. There are three possible ways to achieve fiscally responsible results. Raising taxes, cutting spending and growing the economy are the three possible ways to do it. One is impossible and the other two are avoided like the plaque.

With all due respect, Vas...raising taxes does not "grow the economy"! It will grow the size of government...which is why proponents of big government love to do it...but first year Economics majors learn that increasing taxes will slow economic growth not increase it.

Raising taxes does not grow the economy. It does the opposite. That's why politicians try their best to avoid tax increases. If you want to artificially grow the economy then you should borrow as much money as possible, cut taxes and throw money around all over the place. If you do that then you will be a hero for decades just like Reagan. That's Trump's plan.

Who wants to be responsible when you have the option to be a hero? Hillary thrives on being hated. She can make unpopular fiscally responsible decisions that everybody hates. We need at least a few short periods of fiscal responsibility. If not now then we will need it eventually.

If you were 8 years old and your dad took control of the family finances and decided to work longer hours, stop borrowing money and spend less money, would you like that?

If you were 10 years old and your mom took control of the family finances and decided to work less hours, borrow more money and spend more money, would you like that?

People that are honestly fiscally conservative are considering these things. I'm not talking about idiots that call themselves conservative and hail Reagan as the greatest president. Real conservatives hail Calvin Coolidge as the greatest president. Who? Exactly! The responsible guy never gets remembered, if he does, he doesn't get remembered in a positive way. Being responsible sucks. I'm voting for a lady that has the capacity to do what is best for the country's financial well being even though it will suck ass for everybody. It will especially suck for her but she's used to getting the short end of the stick. Trump is used to winning all the time. It will be great when Trump is president. We'll get all kinds of goodies. I completely understand why people want to vote for him. I don't want goodies. I want a stable country that my great-great-great-great-great grandchildren can enjoy.

I'm baffled by your expectation that Hillary Clinton is going to be more fiscally responsible than Donald Trump, Vas! She's a classic tax and spend liberal who's promised to add to the list of entitlements that we already can't afford. Unless you foresee her pulling another Dot Com Boom out of her rather large ass...how do any of her policies lead to economic growth? If she tries to make good on her promise to increase taxes on the wealthy (which I personally don't think she has any intention of doing by the way!) then they will react by protecting their capital by moving it into tax shelters. That's reality and that's an economic growth KILLER!

I think her presidency will be more boring than Trump's. That would be hard to refute. Trump will do great things. Great things cost money. Hillary is not a liberal. Bernie Sanders supporters hate her guts.

Bernie Sanders supporters hate her guts because they know damn well that she rigged the primaries against their candidate and he never had a prayer of getting the nomination.

It's not that Hillary isn't a liberal...it's that first and foremost she's corrupt and will do whatever it takes to keep power and keep the money rolling in and if liberal policies have to be sacrificed to make that happen then Hillary will throw those right out the window. It's why the fat cats on Wall Street have been pouring millions into her campaign. They know she's for sale and they've already bought and paid for her!

Those sound like good things. Politics is a dirty game.

Your rather naive belief that Hillary Clinton is going to be successful with the economy because she's married to Bill Clinton is amusing.

Bill Clinton's success with the economy and the debt were due to two things...the Dot Com Boom and the Newt Gingrich controlled House. Since Hillary will have neither of those things she doesn't have a PRAYER of duplicating what happened back then.

I doubt we will have a dot com boom but a Republican controlled congress isn't too far fetched. Even if democrats win congress in 2016, I doubt they'll keep control in 2018. She is going to raise taxes. That's one part of the equation. Another part is to cut spending which no politician will ever do. The third part is growing the economy which no politician can do. There are three possible ways to achieve fiscally responsible results. Raising taxes, cutting spending and growing the economy are the three possible ways to do it. One is impossible and the other two are avoided like the plaque.

With all due respect, Vas...raising taxes does not "grow the economy"! It will grow the size of government...which is why proponents of big government love to do it...but first year Economics majors learn that increasing taxes will slow economic growth not increase it.

Raising taxes does not grow the economy. It does the opposite. That's why politicians try their best to avoid tax increases. If you want to artificially grow the economy then you should borrow as much money as possible, cut taxes and throw money around all over the place. If you do that then you will be a hero for decades just like Reagan. That's Trump's plan.

Who wants to be responsible when you have the option to be a hero? Hillary thrives on being hated. She can make unpopular fiscally responsible decisions that everybody hates. We need at least a few short periods of fiscal responsibility. If not now then we will need it eventually.

If you were 8 years old and your dad took control of the family finances and decided to work longer hours, stop borrowing money and spend less money, would you like that?

If you were 10 years old and your mom took control of the family finances and decided to work less hours, borrow more money and spend more money, would you like that?

People that are honestly fiscally conservative are considering these things. I'm not talking about idiots that call themselves conservative and hail Reagan as the greatest president. Real conservatives hail Calvin Coolidge as the greatest president. Who? Exactly! The responsible guy never gets remembered, if he does, he doesn't get remembered in a positive way. Being responsible sucks. I'm voting for a lady that has the capacity to do what is best for the country's financial well being even though it will suck ass for everybody. It will especially suck for her but she's used to getting the short end of the stick. Trump is used to winning all the time. It will be great when Trump is president. We'll get all kinds of goodies. I completely understand why people want to vote for him. I don't want goodies. I want a stable country that my great-great-great-great-great grandchildren can enjoy.

Taxes gave us the infrastructure to be able to have the economy Republicans cry about wishing we had. It takes money to make money.

Taxes gave us the infrastructure to be able to have the economy Republicans cry about wishing we had. It takes money to make money.
Private industry gave US the infrastructure to be able to have a roaring economy. Liberals are tooo fucking lazy to work, so must steal from the economy to support their immoral lifestyles. Like Venezuela, when you steal too much money then bankruptcy soon follows. Are you libidiots willing to eat dog?

I get a laugh out of the knee jerk response by progressives like you, R-Derp that think a US economy wouldn't exist without spending huge sums on "infrastructure". When you say it "takes money to make money" you don't seem to understand the concept that when you take money out of the private sector in the form of taxes...run it through an incredibly inefficient Federal Government to do wildly expensive public works projects...much of that money is wasted. It does in fact take money to make money but what makes money is private sector investment. You don't get private sector investment when you increase taxes because that lessens the incentive to risk capital. I wish some of you had taken even basic economics in school so you wouldn't fall for the bullshit that politicians like Hillary Clinton are shoveling at you non stop.

I'm baffled by your expectation that Hillary Clinton is going to be more fiscally responsible than Donald Trump, Vas! She's a classic tax and spend liberal who's promised to add to the list of entitlements that we already can't afford. Unless you foresee her pulling another Dot Com Boom out of her rather large ass...how do any of her policies lead to economic growth? If she tries to make good on her promise to increase taxes on the wealthy (which I personally don't think she has any intention of doing by the way!) then they will react by protecting their capital by moving it into tax shelters. That's reality and that's an economic growth KILLER!

I think her presidency will be more boring than Trump's. That would be hard to refute. Trump will do great things. Great things cost money. Hillary is not a liberal. Bernie Sanders supporters hate her guts.

Bernie Sanders supporters hate her guts because they know damn well that she rigged the primaries against their candidate and he never had a prayer of getting the nomination.

It's not that Hillary isn't a liberal...it's that first and foremost she's corrupt and will do whatever it takes to keep power and keep the money rolling in and if liberal policies have to be sacrificed to make that happen then Hillary will throw those right out the window. It's why the fat cats on Wall Street have been pouring millions into her campaign. They know she's for sale and they've already bought and paid for her!

Those sound like good things. Politics is a dirty game.

You really think corrupt politicians are a good thing? Have we lowered the bar that much! Sorry, Vas...but I had a father who went into politics after retiring from the Fire Department, serving 3 terms as a Selectman. He believed that public service was about doing good things for his community...not enriching himself. Somewhere along the way Bill and Hillary Clinton lost that concept. For them it's about power and using that power to make money for themselves.

Forum List

Back