Is God The ultimate Nutty professor or the ultimate micromanager?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I have spent a good part of my life pondering what is God really like? The Christian model of the micro manager I was raised to believe in never made sense to me. Why would the creator of the Universe waste his time curing this person, maiming that person, protecting one soldier, letting another get shot etc etc. Really? You can make Universes and you are going to resign yourself to that?

The only model that made sense to me was God the Nutty professor. God creates things because they amuse him, and that includes us. I mean we have to be totally hilarious at this point in history. I also believe that the Universe we know is only one of an infinite number of Universes all of which God created with different initial conditions. This allows him to see how each one develops differently, without his ongoing intervention.

Remember the Men In Black movie where that cat had an entire galaxy hanging around it's neck inside a crystal? Well that is our universe and God has created an infinite number of cats running around each with a universe dangling around it's neck. Yes God is a cat person and he is so great, the cats aren't annoying and don't smell up the place.

I have spent a good part of my life pondering what is God really like? The Christian model of the micro manager I was raised to believe in never made sense to me. Why would the creator of the Universe waste his time curing this person, maiming that person, protecting one soldier, letting another get shot etc etc. Really? You can make Universes and you are going to resign yourself to that?

The only model that made sense to me was God the Nutty professor. God creates things because they amuse him, and that includes us. I mean we have to be totally hilarious at this point in history. I also believe that the Universe we know is only one of an infinite number of Universes all of which God created with different initial conditions. This allows him to see how each one develops differently, without his ongoing intervention.

Remember the Men In Black movie where that cat had an entire galaxy hanging around it's neck inside a crystal? Well that is our universe and God has created an infinite number of cats running around each with a universe dangling around it's neck. Yes God is a cat person and he is so great, the cats aren't annoying and don't smell up the place.

The master of the house has servants at his disposal to tend the fields.

What is God is like?

I like to think of the story of God telling Moses to make a bronze statue of a serpent, of all things, and give it to the people to turn to for healing when they were complaining about the plague of serpents sent by God during the time of testing in the wilderness, the same God who gave the law which prohibits idolatry under penalty of death.

Reminds me that there are a million ways to say, FU.

All I can say is don't come to God if you can't come correct. You cannot get over on God; you will get smacked for trying.

Last edited:
upload_2018-2-7_0-47-33.jpeg

Cats can also walk through walls. To the immense annoyance of Schrodinger.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

• Banned

What is God is like?

I like to think of the story of God telling Moses to make a bronze statue of a serpent, of all things, and give it to the people to turn to for healing when they were complaining about the plague of serpents sent by God during the time of testing in the wilderness, the same God who gave the law which prohibits idolatry under penalty of death.

All I can say is don't come to God if you can't come correct. You cannot get over on God; you will get smacked for trying.
I'm not trying to 'Get over on God'. I don't even know what you mean. My view of God is as legitimate as yours. Just because ancient people came up with your version of God it, doesn't make it any more valid or accurate.

What is God is like?

I'm not trying to 'Get over on God'. I don't even know what you mean. My view of God is as legitimate as yours. Just because ancient people came up with your version of God it, doesn't make it any more valid or accurate.

Sorry, I wasn't specifically referring to you. I meant it in a general sense in reference to the question of what God is like.

Anyway, I actually enjoyed your musings about God.

I just used that story of the bronze serpent to show a side of God that most people never even consider. So there it is....

Last edited:
God was the nutty professor at first, then became the micro manager.
Now He is just indifferent.

"I will never again pity the inhabitants of the earth, says the Lord."

"In one month I got rid of the three shepherds, for I had lost patience with them, and they had come to abhor me. So I said, ‘ I will not fatten you anymore. Any that are to die, let them die; any that stray, let them stray; and the rest can devour one another."

Zechariah 11:4-16

Last edited:

Forum List

Back