Eden Garden of the GodS

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
The first man was created in Eden. It was located between the Tigris and Euphrates river. It contained rare stones. It had a tree of life. A woman was made to help the first man populate the earth.
Does this sound familiar? It should. It sounds awfully close to the abrahamic version of the garden of eden. But this isnt an abrahamic story. It is a sumerian story that was recorded in 2500BC or so.
I was just reading about it. Pretty interesting.
The god that made the first man, made the first woman behind his brothers back. Which, in turn, led to a great conflict between them. Enlil was the brother. The Earth was his domain. He became the enemy of humans.

The first man was created in Eden. It was located between the Tigris and Euphrates river. It contained rare stones. It had a tree of life. A woman was made to help the first man populate the earth.
Does this sound familiar? It should. It sounds awfully close to the abrahamic version of the garden of eden. But this isnt an abrahamic story. It is a sumerian story that was recorded in 2500BC or so.
The god that made the first man, made the first woman behind his brothers back. Which, in turn, led to a great conflict between them. Enlil was the brother. The Earth was his domain. He became the enemy of humans.
That's because they all shared a common belief before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

How else do you believe the account of genesis ended up being recorded as symbols in the Chinese language 4500 years ago?

What you believe is a weakness is in fact validation of the account.

Of course they have the same story of creation and the flood. After Babel everyone was scattered. Verbal history by some was distorted over generations. Only the original Hebrew language survived.

That's because they all shared a common belief before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

How else do you believe the account of genesis ended up being recorded as symbols in the Chinese language 4500 years ago?

What you believe is a weakness is in fact validation of the account.
Pretty rational argument
Hanzi of Genesis - RationalWiki

God kicked Adam out of Eden because He had offered Adam a chance to stay with god in homo heaven, but instead, Adam chose to bang the woman and was kicked out of heaven by god for choosing the woman over god.

Of course they have the same story of creation and the flood. After Babel everyone was scattered. Verbal history by some was distorted over generations. Only the original Hebrew language survived.
They survived the flood considering that people predates all estimates of noahs flood. Of course, thats just estimates. Trying to estimate time from the bible seems like a waste of time.
They do have their own flood story that involves a survivor. He had visions from a god that something bad was about to happen. Then another God told him to build a big boat.

They survived the flood considering that people predates all estimates of noahs flood. Of course, thats just estimates. Trying to estimate time from the bible seems like a waste of time.
They do have their own flood story that involves a survivor. He had visions from a god that something bad was about to happen. Then another God told him to build a big boat.
The more I look into dating the more I smell hullabaloo. Just too many variables involved so I tend to ignore any dating past 2,000 years.
We all know how you take a circle of people and have them repeat a phrase as it goes around and what you get in the end is not what you started with.
A lot of those people scattered at Babel used verbal communication to maintain history, so I consider the similarities to be a validation of the written Hebrew.

The more I look into dating the more I smell hullabaloo. Just too many variables involved so I tend to ignore any dating past 2,000 years.
We all know how you take a circle of people and have them repeat a phrase as it goes around and what you get in the end is not what you started with.
A lot of those people scattered at Babel used verbal communication to maintain history, so I consider the similarities to be a validation of the written Hebrew.
Thats your faith. That reasoning doesnt seem to explain the Sumerian religion but thats ok.

Keeping in mind they didn't have tv's and all of the electronic frills back in the day if a being manifested to you and told you things what would you call it or consider it if you did know what,where or how it just appeared out of thin air and in the air?

Keeping in mind they didn't have tv's and all of the electronic frills back in the day if a being manifested to you and told you things what would you call it or consider it if you did know what,where or how it just appeared out of thin air and in the air?
I would probably think it was a god. That seemed to be the ancient "go-to" for ignorance. Luckily, this is 2018 and we understand things now.

Thats your faith. That reasoning doesnt seem to explain the Sumerian religion but thats ok.
What, that creation and the flood stories dovetail means nothing?

I would probably think it was a god. That seemed to be the ancient "go-to" for ignorance. Luckily, this is 2018 and we understand things now.
Good. You can tell the class where matter came from and how and why it writes and wants to listen to music.

Really? You know how the spirit works now or you think you have insight to knowing the spirit in other humans? Or is it you just think you have a clue about why or how other people see things beyond the carnal realm?

Naw. How the story of the one true God getting so construed they started worshipping 100s of different gods. Thats a lot of amnesia

Naw. How the story of the one true God getting so construed they started worshipping 100s of different gods. Thats a lot of amnesia
They didn't know that there are thousands upon thousands of spiritual hosts. Along with the same things people suffer today with their tunnel vision and preconceived notions.

They didn't know that there are thousands upon thousands of spiritual hosts. Along with the same things people suffer today with their tunnel vision and preconceived notions.
Spiritual hosts?

Amnesia is a dominant trait in humans.
Moses went up on the mountain to talk to God and within 40 days the people down below were praying to Baal and having an orgy.
Within a hundred years of the flood people defied God and built the Tower of Babel, within 300 years God is destroying Sodom and Gomorrah because it is so evil.

Spiritual hosts?
Yes spiritual hosts. That is after all what Chapter one of Genesis is all about. Most people miss that part. That is why
Genesis 2:1 "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them" starts out with this statement. Have you read the Books of Enoch? There is a brief description about hosts for everything in it which Enoch sees. The Bible tells us who many of these hosts are and each has a name which describes their roles. Everything of heaven has a host to manage the pieces and portions in heaven and earth has hosts to do the same for those who are earthly. I've spent quite a few years putting together a book for this but have not yet published it. Hopefully very soon it will be available and I can start on putting together things we have seen in the spirit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back