Is Fox News a net positive or negative for the GOP?

Fox is the only media outlet that does not follow the propaganda line from the democrats. That's why obama declared his little war on Fox, and it follows that the little obamabots would continue to moan and groan about Fox.

actually Billy boy Clinton didn't like fox either..and that's when the Democrat sheep followed suit and it goes on to this day being attacked by them..

you never see them go after PMsNbc the worst lowlife station working for Democrats..

Fox is the only media outlet that does not follow the propaganda line from the democrats. That's why obama declared his little war on Fox, and it follows that the little obamabots would continue to moan and groan about Fox.

I think that Fox can provide a valuable service in providing balance to what is clearly a left-leaning (and "leaning" is being charitable) mass media. The point I'm trying to get to (and failing so far) is whether they're doing, on balance, a good job of it, or whether they're actually hurting themselves and conservatism.

I don't think they are doing a good job, and Tuesday night is a shining example of that.

You don't believe that their dragging of Rove kicking and screaming to confront reality was doing a good job?

I think that Fox can provide a valuable service in providing balance to what is clearly a left-leaning (and "leaning" is being charitable) mass media. The point I'm trying to get to (and failing so far) is whether they're doing, on balance, a good job of it, or whether they're actually hurting themselves and conservatism.

I don't think they are doing a good job, and Tuesday night is a shining example of that.

You don't believe that their dragging of Rove kicking and screaming to confront reality was doing a good job?

Not sure I understand the question. Rephrase, please.

SO, this is where this crap is coming from again,...Liberal-Democrats LOVE Free speech until it doesn't AGREE with them..they are the tyrants in this country
links in article at site

SNIP..

Andrew Sullivan: ‘Fox News has to be demonized and cut off’

3:05 AM 11/10/2012

Daily Beast blogger Andrew Sullivan, who seemed to take the ups and downs of President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign very personally, said in his Friday night appearance on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” that the Republican Party should rebuke conservative talker Rush Limbaugh and “demonize and cut off” the Fox News Channel.

“The first conservative who will be the future of that party will be the one that says Rush Limbaugh does not speak for the Republican Party,” Sullivan said. “He is a poison on the discourse, and until they start — you see, the media-industrial complex on the right is so lucrative they don’t want to lose it. And it is now controlling a political party. That has to be severed. Fox News has to be demonized and cut off.”

That remark drew the objection of the show’s lone conservative, MSNBC’s “The Cycle” co-host S.E. Cupp, who questioned Sullivan’s premise on free speech grounds. However, the other panelist on the show, CNN’s James Carville, insisted Limbaugh and Fox News should stay around in order to help Democrats continue their electoral success.

all of it here
Read more: Andrew Sullivan: ‘Fox News has to be demonized and cut off’ | The Daily Caller

SO, this is where this crap is coming from again,...Liberal-Democrats LOVE Free speech until it doesn't AGREE with them..they are the tyrants in this country
links in article at site

SNIP..

Daily Beast blogger Andrew Sullivan, who seemed to take the ups and downs of President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign very personally, said in his Friday night appearance on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” that the Republican Party should rebuke conservative talker Rush Limbaugh and “demonize and cut off” the Fox News Channel.

“The first conservative who will be the future of that party will be the one that says Rush Limbaugh does not speak for the Republican Party,” Sullivan said. “He is a poison on the discourse, and until they start — you see, the media-industrial complex on the right is so lucrative they don’t want to lose it. And it is now controlling a political party. That has to be severed. Fox News has to be demonized and cut off.”

That remark drew the objection of the show’s lone conservative, MSNBC’s “The Cycle” co-host S.E. Cupp, who questioned Sullivan’s premise on free speech grounds. However, the other panelist on the show, CNN’s James Carville, insisted Limbaugh and Fox News should stay around in order to help Democrats continue their electoral success.

all of it here
Read more: Andrew Sullivan: ‘Fox News has to be demonized and cut off’ | The Daily Caller

And Andrew Sullivan is a conservative.

links in article at site

SNIP..

all of it here

Yes, I think that's one of the places I saw it this morning. So I came here with an honest question, and folks got all emotional. Again, I would think that those who like Fox and the GOP would want what is best for them, but I just can't seem to engage anyone here in civil, mature, honest discussion of my very, very direct question.

My fault. Maybe I should have waited until things cooled down a bit. This is ridiculous.

links in article at site

SNIP..

all of it here

yeah sure he is and I'm the queen of England

Democrats think that what's best for the GOP is to become democrats. That's what's best for them.

links in article at site

SNIP..

all of it here

I seriously doubt that. He sounds like a communist.

links in article at site

SNIP..

all of it here

Yes, I think that's one of the places I saw it this morning. So I came here with an honest question, and folks got all emotional. Again, I would think that those who like Fox and the GOP would want what is best for them, but I just can't seem to engage anyone here in civil, mature, honest discussion of my very, very direct question.

My fault. Maybe I should have waited until things cooled down a bit. This is ridiculous.

cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

Democrats think that what's best for the GOP is to become democrats. That's what's best for them.

of course they do, that's why they accuse everyone and Republicans who doesn't THINK like them, Extremest..

links in article at site

SNIP..

all of it here

cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

:lol:

Okay...

To answer your question Mac, yes Fox hurt the GOP this time around. Romney was obviously living in a Fox bubble which is why he got spanked during the debates when he echoed their talking points. It is why he was shell shocked when he lost and it is why Rove spent 45 minutes disputing the official election results. Yes, it hurt them but will they learn from their mistakes? I say no.

links in article at site

SNIP..

all of it here

well don't fret and worry your wee self over what you think the Gop and Fox wants..
When you on the left start calling out the OTHER media than we can think you are NOT just full of crap and just coming after FOX..but we won't see that from you EVER

In the aftermath of The Great GOP Meltdown of 2012, I've now seen a couple of articles asking this question as the party begins a little self-inspection. Wow, never would I have expected this.

(Well, at least SOME of the party is doing some self-inspection. The rest of it is doubling down, proudly remaining in abject denial. But that's for a different thread)

Fox played a big part in the party somehow convincing itself that Romney was going to win in a landslide. It essentially created an information cocoon for conservatives, where no light was getting in, where the bad information inside the cocoon was allowed to fester and grow. The result? Conservatives were shocked at the outcome; no one else was.

So would the GOP be better off if Fox never existed? Or if it changed its approach and stopped being such a weird cartoon act? Is Fox hurting the GOP?

(And by the way, don't divert to MSNBC. I agree it's gone completely over the cliff for the Left. This is about Fox, how it created its own little world, and why the Right was so stunned by the election results)

Conservatives were shocked at the outcome; no one else was

Says who?

So would the GOP be better off if Fox never existed? Or if it changed its approach and stopped being such a weird cartoon act? Is Fox hurting the GOP?

Would you ask the same questions of those networks that are most certainly in the tank for the left?

Honestly thinking people are safe and can weather the various TV influences that exist and will vote with intelligence.

The true problem is the lack of critical thinking from both parties.

Forum List

Back