Is end of oil good/bad for climate change?

Any person with a functioning brain will agree that when the renewable technology gets better then renewables will enter into the realm of reality. Oil is still the leading source. That being said I have a huge disdain for big oil companies.

Oil left in the world:
Summary Table
Oil Reserves
1,650,585,140,000 barrels
Oil Consumption

barrels per year
97,103,871 barrels per day
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)
World Oil Statistics - Worldometer

Some may think 47 years is a long way off so why worry now-?
47 years marks the timeline that we will consume it all; at the current consumption rate.

If we do nothing during this timeline the world economies will plunge into total panic creating WW3; fighting for what is left.

Developing renewables and going green is the only path we can take if we want to protect our children’s future.

Personally I do not think the world’s economies will make the needed transition and yes, my children will face a bleak and dark life coming their way.

But hay, I’m 73 years old, so why should I care?

Do You-?

:)-
Did you know the Democrat puppeteers told Biden he has to stop new oil from being discovered? That's so the bottom feeders could say we don't have enough reserves. It's completely made up by the green new deal who want you to ride a bicycle 35 miles to work, rain, shine or snow. Or pay $35,000. for a brand new car which takes twice as much fuel when you burn fuel that is made by burning an equal amount of fossil fuel at the electirc company in coal and gas, sometimes more. They didn't tell that to stupid AOC when she shakes her angry fist and wears clothes damning people in your political party if she hates on them enough along with the radical leftwing press that lies their butts off every time they get the opportunity to slander President Trump, his associates, his staff, his family, and everyone on his Christmas card list. :cranky:

Did you know the Democrat puppeteers told Biden he has to stop new oil from being discovered? That's so the bottom feeders could say we don't have enough reserves
Reserves are slightly exaggerated to increase borrowing power.
Still, facts are facts.
Reserves are known.
Consumption is known.
Divide consumption into reserves and WALLA, the truth is before your eyed for all to see.
BTW: China knows this and states they will be off oil

Last edited:
Here is a bit of news about China that you need to be aware of-----

China's latest energy megaprojects show that coal is really on the way out

Leanna Garfield - May. 9, 2018

China's latest energy megaprojects show that coal is really on the way out

"....To improve the country's air quality, the Chinese government vows to spend at least $360 billion on clean energy projects and create 13 million new renewable energy jobs by 2020.

China's latest energy megaprojects — two giant solar farms in Anhui, one of which will go online in May —

In late 2017, the country built a massive floating solar farm on top of a former coal mine

China is already one of the world's biggest investors in alternative energy
sources like solar, wind, and hydropower.
China is one of the biggest countries to make a significant move Away from coal. Last year, the country Cancelled 104 new coal plants that were in development across 13 provinces.*

China plans ban on petrol and diesel cars

China plans ban on petrol and diesel cars
China looks at ending sales of gasoline cars
China looks at ending sales of gasoline cars
China to ban all petrol and diesel cars

China to ban all petrol and diesel cars

China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020 | Reuters
China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020

I don't know how we really end oil or fossil fuels. We'd still need fossil fuels to extract metals and make plastics.

Oil left in the world:
Summary Table
Oil Reserves
Oil Consumption

barrels per year
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)

47 years marks the timeline that we will consume it all; at the current consumption rate.

If we do nothing during this timeline the world economies will plunge into total panic creating WW3; fighting for what is left.

Developing renewables and going green is the only path we can take if we want to protect our children’s future.

Personally I do not think the world’s economies will make the needed transition and yes, my children will face a bleak and dark life coming their way.

Do You-?

It does nothing, but people will starve.

I do care because this is retardation that people will suffer and die from.

Oil left in the world:
Summary Table
Oil Reserves
Oil Consumption

barrels per year
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)

Do You-?

Good God, don't you know how an oil reserve is measured?

Remember Zaki Yamani? He said, "The Stone Age didn't end because they ran out of stones."

Did you know the Democrat puppeteers told Biden he has to stop new oil from being discovered? That's so the bottom feeders could say we don't have enough reserves. It's completely made up by the green new deal who want you to ride a bicycle 35 miles to work, rain, shine or snow. Or pay $35,000. for a brand new car which takes twice as much fuel when you burn fuel that is made by burning an equal amount of fossil fuel at the electirc company in coal and gas, sometimes more. They didn't tell that to stupid AOC when she shakes her angry fist and wears clothes damning people in your political party if she hates on them enough along with the radical leftwing press that lies their butts off every time they get the opportunity to slander President Trump, his associates, his staff, his family, and everyone on his Christmas card list. :cranky:

That's crap. Massive new oilfields offshore Guyana and onshore Turkey.

Massive new oilfields offshore Guyana and onshore Turkey
Oil is finite. The more we use it the less we have left.

If there are massive new oilfields offshore Guyana and onshore Turkey then all you have to do is prove it.

E&P companies will need to add >40 MMb/d of new crude production, mostly from offshore and shale unsanctioned projects. Roughly 4-5% of this new production will need to come from yet-to-find resources.
Global Oil Supply & Demand Outlook to 2035 | Oil & Gas

Summary Table
Oil Reserves
Oil Consumption
barrels per year
Reserves/Consumption

47 (years left)

I found what your problem is
1685044658785.jpeg

Oil is finite. The more we use it the less we have left.

If there are massive new oilfields offshore Guyana and onshore Turkey then all you have to do is prove it.

E&P companies will need to add >40 MMb/d of new crude production, mostly from offshore and shale unsanctioned projects. Roughly 4-5% of this new production will need to come from yet-to-find resources.
Global Oil Supply & Demand Outlook to 2035 | Oil & Gas

Summary Table
Oil Reserves
Oil Consumption
barrels per year
Reserves/Consumption

47 (years left)

I found what your problem is
View attachment 788727

Onshore Turkey and offshore Guyana are already in production, idiot.

Onshore Turkey and offshore Guyana are already in production, idiot.
I was offended when you would call me an idiot but then again when you have nothing of substance to say then crude attacks become your last recourse.

Having said that, I will excuse your childish rant, nor will I tell your mama what you did.

This is the least I can do for you, seeing that you and I are friends.

Btw: I have followed your earlier posts and liked them. So, I must ask, what’s up mama, are you suffering from Menopause --?

The climate will continue to change, regardless of oil consumption. These silly climate deniers on the left seem to think there’s some way to immobilize it by redistributing wealth.

Any person with a functioning brain will agree that when the renewable technology gets better then renewables will enter into the realm of reality. Oil is still the leading source. That being said I have a huge disdain for big oil companies.
Then you are an idiot, rebewables are built by big oil, bug coal, big steel, big chemical companies.

The biggest heavy industry in the world.

I was offended when you would call me an idiot but then again when you have nothing of substance to say then crude attacks become your last recourse.

Having said that, I will excuse your childish rant, nor will I tell your mama what you did.

This is the least I can do for you, seeing that you and I are friends.

Btw: I have followed your earlier posts and liked them. So, I must ask, what’s up mama, are you suffering from Menopause --?

30 years ago I was.

Forum List

Back