Is end of oil good/bad for climate change?

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
Oil left in the world:
Summary Table
Oil Reserves
1,650,585,140,000 barrels
Oil Consumption

barrels per year
97,103,871 barrels per day
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)
World Oil Statistics - Worldometer

Some may think 47 years is a long way off so why worry now-?
47 years marks the timeline that we will consume it all; at the current consumption rate.

If we do nothing during this timeline the world economies will plunge into total panic creating WW3; fighting for what is left.

Developing renewables and going green is the only path we can take if we want to protect our children’s future.

Personally I do not think the world’s economies will make the needed transition and yes, my children will face a bleak and dark life coming their way.

But hay, I’m 73 years old, so why should I care?

Do You-?

:)-

We'll find more oil. It's not going to last forever, but it'll last longer than that.

Oil left in the world:
Summary Table
Oil Reserves
Oil Consumption

barrels per year
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)

47 years marks the timeline that we will consume it all; at the current consumption rate.

If we do nothing during this timeline the world economies will plunge into total panic creating WW3; fighting for what is left.

Developing renewables and going green is the only path we can take if we want to protect our children’s future.

Personally I do not think the world’s economies will make the needed transition and yes, my children will face a bleak and dark life coming their way.

Do You-?

I don't lose sleep over things that I have no control over.

Oil left in the world:
Summary Table
Oil Reserves
Oil Consumption

barrels per year
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)

Do You-?

We need to fight WW3 now to reduce the world's population. That is our only hope.

You think the Earth naturally produces oil at a rate equal to the consumption of all 8 or 9 billion people on the planet?

Maybe? It is hot as Sun in the middle. Why don't you dig a hole and go down and take a look. I know someone driving an F150 vs. a Prius on the surface makes no difference.

Oil left in the world:
Summary Table
Oil Reserves
Oil Consumption

barrels per year
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)

Do You-?

There is absolutely nothing wrong, in fact, it is smart to TRANSITION to an alternate energy source. That is not what your AssHat in the WH is doing. He is intentionally trying to kill the current energy source, kill jobs, raise the cost of all fuels and destroy the US worldwide leadership in the oil industry.
If Biden were president when Henry Ford started producing cars his dimwitted approach would be-----You will have to buy a car because I am going to kill all the horses.

Oil left in the world:
Summary Table
Oil Reserves
Oil Consumption

barrels per year
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)

Do You-?

Oil has no effect on the 4 seasons.

Oil left in the world:
Summary Table
Oil Reserves
Oil Consumption

barrels per year
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)

Do You-?

There has never been a shortage of crude oil within our planet we call earth.

If abiotic oil exists, why has nobody on the planet been able to find any? Beyond a bare trace of a few gallons, that is.

Why does all oil have the fossil markers of the algae that it formed from?

No, one small oil field briefly refilling somewhat before emptying out again is not evidence for abiotic oil.

Do You-?

Developing renewables and going green requires an increase in the use of OIL!

Your position will deplete OIL faster, so it is your position that leaves your children with a bleak and dark life.

The Renewable Heavy Industry consumes more OIL, GAS, and COAL than any other Heavy Industry in the world.

Forum List

Back