Is Drilling equivalent to Welfare?

Yep, good thing charisma is the only thing a president needs, considering you are voting for Obama.(sarcasm)

Isn't it a bit presumptuous for you to know why I would be voting for anyone? You're not twelve are you? You voted for the worst president in modern history, it may behoove you to follow the choice of others?

McCain Embraces Newt’s Big Oil Lie, Chants ‘Drill More, Drill Now, Pay Less’

"McCain in Bakersfield, CA (AP)Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has completed his journey from “maverick” to the heart of the right-wing/Big Oil movement. His travels began last month when he abandoned his longheld opposition to offshore drilling. With increasing ease, McCain is shilling for the oil industry’s agenda. In today’s appearance before the Urban League, McCain said...."

Wonk Room McCain Embraces Newt’s Big Oil Lie, Chants ‘Drill More, Drill Now, Pay Less’

Think Progress Report: McCain Received $881,450 From Big Oil Since He Announced Support For Offshore Drilling

McCain Embraces Newt’s Big Oil Lie, Chants ‘Drill More, Drill Now, Pay Less’

"McCain in Bakersfield, CA (AP)Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has completed his journey from “maverick” to the heart of the right-wing/Big Oil movement. His travels began last month when he abandoned his longheld opposition to offshore drilling. With increasing ease, McCain is shilling for the oil industry’s agenda. In today’s appearance before the Urban League, McCain said...."

Wonk Room McCain Embraces Newt’s Big Oil Lie, Chants ‘Drill More, Drill Now, Pay Less’

Think Progress Report: McCain Received $881,450 From Big Oil Since He Announced Support For Offshore Drilling

Here's the same lie spread on another thread....
You don't think 4$ a gallon would cause someone to rethink their position of limiting our domestic supply?

Here's the same lie spread on another thread....
You don't think 4$ a gallon would cause someone to rethink their position of limiting our domestic supply?

Where is the lie? Are you thinking for him? If he truly had any sense he would not be for drilling as oil prices are going down now as we use it more efficiently. With competition it would return to normal in a minute and you jackasses who want to ruin our grandchildren's world can find some other distraction to dwell on and on and on.....

Where is the lie? Are you thinking for him? If he truly had any sense he would not be for drilling as oil prices are going down now as we use it more efficiently. With competition it would return to normal in a minute and you jackasses who want to ruin our grandchildren's world can find some other distraction to dwell on and on and on.....

So you think "Big Oil" has bought MCcain? So these Big Oil Corporations have directly funded Mccain's campaign? If not then that would make your previous statement a lie.

Citizens' Guide
Corporations and Unions
The law also prohibits contributions from corporations and labor unions. This prohibition applies to any incorporated organization, profit or nonprofit. For example, the owner of an incorporated "mom and pop" grocery store is not permitted to use a business account to make contributions. Instead, the owner would have to use a personal account. A corporate employee may make contributions through a nonrepayable corporate drawing account, which allows the individual to draw personal funds against salary, profits or other compensation.

And when president Cheney met with oil executives in secret do you think they were planning 'practical solutions' that would help the average American?

Given the mess they made of the Iraqi occupation, and the Katrina incident (and while I personally seriously doubt either Bush's or Cheyney's first concern is the welfare of the American people) it is possible that they screwed up the national energy plan badly, as well.

An unlikely explanation, I'll admit, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Per usual, when it comes to evaluating the Bush regime's record, one finds oneself either thinking they are truly bad guys who just don't care about America and its people, or they're simply the kind of people for whom the concept of the PETER PRINCIPLE was invented.

Last edited:
finds that 67% of voters believe that drilling should be allowed off the coasts of California, Florida and other states.

Only 67% - let's face it if people think drilling will reduce cost most don't care about the coast line or the future.

Only 67% - let's face it if people think drilling will reduce cost most don't care about the coast line or the future.

No most people don't have their heads shoved up the enviromentalist's asses..
They know that drilling is not a major contributor to oil spills. They know that Oil companies have to follow stringent enviromental laws.

I do not think drilling represents a major threat to the environment.

Neither do I think that in the short run drilling will do much for the current cost of energy.

I do not think drilling represents a major threat to the environment.

Neither do I think that in the short run drilling will do much for the current cost of energy.

Having seen some of the damage from oil spills I can't be sure. But the key item is any oil will enter the same market and only demand and the price the consumer is willing to pay will affect it until competition for petroleum based energy is real.

Having seen some of the damage from oil spills I can't be sure. But the key item is any oil will enter the same market and only demand and the price the consumer is willing to pay will affect it until competition for petroleum based energy is real.

That's the reason oil prices have been dropping like a rock since President Bush announced the lifting of the executive ban on offshore drilling......:eusa_whistle:

I'll go with nuclear power plants and coal power plants. the "smoke" you see coming out of a coal power plant's smoke stack is cleaner then the "smoke" you see coming out of your car.

Having seen some of the damage from oil spills I can't be sure.

While oil spills are often disasterous in the short and medium run, in the long run oil is biodegradable.

But the key item is any oil will enter the same market and only demand and the price the consumer is willing to pay will affect it until competition for petroleum based energy is real.

The price people pay for oil will never be really market driven as long as the supply side of oil is controlled a very limited number of players.

Since the sources of petroleum are limited by mother nature, and since the cost of becoming a player on the supply side is so damned expensive, having a truly competitive market is virtually impossible.

Yes, the market for petro is probably an honestly market driven, once it leaves the wells, I acknowledge that much.

But being a supplier of the resource itself is not market driven in that 8th grade understanding of economics that most of us mean when we talk about free markets.

The truest "free market" we see in this world is the labor market, folks.

That is because basically there are 7 billion suppliers of labor all more or less competing for work. (Hence in the USA, for example, economists speak of having only 95% of us working as full employment)

As labor unions are on the decline, and since there is such a glut of talent in the world compared to the billets to fill them, there really is no market more competitive than the labor market.

That is basically why the value of most people's labor is so low.

What the working classes really need to change economic dynamic is a really deadly world wide pandemic.

It's coming.. sooner or later the world (and the economy) we think is so permanent will change one way or the other.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back