Is Defense Secretary James Mattis Wrong For His Job?

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016
The last time the U.S. went to war as a necessity was WWII. Since then, wars have been fought to serve the financial interests of corporate America.

"The most important thing is, if you have to go to war, then do everything you can not to go to war if at all possible," the defense secretary added. "Then you’ve got to get the political end state right or you’ll never figure out how to end it successfully." Mattis made this admission in a telephone interview with Teddy Fischer.

Fischer is a high school journalism student in the Seattle suburb of Mercer Island. “Mattis agreed to speak by phone with Teddy Fischer, after the teenager sent a text requesting an interview to Mattis' private number, which was inadvertently disclosed in a photograph published in the Washington Post in May.”

It is uncommon for a politician to tell such a damning truth, as did Mattis in the short statement quoted above. Perhaps Mattis felt safe telling the truth to a high school student. But, after retiring as a general from a 41 year career in the Marines, Mattis understands war, far more than draft-dodgers like Dubya, Cheney, and the Big Orange Idiot.

However, honesty aside, and despite his understanding of war, Mattis must remember he answers to a Republican controlled government, and telling tales out of school by letting it be known “the political end state must be gotten correct" is not going to sit well with GOP leaders. Their first duty is to the fat cats and war profiteers who finance large portions of Republicans’ election campaigns.

It is dangerous to congressional hawks to have a defense secretary like Mattis, he is open about the military ineptitude of the Bush/Cheney administration, and the stupidity in dealing with North Korea by Big Orange and his team of servants to the fat cats.

With his short statement to a high school reporter, Mattis put his position as defense secretary in jeopardy. Republicans must not permit anyone to suggest to their simple-minded voter base that anything but war can be an option. Was this a momentary slip, or is Mattis wrong for his job?

Since the 911 attacks on the World Trade Center, Republicans spent those years cultivating an irrational fear and intense hatred for Muslims in their ill-informed conservative base. This “brainwashing” must be maintained. However, in one brief interview with a high school kid, Mattis threatened to undermine these years of GOP efforts.

Conservatives choose willful ignorance, and take great pride in being staying uninformed, and the Republicans have exploited this universal conservative trait well.

Unfortunately, conservatives are unable to change, in fact, the term “conservative” is defined as adverse to change. So, knowing this, people of reason can only point, shake their heads, and laugh loudly at the hilarity that is conservatism.

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis grants interview to high-school student

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

16711639_292680757813626_7368591471361329535_n.jpg

First you talk about how Matt is really knows war and then you say how stupid the people who appointed this guy are. The man who is secretary of defense. I read the best statement on the democrats of the last six months. "They seek to have repetition replace logic."

How you survive being this dumb is a mystery.

In other words you have NO fucking clue as to how to respond....and you wanted to show what an asshole you can be????

But, fear not, you;ll have a couple of fellow idiots giving you "praises" for your brilliance...........LOL

How you survive being this dumb is a mystery.

In other words you have NO fucking clue as to how to respond....and you wanted to show what an asshole you can be????

But, fear not, you;ll have a couple of fellow idiots giving you "praises" for your brilliance...........LOL
Well they should because this stupid shit doesn't deserve an essay type reply.

Mattis proves his value in his quotes.

1. ‘It’s quite fun to shoot them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people.’

In 2005, he offered this commentary on war: “You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them.”

He continued: “Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”

At the time, after the remarks made some waves, Marine commandant Gen. Michael Hagee noted that Mattis “often speaks with a great deal of candor.”

2. ‘There are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.’

Speaking to some 200 Marines, Mattis had this advice, according to longtime reporter Thomas Ricks: “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”

Mattis elaborated, “There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It’s really a hell of a lot of fun. You’re gonna have a blast out here!”

And: “I feel sorry for every son of a bitch that doesn’t get to serve with you.”

3. ‘I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.’

Mattis remembered offering this message to Iraqi leaders following the invasion, Ricks reported.

4. ‘Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.’

According to the same report, Mattis advised his Marines in Iraq to stay vigilant. In that vein, he also once said, “There is only one ‘retirement plan’ for terrorists.”

5. ‘There are some people who think you have to hate them in order to shoot them. I don’t think you do.’

“It’s just business,” Mattis said.

6. ‘In a country with millions of people and cars going everywhere, the enemy is going to get a car bomb out there once in awhile.’

Forum List

Back