Undercover Agents Dupe Minneapolis Airport TSA in 17 out of 18 Security Tests

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
This is really disturbing considering that Minneapolis has a very high Muslim population. And, yes, Muslims are far more likely to pose a threat of terrorism. So, we go through all the crap at security, taking our shoes off, throwing away shampoo and bottled water, and maybe even endure getting pawed by a security guard, just to feel safer. Truth is that all they are doing is tossing out obvious things, like more than 4 oz. of mouthwash, but aren't doing a damn thing to stop potential terror attacks.

"An undercover team, referred to as the "Red Team" from Washington, D.C., posed as passengers and attempted to sneak items through security that should easily be caught.

Jack Highberger of KMSP Fox 9 News reports from Minneapolis:

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — When put to the test, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport failed 95 percent of security tests conducted last week.

An undercover team, referred to as the “Red Team” from Washington, D.C., posed as passengers and attempted to sneak items through security that should easily be caught.

It’s the sort of failing grade that MSP-TSA has received before.

Seventeen out of 18 tries.

Undercover federal agents posing as passengers able to sneak explosive materials, fake weapons or drugs past screening.

Two separate sources told Fox 9 News that tests carried out on Thursday were eventually stopped, after the astounding 95 percent failure rates.

It all comes as Americans are expected to set travel records this holiday weekend with AAA estimating nearly 3.5 million will fly, but, at MSP, persisting doubts about security.

In April of 2016, sources told Fox 9 News the airport failed nine out of 12 tests."

http://www.kvrr.com/2017/07/03/unde...s-airport-tsa-in-17-out-of-18-security-tests/

Don't fly...cancel all flight plans. Use the roadways buses trains anything but air travel until the airports the airliners and the GUBERMENT gets their act together.

Don't fly...cancel all flight plans. Use the roadways buses trains anything but air travel until the airports the airliners and the GUBERMENT gets their act together.

Anything that waits for government to get their shit together is a lost cause.

This is misleading . The agents KNOW all the tsa protocols and the best way to beat them. Not that it's good, but it's not like a real situation where The would be a disadvantage for the terrorist.

And how come they never do these fake raids with law enforcement? No one "tests " the FBI.

Anything that waits for government to get their shit together is a lost cause.

Yeah! Private industry rules ..... hmmm now where did the TSA come from ? That's right, from 911, and the incompetent private security.

This is misleading . The agents KNOW all the tsa protocols and the best way to beat them. Not that it's good, but it's not like a real situation where The would be a disadvantage for the terrorist.

And how come they never do these fake raids with law enforcement? No one "tests " the FBI.

One agent had a fake bomb taped to his back and they missed it during the pat down. Others had things in plain sight that went right past them. No, they didn't use secret knowledge to slide things past security. They were things that should have been caught. They deliberately had suspicious items in their bags. They set off security alarms. They had things on them they shouldn't have.

TSA agents go through the motions and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

One agent had a fake bomb taped to his back and they missed it during the pat down. Others had things in plain sight that went right past them. No, they didn't use secret knowledge to slide things past security. They were things that should have been caught. They deliberately had suspicious items in their bags. They set off security alarms. They had things on them they shouldn't have.

TSA agents go through the motions and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Where did you get this information? It was not in the link provided by the OP.

Last Christmas Day, I had moved my daughter to Texas and was flying back home. When I went through security, the TSA screener asked to hand-search my bag, so I said, "Sure!". He reached in and found a lock-blade knife that I had inadvertently left in the bag when I unpacked at my daughter's new home, intending to leave it with her. I surrendered it, knowing it was my fault, continued on and flew home.

I'm sure T&A will respond to this saying they need to stick their hands down more people's pants.

Forum List

Back