Is Breitbart fake news?

Not really. It is extremely biased and slanted news - sometimes this type of 'news' is even worse than outright fabricated news.

Is Breitbart fake news?

With Bannon running the West Wing, Breitbart (may the devil tease his soul) will be regarded as the Tablets from Mt, Sinai fir the Trump lap dogs.....

Propaganda outlets are always the preferable media for despot-wanna-be's.

Not really. It is extremely biased and slanted news - sometimes this type of 'news' is even worse than outright fabricated news.
Shouldn't each citizen decides what news to believe?

Our government should not be making the decision for you.

You can believe factual information or you can believe Trump.
It doesn't get any more basic than that.

No, quite the opposite actually. The legacy/mainstream media is the biggest manufacturer and distributor of fake news. As Denzel Washington said, "If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you do read it, you're misinformed."

Edit: Breitbart isn't my number 1 source for news, but they're generally more accurate than the likes of CNN/MSNBC, etc. I mostly get my news from Associated Press, Reuters, Info Wars, The Intercept (yes, I know they lean liberal on some stuff), Wikileaks, Mark Dice, Joe Rogan, and many other YouTubers. We don't need huge corporate media anymore in this age of YouTube, podcasts, and social media.

Last edited:

Who said anything about the government deciding things for you? How did you manage to pull that out of my post?

No, quite the opposite actually. The legacy/mainstream media is the biggest manufacturer and distributor of fake news. As Denzel Washington said, "If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you do read it, you're misinformed."

Edit: Breitbart isn't my number 1 source for news, but they're generally more accurate than the likes of CNN/MSNBC, etc. I mostly get my news from Associated Press, Reuters, Info Wars, The Intercept (yes, I know they lean liberal on some stuff), Wikileaks, Mark Dice, Joe Rogan, and many other YouTubers. We don't need huge corporate media anymore in this age of YouTube, podcasts, and social media.
There is something missing when you do not have the resources to do actual investigative reporting and those on youtube and bloggers simply do not have the resources to do so.

The major news networks are failing. Unfortunately, without them there really is no real news. The question is how does real news with real investigative reporting survive in a modern structure. I am not sure it can and the loss is devastating to public knowledge.

There is something missing when you do not have the resources to do actual investigative reporting and those on youtube and bloggers simply do not have the resources to do so.

The major news networks are failing. Unfortunately, without them there really is no real news. The question is how does real news with real investigative reporting survive in a modern structure. I am not sure it can and the loss is devastating to public knowledge.

I'm all for investigative journalism, but it's just become painfully obvious that most of the legacy media has an ax to grind and oftentimes has a pre-determined conclusion that takes precedence over any investigation.

Forum List

Back