Is Breitbart fake news?

If only they were capable. Now the freedom lovers should admit that letting Russian propaganda into the minds of their people should be limited despite the cries of the propagandists.
So you know better than the people do themselves?

No dice.
I know what the average mind has heard and understands around me: little and nothing. Half the world still thinks the Ukrainians are divided to wanting to belong to Russia. Information is born easily but it never dies. All this rubbish "we can't limit the media in our country - what would the people say?" Is creating our doom.
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
Sid Meir
What about your words? Besides, it isn't information. It's misinformation.
That is the rub though, what is information and misinformation? Who gets to decide?

I can turn on any station today and virtually everything that is reported is steeped in a rather massive amount of misinformation. CNN, FOX, ABC - all presenting quite a bit of bullshit. Who is going to decide what qualifies as 'misinformation' and what is an approved message? Do you really think that Trump should be in a position to decide for the rest of us what is approved?

I reject such controls - that is for North Korea and other despotic nations. Here, we are free to compare and contrast information from any source and decide on our own what is garbage and what is worth investigating.
Not Trump, Trump is your enemy and will become the king of misinformation. Rather I mean for instance the Russian news organisation Sputnik that is playing even in Africa. They've got the shit all over the world and not a single country finds those news about them that the Russians spread to be true. And common sense asks, why are we playing it? Because we're afraid to say no.
They caused Trump to be elected with it. This is war. Information war. It isn't enough for the people decide. And I don't propose denying the access to such information. For instance banning the websites from the country or anything. They can go see it any time. But to have such radio channels and TV shows. Taking them to infect the public for money, that's dumb.

Forum List

Back