CDZ Is being a polygamist a choice?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Votto, Dec 28, 2017.

  1. TNHarley
    Offline

    TNHarley Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2012
    Messages:
    47,806
    Thanks Received:
    7,094
    Trophy Points:
    1,830
    Ratings:
    +46,176
    I am saying that maybe they suppress those feelings.
    I have a good friend in high school. When he was around 25 he finally told people he was gay. No one knew. He said he knew he was gay when he was in school but he didnt want shit to do with it. He even screwed a couple chicks so no one would wonder why he dont have a girlfriend.
    He met some dude and they moved off.
    Dont get me started on trannies either lol
     
  2. PhotoPilot
    Offline

    PhotoPilot BANNED

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2017
    Messages:
    74
    Thanks Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    21
    Ratings:
    +57
    Okay I concede that there probably are some mentally ill folks out there who are gay.
     
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. WinterBorn
    Online

    WinterBorn Gold Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2011
    Messages:
    20,945
    Thanks Received:
    3,306
    Trophy Points:
    290
    Location:
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +10,447
    The problem is that people want this to be a black & white topics. But it is an infinite spectrum of greys.

    Very few people are 100% straight or 100% gay. If you put it on a 100 point scale, with 1 being 100% homosexual and 100 being 100% heterosexual, most people would fall between 20 and 80. A woman who was a 20 or 30 could easily love her husband, but be suppressing her natural urges for the same gender.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rightwinger
    Offline

    rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2009
    Messages:
    145,664
    Thanks Received:
    23,075
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Ratings:
    +63,671
    Not really

    She put away her natural instincts in order to marry and have children

    With open acceptance of same sex couples, You will see fewer cases of women who change sexual preferences later in life
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. rightwinger
    Offline

    rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2009
    Messages:
    145,664
    Thanks Received:
    23,075
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Ratings:
    +63,671
    There are mentally ill folks who are straight also
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. PhotoPilot
    Offline

    PhotoPilot BANNED

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2017
    Messages:
    74
    Thanks Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    21
    Ratings:
    +57

    True, and anyone who is above say a 5 is at least somewhat mentally ill. I already conceded that those people exist.

    That's probably like 5% or less of the general population though. The other 95% they are at 1 and have NO desire to be sexual with a same sex partner.
     
  7. WinterBorn
    Online

    WinterBorn Gold Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2011
    Messages:
    20,945
    Thanks Received:
    3,306
    Trophy Points:
    290
    Location:
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +10,447
    I disagree. And there is research out there that shows it. But the overwhelming societal bias against gay men counters any natural tendencies. That is why women are far less hostile towards same sex contact than men.
     
  8. PhotoPilot
    Offline

    PhotoPilot BANNED

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2017
    Messages:
    74
    Thanks Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    21
    Ratings:
    +57

    There's a societal bias against gay men, because it isn't natural for those who aren't mentally ill to be gay and we innately know that.
     
  9. rightwinger
    Offline

    rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2009
    Messages:
    145,664
    Thanks Received:
    23,075
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Ratings:
    +63,671
    Personally, I have no issues with polygamy as long as it is consensual

    It is their lives...they should be allowed to set up the partnerships they are most happy with

    No harm, no foul
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TNHarley
    Offline

    TNHarley Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2012
    Messages:
    47,806
    Thanks Received:
    7,094
    Trophy Points:
    1,830
    Ratings:
    +46,176
    The govt shouldnt tell anyone who to marry or not marry. Those big govt asswipes just HAD to get involved with that as well.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1

Share This Page