CDZ Is being a polygamist a choice?

My friend tried that polygamy stuff with his wife. "But honey, you can be the #1, head honcho wife"

He got a big: :fu:

Polygamy is pretty natural, but has been taboo, probably because of Quakers or something.

Geez, I just read the worst article about it, the guy blames the Mormons, no references or anything; Garbage. The search continues..

King David had a bunch of wives. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Is opposing same gender marriage "hate" or a difference of opinion?

I'd call it more hate than difference of opinion. You having a different opinion is fine. Working to make sure your opinion is the only opinion that counts is not.

The people that support same gender marriage are doing that. Are they thus haters?

Really? Are supporters of same sex marriages demanding that opposite sex marriage be illegal? That is my point. Same sex couples getting married has no effect on opposite sex marriages.

My friend tried that polygamy stuff with his wife. "But honey, you can be the #1, head honcho wife"

Polygamy is pretty natural, but has been taboo, probably because of Quakers or something.

Geez, I just read the worst article about it, the guy blames the Mormons, no references or anything; Garbage. The search continues..

Except every reference of marriage in the Bible has wife in the singular context. King David had his best friend killed so he could take his wife too, doesn't mean it was condoned.

I'd call it more hate than difference of opinion. You having a different opinion is fine. Working to make sure your opinion is the only opinion that counts is not.

The people that support same gender marriage are doing that. Are they thus haters?

Really? Are supporters of same sex marriages demanding that opposite sex marriage be illegal? That is my point. Same sex couples getting married has no effect on opposite sex marriages.

They want their opinion to be the basis of the Law and for other viewpoints to not count at all.

That was your definition of hater above.

What about people who oppose under age marriage and incest marriage?
Are the they also bigots?
The real issue is moral standards.
Left Wingers want to force everyone to lower their moral standards and then they call people "bigots" when they resist.

What about people who oppose under age marriage and incest marriage?
Are the they also bigots?
The real issue is moral standards.
Left Wingers want to force everyone to lower their moral standards and then they call people "bigots" when they resist.
What moral standards does the right have that the left does not?

If I have one wife I am moral, but if I have two I am generous and if I have three wives it is big-of-me to be more generous..

The problem with 3 wives is the 3 mother-in-laws that go with them.

I feel the same way
Everyone thinks polygamy is about sex. Any married man can have sex with other women...he does not have to marry them

The reason I don't think I could survive in a polygamous relationship is that women are so damn demanding. I have a hard enough time with one woman ...let alone two

Except every reference of marriage in the Bible has wife in the singular context. King David had his best friend killed so he could take his wife too, doesn't mean it was condoned.

"And David took him more concubines and wives out of Jerusalem, after he was come from Hebron: and there were yet sons and daughters born to David."

2 Samuel 5:13 After he left Hebron, David took more concubines and wives in Jerusalem, and more sons and daughters were born to him.

They want their opinion to be the basis of the Law and for other viewpoints to not count at all.

That one side wants their opinion to be that only straights can marry, and the other side is only asking that THEY be allowed to marry too, is a fundamental difference.

I am polyamorous. We just don't need the gov't approval in the form of a marriage license. I know several poly households. Most have at least one marriage, but have agreements concerning the rest. It seems to work for them.

"And David took him more concubines and wives out of Jerusalem, after he was come from Hebron: and there were yet sons and daughters born to David."

2 Samuel 5:13 After he left Hebron, David took more concubines and wives in Jerusalem, and more sons and daughters were born to him.
Yeah, and? That is an historical reference to actual events, not anything God commanded or even hinted at. Heck, Noah boinked his daughters. Just historical record.

Yeah, and? That is an historical reference to actual events, not anything God commanded or even hinted at. Heck, Noah boinked his daughters. Just historical record.

Wives are often plural in The Bible.

That one side wants their opinion to be that only straights can marry, and the other side is only asking that THEY be allowed to marry too, is a fundamental difference.

That one side wanted to change society and instead of reasonably making the case for that change, instead pretended that a word meant something it had not meant in the history of this nation, and personally smeared and attacked anyone that did not agree with them, while giving a pass to certain powerful politicians,

is a fundamental difference.

Wives are often plural in The Bible.
Only in historical context. Not in instructional context.

'the two will become one flesh’, not more than two.

'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’

'You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife'

‘each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.'

Deuteronomy 17:17 forbids polygamy. Those who did not listen like David and Solomon got into big do-do for doing so.

I think there is a natural tendency for men to want to spread their genes to as many partners as possible.

I also think societal pressures make people monogamous more than any desire for monogamy.

Does that mean being gay is unnatural?
It is but what does that matter? 75% of our lives are unnatural

This is why I never understood the "it's not a choice" brigade. Why not just stand up and say the truth "Hey in America, I have the right to choose to have they gay sex, deal with it"

Forum List

Back