CDZ Is being a polygamist a choice?

This is why I never understood the "it's not a choice" brigade. Why not just stand up and say the truth "Hey in America, I have the right to choose to have they gay sex, deal with it"

Anyone has the right to choose to have or not to have sex

Has nothing to do with what you find sexually attractive

Your first line is incorrect and your second line is irrelevant to what I posted.

I'm a Trump supporter, and conservative. I disagree with any and all conservatives who are anti gay marriage. I just don't understand why some gay marriage supporters have to lie and say "they were born that way" , when obviously no they weren't , they choose to be gay, and that's their business. It's as simple as that.

I don't think everyone is born the same and then, one day, decide they are going to be gay

Why not ask gays?
They should know best

They will tell you they always felt that way and thee was no decision
I dont see why it cant be both. Do you really think no one is born being attracted to the same sex? Do you really think no one is alive who didnt change their sexuality by pure choice?
I asked gays and that is where i came up with my opinion. We dont live in a collective bubble. Regardless of how hard people try to make it that way.

I don't believe sexuality is necessarily black or white
Many people are in the gray area and can drift easily between partners of either sex

But it is none of my business and I really don't care who they choose as a partner

But you do care, and you want the state in the bedroom if they wish to marry so they can get state perks, so long as they are not one of those gross polygamists.

I would bet being aware and actually accepting something like that could take some time, depending on the person.

What kind of person would be like "oh I'm married to a man for 10 years and have 3 kids oops I'm actually gay?"

LOL no kinda person. Those women CHOOSE to be gay after being in their marriage .

Human nature is to procreate, this is proven by the fact that dirt poor people who obviously know they can't afford a child have children anyway, THAT they can't help, they are fundamentally hardwired to procreate. And THAT is why we are naturally inclined to have sex with the opposite sex. Procreation. You're not actually born to think "yum I love me some titties" , you are born to think "I must procreate with the prettiest woman I can find" and the opposite for men.

And don't even get me started on transgenders and the like LOL

The problem is that people want this to be a black & white topics. But it is an infinite spectrum of greys.

Very few people are 100% straight or 100% gay. If you put it on a 100 point scale, with 1 being 100% homosexual and 100 being 100% heterosexual, most people would fall between 20 and 80. A woman who was a 20 or 30 could easily love her husband, but be suppressing her natural urges for the same gender.

True, and anyone who is above say a 5 is at least somewhat mentally ill. I already conceded that those people exist.

That's probably like 5% or less of the general population though. The other 95% they are at 1 and have NO desire to be sexual with a same sex partner.

I disagree. And there is research out there that shows it. But the overwhelming societal bias against gay men counters any natural tendencies. That is why women are far less hostile towards same sex contact than men.

There's a societal bias against gay men, because it isn't natural for those who aren't mentally ill to be gay and we innately know that.

So why is the societal bias so much stronger against gay men than against lesbians?

Personally, I have no issues with polygamy as long as it is consensual

It is their lives...they should be allowed to set up the partnerships they are most happy with

No harm, no foul
The govt shouldnt tell anyone who to marry or not marry. Those big govt asswipes just HAD to get involved with that as well.

The gov't should not be in the marriage business at all.

What kind of person would be like "oh I'm married to a man for 10 years and have 3 kids oops I'm actually gay?"

LOL no kinda person. Those women CHOOSE to be gay after being in their marriage .

Human nature is to procreate, this is proven by the fact that dirt poor people who obviously know they can't afford a child have children anyway, THAT they can't help, they are fundamentally hardwired to procreate. And THAT is why we are naturally inclined to have sex with the opposite sex. Procreation. You're not actually born to think "yum I love me some titties" , you are born to think "I must procreate with the prettiest woman I can find" and the opposite for men.

And don't even get me started on transgenders and the like LOL

The problem is that people want this to be a black & white topics. But it is an infinite spectrum of greys.

Very few people are 100% straight or 100% gay. If you put it on a 100 point scale, with 1 being 100% homosexual and 100 being 100% heterosexual, most people would fall between 20 and 80. A woman who was a 20 or 30 could easily love her husband, but be suppressing her natural urges for the same gender.

True, and anyone who is above say a 5 is at least somewhat mentally ill. I already conceded that those people exist.

That's probably like 5% or less of the general population though. The other 95% they are at 1 and have NO desire to be sexual with a same sex partner.

I disagree. And there is research out there that shows it. But the overwhelming societal bias against gay men counters any natural tendencies. That is why women are far less hostile towards same sex contact than men.

There's a societal bias against gay men, because it isn't natural for those who aren't mentally ill to be gay and we innately know that.

So why is the societal bias so much stronger against gay men than against lesbians?

Simple, because straight men always imagine there is a chance they could get involved with 2 lesbians lol. I'm talking about lipstick lesbians, not the bull dyke variety.

Forum List

Back