Is Atheism considered a religious group?

I Consider Atheism a religion.

• Total voters

Daniyel

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2014
LA
Hello,

I Think Atheism is a religion, many atheists share the same belief, many also share same motives with other atheists, which are also reflected on other religious groups in different forms.

Atheism - Denial the existence of God..by

-Science.
Disprove other religious claims (of other religious groups)
Chance/Coincidence
-Logic/Personal insight.
Assumption
Life perspective

Peace,
Danny.

Hello,

I Think Atheism is a religion, many atheists share the same belief, many also share same motives with other atheists, which are also reflected on other religious groups in different forms.

Atheism - Denial the existence of God..by

-Science.
Disprove other religious claims (of other religious groups)
ChYou're entitled to think whatever you like, provided you understand that in this case you're wrong. ance/Coincidence
-Logic/Personal insight.
Assumption
Life perspective

Peace,
Danny.
You're entitled to think whatever you like, provided you understand that in this case you're wrong.

Belief systems aren't religions. ( so far anyway until some liberal comes along and wants to change the meaning of the word ).

In my best Richard Dawson voice: and the survey says??.... BBBZZZZZZZTTTT! FALSE! Religions are man-made and fallable. Atheism is a spirituality i.e. only follows Natures Laws, that has no man-made 'laws' that hinder, restrict and deny his Right to Existance and to Live, shape and create as he will.
There is no Natural Law that states one must be subservient, humble, like a sparrow or kiss some mythical gods ass. In atheism, as in Nature, the white race is natures finest.

The only secular Religion of which I'm aware is Big Government Statism - Progs worship The State.

You ever see an Atheist church?
Scientology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Church of Scientology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please try not to start eternal argument about specific religion or about other religions at all, I know this is a very sensitive topic, so -please- for the sake of the thread lets only talk about atheism elements/aspects without mentioning other religions.
However I gave few -can I call it facts?- that support my position, again.
All Atheists share:
1.Pride for being atheists (although they haven't found any of the facts/scientific achievements)
2.Definition about God/Higher existence
3.Definition about events/ "strange" events (Chance/Coincidence which is mathematically explained)

My apologize if I wasn't comprehensible, my English ain't awesome I know :eusa_silenced:

Peace,
Danny

Scientology is not Atheism, junior.

Depends on who you ask. Believe the UN Declaration on Human Rights which grants religious freedom includes words to the effect of everyone has the right to no-belief as well as belief. In effect, classifying atheism/secularism with other religions.

In general though I'd say it has numerous things in common with religion, but isn't strictly speaking a religion having significant enough differences with them. Not having a central deity for starters forcing its' will on its worshippers as with proper religions. But in their fervor to convince others they're right, they do share that in common.

The mistake theists make is to assume – as a consequence of their arrogance – that religion is 'fact,' and to infer that to reject the 'fact' of religion constitutes a 'belief.'

Needless to say nothing could be further from the truth.

The fact is religion is the contrivance, the aberration, the fabricated belief system designed to assuage man's fear of death and compel conformity. To reject the falsehood of religion, therefore, is to acknowledge the truth that for the vast majority of human history man existed free from the bane of religion; acknowledging this fact is not 'belief,' and to correctly understand the truth that religion and god are creations of man is not in of itself 'religion.'

I wish it was, then we would get all the special tax privileges other religions get.

The mistake theists make is to assume – as a consequence of their arrogance – that religion is 'fact,' and to infer that to reject the 'fact' of religion constitutes a 'belief.'

The fact is religion is the contrivance, the aberration, the fabricated belief system designed to assuage man's fear of death and compel conformity. To reject the falsehood of religion, therefore, is to acknowledge the truth that for the vast majority of human history man existed free from the bane of religion; acknowledging this fact is not 'belief,' and to correctly understand the truth that religion and god are creations of man is not in of itself 'religion.'

I think you are confusing belief with fact. Possibly out of arrogance?

The religion is collection/series of evidences gather under big title baring its name (most respectfully of course) since not disproved/proved differently it assumed to be true..Science can disprove/prove differently many religious evidences.
The belief is not the precise word, faith was the word I was looking for.
faith is supposedly not to be found in atheists, which doesn't have God/High Powers but this is also the same about religious people, they tend to have faith in the evidence, that this is true, relating the collection of evidences, that shape the so-called belief, as a faith-based conclusion.

Peace,
Danny.

Forum List

Back