Is any presidential candidate of the last 20 years comparable to Hitler?

forkup

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2016
I've seen posts here calling Obama a facist and Trump comparable to Hitler. I want to compare and see if either of those claims holds water. Or if somebody wants to throw somebody else in the mix feel free lol.

If that was an insult I've got trouble following, wich kinda validates your statement lol. The way I see it I believe I can make a strong case for Trump being similar.I just want to see if anybody an make a case for anybody else.

So far I haven't seen concentration camps, piles of skeletal bodies, mass graves or bizarre medical experiments in the last 20 years. So I would say no one.

So far I haven't seen concentration camps, piles of skeletal bodies, mass graves or bizarre medical experiments in the last 20 years. So I would say no one.
you didn't see any of those until Hitler came to power. To me the lvl of demagoguery shown by Trump. The violence during his rallies agaist dissenting voices. Te sheer vindictiveness and blatant racism makes it pretty reminsent of his rise to power.

It very well might be a stupid question and I understand that it's also a very loaded one. But I don't think you can deny the kind of retoric we've seen this election cycle, mainly by Trump has never been expierenced before. It's very well possible, even likely that I'm competely wrong. But when someone gets endorsed by the Klu Klux Klan and other white supremisist groups some alarmbells need to ring.

It very well might be a stupid question and I understand that it's also a very loaded one. But I don't think you can deny the kind of retoric we've seen this election cycle, mainly by Trump has never been expierenced before. It's very well possible, even likely that I'm competely wrong. But when someone gets endorsed by the Klu Klux Klan and other white supremisist groups some alarmbells need to ring.
President Obama got the support of the New Black Panthers Hillary or Bernie will almost surely get the support of Black Lives Matter neither of which are moderate mainstream groups. That doesn't make them comparable to Hitler and no candidate has any control over who chooses to endorse them I don't support Trump but to compare him or any Presidential candidate to Hitler is beyond silly.

President Obama got the support of the New Black Panthers Hillary or Bernie will almost surely get the support of Black Lives Matter neither of which are moderate mainstream groups. That doesn't make them comparable to Hitler and no candidate has any control over who chooses to endorse them I don't support Trump but to compare him or any Presidential candidate to Hitler is beyond silly.
point taken Blackhawk. Like I said I'm probably wrong, god I hope I am actually. The reason I don't see it as out of the realm of possibility tough is simply because I feel Trump is such a big narcissist that he might be inclined to use the giant military machine the US posesses. If he's just politicing and he's actually a rational human being nothing happens. I'm just not convinced he is rational. I read an article last week about mein kampf and Hitler talked about the destruction of the jews in that book and the public response was he's just politicing. I saw a presidential candidate saying that one of his plans to stop terrorism was to go after the terrorists family. Now it might be posturing but it doesn't sound rational.

I saw a presidential candidate saying that one of his plans to stop terrorism was to go after the terrorists family. Now it might be posturing but it doesn't sound rational.
That is Israel's official policy to bulldoze down the family home of a suspected terrorist. This leaves homeless his innocent mother, father, brothers, sisters, grandparents, etc.

And most American's rabidly support anything that Israel does. ..... :cool:

I saw a presidential candidate saying that one of his plans to stop terrorism was to go after the terrorists family. Now it might be posturing but it doesn't sound rational.
That is Israel's official policy to bulldoze down the family home of a suspected terrorist. This leaves homeless his innocent mother, father, brothers, sisters, grandparents, etc.

And most American's rabidly support anything that Israel does. ..... :cool:
First of all it's not right, plain and simple. Second this is a simple case of real politik. It's morally wrong, yet the us feels it needs to support Israel for the simple reason that Israel is the only Western style democracy in that region. Third the reaction of the Jewish ppl, however morally wrong is also understandable. They are a ppl who basicly have been driven from their ancesteral lands 2 thousand years ago, to become the worlds punching bag and when they got that country back they addopted an attitude we'll be nobody's punching bag ever again. Resulting in overeacting when they feel threatened. It doesn't help the affected ppl of course but that's how it is. Bit of point but what the heck

Last edited:
It's morally wrong, yet the us feels it needs to support Israel for the simple reason that Israel is the only Western style democracy in that region.
Just more zionist propaganda spread by the neocons and Israel.

Turkey, Egypt, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, and Pakistan, are all democracies that hold free elections. ..... :cool:

I've seen posts here calling Obama a facist and Trump comparable to Hitler. I want to compare and see if either of those claims holds water. Or if somebody wants to throw somebody else in the mix feel free lol.
Only to partisan ideologues.

They'll say pretty much anything, regardless of how absurd it is.

But I think they actually convince themselves that it's true, that's the bizarre part.

It's morally wrong, yet the us feels it needs to support Israel for the simple reason that Israel is the only Western style democracy in that region.
Just more zionist propaganda spread by the neocons and Israel.

Turkey, Egypt, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, and Pakistan, are all democracies that hold free elections. ..... :cool:
Hey sunni man I'm not defending the actions at all. I have a decent sense of history and I find it appalling that a ppl that has suffered so much learned so little from the expirience. I just pointed out the reasonings. Think I put morally wrong in there a few times and I mean that.

No, Trump isn't another Hitler.

He is more like Putin.

A nationalist that loves his country and wants to make it great again. ..... :cool:
I hear that alot. Can you explain to me when america stopped being great and why you feel Trump is the answer?

I hear that alot. Can you explain to me when america stopped being great and why you feel Trump is the answer?
Flat economy, trillions in debt, thousands of illegal's crossing our southern border every week, Detroit....need I say more, gangs rule the inner cities, infrastructure crumbling, failed useless wars that gain nothing, our factories moving to other countries, I could go on and on.

btw I never said that I supported Trump or that he was the answer to our problems. .... :cool:

Flat economy, trillions in debt, thousands of illegal's crossing our southern border every week, Detroit....need I say more, gangs rule the inner cities, infrastructure crumbling, failed useless wars that gain nothing, our factories moving to other countries, I could go on and on.

btw I never said that I supported Trump or that he was the answer to our problems. .... :cool:
Sorry I felt it was kinda implied. Anyways all those problems you just mentioned these feelings of general malaise is to me exactly why I think Trump is so dangerous. He's tapping not in the positive but in the negative. Fear, greed the feeling that outsiders are to blame. It's very easy to start hating in that kinda envirement. That's how he gets his support. And like I said before i have a good sense of history and that's where it usuallly leads.

Forum List

Back