Is America ready for a openly gay Supreme Court justice?"

This continues to be a thread about the two Supreme Court Justice nominees, and no one wants to discuss how fantastic it is that two lesbians have risen to be held in such esteem to be candidates for such a high honor.

I'm happy for them and the country.

Why does it even matter that they're lesbians? Who is this issue important to?

This continues to be a thread about the two Supreme Court Justice nominees, and no one wants to discuss how fantastic it is that two lesbians have risen to be held in such esteem to be candidates for such a high honor.

because it isn't fantastic. No one should care what their orientation is. Only their qualifications should be looked at. Same as Obama being the first man of color to be president. Too much was made of the history being made instead of whether or not he was qualified for the job.

Then you need to re-read it. It was explained. Repeatedly. I'm not going to draw you a fucking picture.

this is her usual game.... don't take it personally.

Yeah, I'm fierce. You can catch me at this "game" all the time, being calm and polite. Never calling people names or other unnecessary rudeness. I'm definitely 1 to watch out for. :)

You DO tend to imply that other people are stupid for not understanding you when it is you who misunderstands or won't admit to something.

I wonder what the position of homosexual USSC Judges will be with respect to abortion ?

If he/she applies the law equitably, equally and in accords with the constitution and other state laws, then his/her sexual orientation should matter. See the Demohypocrites (as do many Repubhypocrites) are so concerned with get a minority, women or homo on the court that they always lose site of the most important criteria for Supreme Court Justice - Who is the most qualified! If that turns out to be a Black, Mexican, Women, Caucasian or Gay, then pick that person!

I wonder what the position of homosexual USSC Judges will be with respect to abortion ?

LOL, imagine if Obama picked a homo who was pro-life! That would put the liberals in a hysteria, much like the hypocritical black nanny state protesters argued against Justice Thomas.

However, with the most pro-choice President in US history there is fat chance of that happening!

With shit like this, conservatives can no longer claim that their opposition to hate crime laws and gay marriage are based on "tradition" or other bullshit. Its simply because they don't like gays, and opposition to appointing a gay supreme court justice is bigotry, clear and simple.

shows what you dont know Nik....i work with 2 pretty liberal people who are not comfortable with gayness...as usual your way off base

Thats nice. Liberals generally don't try to institutionalize discrimination, despite the fact that they may be uncomfortable.

It mostly matters to conservatives and those in the GLBT community.

this is her usual game.... don't take it personally.

Yeah, I'm fierce. You can catch me at this "game" all the time, being calm and polite. Never calling people names or other unnecessary rudeness. I'm definitely 1 to watch out for. :)

You DO tend to imply that other people are stupid for not understanding you when it is you who misunderstands or won't admit to something.

Do I? Do you have any proof of that?

It mostly matters to conservatives and those in the GLBT community.

Which 1 are you?

With shit like this, conservatives can no longer claim that their opposition to hate crime laws and gay marriage are based on "tradition" or other bullshit. Its simply because they don't like gays, and opposition to appointing a gay supreme court justice is bigotry, clear and simple.

shows what you dont know Nik....i work with 2 pretty liberal people who are not comfortable with gayness...as usual your way off base

Thats nice. Liberals generally don't try to institutionalize discrimination, despite the fact that they may be uncomfortable.

Really? I thought Affirmative Action was a liberal idea.

You plan on applying?

why...are you the chapter president?

why can't you answer the questions about what is really a homophobe? why do you run away from tough discussions?

do you support a father and daugher marrying? would you support a father who married his daughter and now has kids with her, for a justice position on the united states supreme court?
Answered. I guess you only read what you want to read.

please show me where you answered this:

do you support a father and daugher marrying? would you support a father who married his daughter and now has kids with her, for a justice position on the united states supreme court?

Then why does it matter to you?

What makes you think it does?

You're posting in this thread.

Perhaps you need some critical reasoning skills then. My posts in this thread have mostly been to make fun of conservative hypocrisy. I find it hilarious that they can no longer hide behind a "justification" for their homophobia. Its all front and center now.

What makes you think it does?

You're posting in this thread.

Perhaps you need some critical reasoning skills then. My posts in this thread have mostly been to make fun of conservative hypocrisy. I find it hilarious that they can no longer hide behind a "justification" for their homophobia. Its all front and center now.

the only thing hilarious is you thinking you've shown any hypocrisy and you clinging to liberal parrot talking points and sticking to the tired "homophobia" approach...any rational mind can see the hypocrisy shown is all on the liberal side

Forum List

Back