CDZ Is allowing human beings to stay in a state of primitivism moral?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I saw this from Aaronland......about the guy killed with arrows from a Tribe of primitives who are quarantined from the modern world...

American killed by bow and arrow-wielding tribe while trying to visit remote Indian island

Visitation to North Sentinel Island is heavily restricted by the Indian government and contact with the Sentinelese tribe who lives there is illegal to protect their indigenous way of life and prevent the spread of diseases.

So.......these people will apparently be allowed to stay in a primitive state of existence for eternity? Is that moral? Considering how far advanced the rest of the world is? Do we, as humans, owe them the chance to have better lives, better health, children that live past the age of 5, women who won't die during childbirth, a chance to become astronauts, or accountants?

Is it moral to force your way of life on another?

I don't know....I am just wondering....... we always discuss how to help the homeless....aren't these people in the same situation?

I don't know....I am just wondering....... we always discuss how to help the homeless....aren't these people in the same situation?
I don't think it's the same.

That said some homeless people don't want help others do.

It is clear this tribe wants nothing to do with anyone so why not leave them be?

Not sure what you mean. Aren't they home there, on the island?

The homeless are often in a situation they can't improve without help....these natives are in a situation they can't improve on their own.....should they be helped.

The homeless are often in a situation they can't improve without help....these natives are in a situation they can't improve on their own.....should they be helped.

Homeless who want help also want to have their situation improved. Some don't want help at all and they don't want you to "improve " their lives

This tribe and the people have no desire to have their lives "improved" or interfered with it is their call not ours

Is it moral to be a parent?

I'm not a parent so I'll reserve judgement
The question was not asked implying that parenting is or isn't moral. It was asked in order to confront the reader with the fact that imposing will on others always occurs; sometimes constructively, sometimes less so. It cannot be categorically avoided, and certainly not condemned. It has to be understood and put in proportion.
After all, we are sharing a language that we didn't really want to learn at the time.

Is it moral to be a parent?

I'm not a parent so I'll reserve judgement
The question was not asked implying that parenting is or isn't moral. It was asked to confront the reader with the fact that imposing will on others always occurs; sometimes constructively, sometimes less so. It cannot be categorically avoided, and certainly not condemned. It has to be understood and put in proportion.
After all, we are sharing a language that we didn't really want to learn at the time.

Children are not adults and it can be argued that children will not survive if their parents don't take control but at the age of majority those offspring are no longer children and do not have to allow their parents to control them anymore.

A tribe (culture) like the one we are speaking of has its own structure that the people live within and they apparently do not want anyone else to be part of that structure. So who are we to say they have to be made to behave otherwise?

If we could communicate with them, perhaps things would be a lot clearer. If they refuse to communicate, and they aren't going out to afflict others, and if there is no sign that some are being kept against their will, etc., then it seems they should be left alone. It is an exception that proves the rule, quite literally.

Homeless who want help also want to have their situation improved. Some don't want help at all and they don't want you to "improve " their lives

This tribe and the people have no desire to have their lives "improved" or interfered with it is their call not ours

Should help be offered? Should these people be approached and offered help? So they can choose to accept or deny it? What about their children when they grow up....should they be offered help when they reach 17, 18 years of age.....like the Amish when they go out into the world for a year?

If we could communicate with them, perhaps things would be a lot clearer. If they refuse to communicate, and they aren't going out to afflict others, and if there is no sign that some are being kept against their will, etc., then it seems they should be left alone. It is an exception that proves the rule, quite literally.

Should there be yearly attempts to communicate with them? To see if they change their mind?

Should help be offered? Should these people be approached and offered help? So they can choose to accept or deny it? What about their children when they grow up....should they be offered help when they reach 17, 18 years of age.....like the Amish when they go out into the world for a year?

It's quite obvious they don't want anyone to step on their little island in the middle of nowhere for any reason

I see no reason to interfere with them whatsoever

I saw this from Aaronland......about the guy killed with arrows from a Tribe of primitives who are quarantined from the modern world...

American killed by bow and arrow-wielding tribe while trying to visit remote Indian island

Visitation to North Sentinel Island is heavily restricted by the Indian government and contact with the Sentinelese tribe who lives there is illegal to protect their indigenous way of life and prevent the spread of diseases.

So.......these people will apparently be allowed to stay in a primitive state of existence for eternity? Is that moral? Considering how far advanced the rest of the world is? Do we, as humans, owe them the chance to have better lives, better health, children that live past the age of 5, women who won't die during childbirth, a chance to become astronauts, or accountants?

No, of course not. You are scaring me 2aguy. That is a very liberal perspective - assume that their life is subpar and you know what is better for them. That is where religion goes off the rail. Assuming you have to preach and convert others to your god. Live and let live I say.

The reality is their population is so small, that any outside contact would expose them to viruses and diseases for which they have no resistance, and you’d wipe them out completely.

No, of course not. You are scaring me 2aguy. That is a very liberal perspective - assume that their life is subpar and you know what is better for them. That is where religion goes off the rail. Assuming you have to preach and convert others to your god. Live and let live I say.

The reality is their population is so small, that any outside contact would expose them to viruses and diseases for which they have no resistance, and you’d wipe them out completely.

No....I am asking the question. Seeking debate. As to diseases, we have medicine...which they might need for other illnesses that afflict them........ don't you wonder if they really understood the world, if they would want their children to have more and better than what they have now....

Okay, new question.... if you were like them...would you want your children to have a better future.....living past 32, living without having your wife die in childbirth due to easily dealt with complications? You know, the basics...

Should there be yearly attempts to communicate with them? To see if they change their mind?

The Indian Government has tried. There have been numerous encounters and attempts to communicate with the folks. They’ve made it clear many times they just want to be left alone.

Forum List

Back