Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Maybe, if there was nothing else on

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
Flipping through the channels the other night when I caught someone talking about an Al Jezera english speaking station. Did I hear this right? and if I did, where is it going to air? here?

Then you got to ask yourself who is going to watch it? Imo, alot of people, and I mean millions and millions of people here in the US. People will watch for all kinds of reasons, from looking for lies and flaws, to conspiracy theorists who will eat this shit up. Sponsors will be lining up around the block until someone starts a boycott, then the sponsors will back off seaming to be American until everything dies down and then they will go back. I would watch just to see what the other side has to say out of there own mouths instead of Glenn Beck, Fox, CNN, and MSNBC interpeting it for me.

so what do you think, is Al Jezera a good idea here in the US?

Few carriers have it as an option

Al Jazeera English is available via satellite across all of North America free to air via GlobeCast World TV on Galaxy 19 on the Ku band in DVB format. As of 2011, only a small number of Americans were able to watch the channel on their televisions.[46] Among the markets where it was available was were Toledo and Sandusky, Ohio; Burlington, Vermont; Houston, Texas; and Washington, DC.[47] Industry giant Comcast originally planned to carry Al Jazeera English in 2007, but reversed its decision shortly before the channel's launch, citing "the already-saturated television market".[48] The two major American satellite providers, DirecTV and Dish Network, had similar plans but also changed their minds, with speculation that the decision may have been influenced by allegations by the Bush administration of "anti-American bias" in the channel.[49]
Al Jazeera English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the mean time:
Al Jazeera English: Live Stream - Watch Now - Al Jazeera English

Few carriers have it as an option

Al Jazeera English is available via satellite across all of North America free to air via GlobeCast World TV on Galaxy 19 on the Ku band in DVB format. As of 2011, only a small number of Americans were able to watch the channel on their televisions.[46] Among the markets where it was available was were Toledo and Sandusky, Ohio; Burlington, Vermont; Houston, Texas; and Washington, DC.[47] Industry giant Comcast originally planned to carry Al Jazeera English in 2007, but reversed its decision shortly before the channel's launch, citing "the already-saturated television market".[48] The two major American satellite providers, DirecTV and Dish Network, had similar plans but also changed their minds, with speculation that the decision may have been influenced by allegations by the Bush administration of "anti-American bias" in the channel.[49]
Al Jazeera English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the mean time:
Al Jazeera English: Live Stream - Watch Now - Al Jazeera English

I stand corrected.

I already use their english website as one of my sources for middle east news. I like seeing how their opinions shade their coverage of events in comparison to how our liberal old media and conservative FOX news' opinions shade it.

I tell you one thing us getting inolved in libya is going to come back to bite us in the butt. It will not make us look good in the end at all.

not to mention we are already in 2 wars and a financial crisis so we can't afford to get involved in this 3rd war.

I already use their english website as one of my sources for middle east news. I like seeing how their opinions shade their coverage of events in comparison to how our liberal old media and conservative FOX news' opinions shade it.

I tell you one thing us getting inolved in libya is going to come back to bite us in the butt. It will not make us look good in the end at all.

not to mention we are already in 2 wars and a financial crisis so we can't afford to get involved in this 3rd war.

We're doing a service to the Islamic movement in the Middle East.

Any dictator has two choices. Stay around and shoot their people when they get out of line, then draw NATO into the fight, or leave now and allow a theocracy to form in their place isolating Israel even more.

Forum List

Back