Is a $5,000 deductible Obamacare policy fair to the poor?

A male 20 year old, making 20 k, qualifies for a Silver 87 plan, the third one over from the left.... with cost sharing reductions, it is affordable and is full coverage, UNLIKE the BRONZE lower coverage plans....

POORER PEOPLE ARE MAKING HUGE MISTAKES by going and buying a lower level Bronze Plan with these huge deductibles and out of pocket expenses, without seeing what a silver plan would cost them with full coverage and the gvt help of Cost Sharing Reduction...ONLY APPLIED to these Silver Plans....

View attachment 38794
ROFL
And what are you laughing at...RK?

Do you not understand that a poorer person must choose one of the Silver Plans in order to get the ADDITIONAL help from the government? HELP that is in ADDITION to their Premium Subsidy, so that they DO NOT have to pay the $6000 in out of pocket expenses or the $5000 deductibles per individual?
It's not about maximizing the amount of money you can shill from the tax payer or minimizing your deductible. It's about getting the health care you need for the least amount of money. You are focused like a laser on maximum out of pocket costs. All the while completely ignoring minimum out of pocket costs for the premiums. Maybe you are not healthy and you max out your deductible each year. As for me and my family so far, knock on wood, we have only maxed out our deductibles twice in 30years. The rest of those years we never even came close to maxing out of pockets.
I am focused on the Poor, which is what the title of this thread speaks of and what this thread is suppose to be ABOUT, Rkm.

And those that are poor, who take out a silver Plan which is better than the Bronze level plan in Coverage, the government comes in and pays for a good portion of your deductibles and a good portion of your yearly out of pocket expense, and reduces your copays so that these poor people can afford it...can afford to go to the doctor all the time if they are sick or to go to the doctor just a handful of times a year if you are just normal.

And for a male 20 year old making $20k a year that MaBelle gave as an example, could get a policy in zip 90210, for a $76 premium a month, which IS affordable, with $15 copays for Doctor's visits, which is also affordable, and with $5 copays for generic prescriptions, which is also affordable....

There is no $5000 deductibles that have to be paid out of pocket and everything is affordable.... according to the fees it shows in black and white for the various medical care.
Yes, I'm sure there are certain situations where even larger amounts of tax payer funds can be used to lower the out of pocket expenses for some of these welfare recipients. There will also be cases where the bronze plan makes more sense.

A male 20 year old, making 20 k, qualifies for a Silver 87 plan, the third one over from the left.... with cost sharing reductions, it is affordable and is full coverage, UNLIKE the BRONZE lower coverage plans....

POORER PEOPLE ARE MAKING HUGE MISTAKES by going and buying a lower level Bronze Plan with these huge deductibles and out of pocket expenses, without seeing what a silver plan would cost them with full coverage and the gvt help of Cost Sharing Reduction...ONLY APPLIED to these Silver Plans....

View attachment 38794
ROFL

Do you not understand that a poorer person must choose one of the Silver Plans in order to get the ADDITIONAL help from the government? HELP that is in ADDITION to their Premium Subsidy, so that they DO NOT have to pay the $6000 in out of pocket expenses or the $5000 deductibles per individual?
It's not about maximizing the amount of money you can shill from the tax payer or minimizing your deductible. It's about getting the health care you need for the least amount of money. You are focused like a laser on maximum out of pocket costs. All the while completely ignoring minimum out of pocket costs for the premiums. Maybe you are not healthy and you max out your deductible each year. As for me and my family so far, knock on wood, we have only maxed out our deductibles twice in 30years. The rest of those years we never even came close to maxing out of pockets.

there are silver plans out there with no deductible no out of pocket

however the ones for the guy who made 14 grand a year

the silver premium like that came out to 486 dollars a month

as if that is even realistic for that income

--LOL
Why would you want a plan with no deductible at all unless you were planning on or knew you were gravely ill and was going to be in the hospital 24/7 or going to the Doctor 7 times a week, 52 weeks a year?

For $76 dollars a month premium, this guy making $20k has to pay nothing for his wellness visit and then only $15 for his doctor's visits after that, and even if he needs lab work, his deductible is only $15 and if he needs x rays his deductibles is only $20? He has a yearly deductible of $500 but that does NOT have to be paid all upfront...as shown above he pays $15 deductible for Lab work, and then that $15 comes out of the total deductible of the yearly $500.

My State has similar Silver 87 Plans for those poorer citizens, cost Sharing Reduction Plans as California, and I am certain, every State does, since it is part of the Law itself.

Why would you want a plan with no deductible at all

who the fuck wouldnt

are ya frikkin nutz or what

medicaid has zero deductibles for example

you get more absurd by the post

--LOL
Why would you want a plan with no deductible at all unless you were planning on or knew you were gravely ill and was going to be in the hospital 24/7 or going to the Doctor 7 times a week, 52 weeks a year?

For $76 dollars a month premium, this guy making $20k has to pay nothing for his wellness visit and then only $15 for his doctor's visits after that, and even if he needs lab work, his deductible is only $15 and if he needs x rays his deductibles is only $20? He has a yearly deductible of $500 but that does NOT have to be paid all upfront...as shown above he pays $15 deductible for Lab work, and then that $15 comes out of the total deductible of the yearly $500.

My State has similar Silver 87 Plans for those poorer citizens, cost Sharing Reduction Plans as California, and I am certain, every State does, since it is part of the Law itself.

who the fuck wouldnt

I still don't see what PP/ACA offers the poor that they did not have with Medicaid.

[

--LOL

who the fuck wouldnt

I still don't see what PP/ACA offers the poor that they did not have with Medicaid.

the poor are far worse off now

that is why they are choosing to pay the fine

View attachment 38774
The point is, that your title is incorrect and your assumptions about this woman's policy is probably incorrect as well.

The poor, yes, your title SAID the poor on the Exchange have to pay $5000 deductibles and that is simply NOT TRUE, the poor get extra help in paying those deductibles and copays, with a Silver plan, on the exchange....they may have opted OUT of the silver plan, but that was their decision not to get the extra help.

I don't believe you intentionally mislead us, I think you, along with a lot of other people are unaware of the full program for the poorest on the exchange.

It's not like it is ADVERTISED on TV that there are cost sharing programs for the poorest on the exchange in addition to their subsidy for the premiums.... you have to research to find these things out, which I did over a year or two ago, when all of you guys kept mentioning the $5000 deductibles for the poor...and I volunteered at the community church to help the poor sign up.

Exchange have to pay $5000 deductibles and that is simply NOT TRUE

bs why do you keep lying

i have posted several policies for the poor on this thread

that show the poor paying much more then 5000

5000 deductible plus 5000 out of pocket plus 50 percent co insurance
Covered California

Bronze plans for Covered CA, single male earning $20k a year $5k deductible.

The verbiage has changed to make it look so pretty.

And of course the darn link doesn't work. Broken, just like everything Californian
MaBelle,

You wrongly put in for a bronze plan.

Please do that same exercise and put in for a SILVER PLAN.

POST 115 shows that if a single man makes between $11500 to $29000 they are eligible to receive a second/additional supplement with COST SHARING REDUCTION AS LONG AS they pick a SILVER LEVEL PLAN.

There is no additional help with a bronze plan.

IT MUST BE A SILVER LEVEL PLAN.

A SILVER PLAN

A SILVER PLAN

A SILVER PLAN

NOT a BRONZE.

Please try it, use your same example of 20 years old, single male etc ans show us what it says the coverage is for that with his additional subsidy CSR.

IT MUST BE A SILVER LEVEL PLAN.

bs

why bother to even offer bronze plans if they cant have them

--LOL
GAWD you are slow in picking up all of this and understanding all of this and actually reading the charts that the Health Care State program shows and what has been put before your very eyes.

Please Drink some more coffee, and WAKE UP!

It must be a
Silver Level Plan in order for the government to come in and give additional help with their Cost Sharing Reduction plan for the poorer. The law made the rule, for it to be a Silver Plan...probably becasue it is so much better coverage than these Bronze plans...and if the gvt is going to help you further with your medical care and conditions, then they want to make certain that your health care coverage is worth them paying for?

They can still choose to buy in to a bronze plan if they want to save a few bucks a month for the monthly premium.

BUT they are more than likely IGNORANT to do such and are UNAWARE of how the Cost Sharing Reductions work, and that in order to get some additional help, they must purchase a /silver Plan.

But the sites for Healthcare DO PASTE IT ALL OVER THE PLACE, that a Silver plan must be purchased in order to get additional savings and help...I pasted a copy of it previously and here it is again, in the first paragraph, after I had entered in 20yr male, $20k a year... below this copy and paste, it gives choices of different Silver plan policies from lowest price to most expensive...
I showed that earlier too where it gives the kind of costs per coverage on this special cost reduction plan.

NOTE!
Silver Plan Benefits
Based on your income and household size, you may qualify for Cost Sharing Reduction, which means you may be able to get improved benefits on the Enhanced Silver Plan you qualify for with no additional cost. You can get these improved benefits with any of the carriers listed below as long as you apply for a Silver Plan. View the Silver Plans in your quotes to see which Enhanced Silver Plan you qualify for.

View attachment 38796

This 20 yr old qualified for the SILVER 87 plan, it is reasonable and could be managed on his income.

you find one policy for one state

which btw has deductibles not only for medical but drugs as well --LOL

on an information sheet not a policy

then apply that to all the poor

--LOL

--LOL

who the fuck wouldnt

nothing actually less a lot less

--LOL

who the fuck wouldnt

I THINK YOU ARE UNAWARE OF THIS or you would not have made that statement Road runner....but these poor people on the exchange DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE, qualified for MEDICAID....even with the very low incomes that they have...!!!!!

If they go to the exchange to apply for the Obamacare insurance and they qualify for MEDICAID, then they CAN NOT get one of the bronze, silver, or gold insurance policies on the Exchange and get government subsidies.... they are denied the exchange and shuffled to State MEDICAID.

--LOL

who the fuck wouldnt

You gave the example of paying around $450 a month as the premium to have a NO DEDUCTIBLE policy didn't you?

And I gave the example of paying $76 a month with subsidy or $126 a month without subsidy assistance for an insurance plan that covers 87 percent of all his medical needs including hospitalization with a $500 accumulating deductible and YOU would really pick a $450 a month plan just so you can have no deductibles?

:lol::lol:

[

who the fuck wouldnt

the poor are far worse off now

that is why they are choosing to pay the fine

I totally disagree. The poorest on the exchange never qualified for MEDICAID, so they never had healthcare insurance....those without healthcare insurance die younger than those with insurance or with the money to routinely visit their doctors and get all of the routine tests for their age groups.... They tend to become sicker and gravely ill....with their health care through the emergency rooms...all quite expensive and very poor preventative care.

The poorest on the exchange with COST SHARING Reductions along with subsidy help are much better off, especially in the long run.

The middle class that do not have insurance through their employer and did not previously buy insurance, and have gone to the exchange.... I'm certain are in sticker shock...

But the poorest qualifiers on the exchange are taken care of IF THEY SELECT a SILVER plan....

And they should be encouraged to select a Silver plan with the ADDITIONAL cost sharing reductions given to them and NOT to select a Bronze plan.

--LOL

who the fuck wouldnt

I THINK YOU ARE UNAWARE OF THIS or you would not have made that statement Road runner....but these poor people on the exchange DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE, qualified for MEDICAID....even with the very low incomes that they have...!!!!!

If they go to the exchange to apply for the Obamacare insurance and they qualify for MEDICAID, then they CAN NOT get one of the bronze, silver, or gold insurance policies on the Exchange and get government subsidies.... they are denied the exchange and shuffled to State MEDICAID.
I made it a point all my life not to be poor.

If I wasn't making enough money, I upped my skills set.

I advise the poor to do that and quit being dependent.

We have the fattest poor on earth, and most of their health problems are because we feed them too damned much.

Poor is a state of mind that can be overcome.

No sympathy here.

--LOL

who the fuck wouldnt

We have the fattest poor on earth, and most of their health problems are because we feed them too damned much.

No sympathy here.
Sure!
Just hit the Easy Peasy Button!

who the fuck wouldnt

No sympathy here.
Sure!
In the land of free basic education, and free trade school, poverty is a choice.

Known too many poor blacks and whites that escaped it.

Sorry if that does not jive with your image of the poor.

--LOL

who the fuck wouldnt

Jimminey Cricket, ignorance continues to be bliss for you, eh?

who the fuck wouldnt

No sympathy here.
Sure!
In the land of free basic education, and free trade school, poverty is a choice.

It's been done by many who are poor, I've done it myself.... but I had a middle class family with both parents, still married to each other and excellent schools.... and although my parents never lent a hand financially during my poverty period, they were a backbone to my eventual success and drive to succeed on my own.....

It still was not easy, and one road block after another to make it through, one flat tire that sets you back again, one high fever cold that keeps you away from your hourly wage of which you need every penny that sets you back again etc etc etc..... sure it can be done, but in no way can it be done by everyone, all of the time....unless we give them a leg up....a good education would be a good start.

No sympathy here.
Sure!

It's been done by many who are poor, I've done it myself.... but I had a middle class family with both parents, still married to each other and excellent schools.... and although my parents never lent a hand financially during my poverty period, they were a backbone to my eventual success and drive to succeed on my own.....

It still was not easy, and one road block after another to make it through, one flat tire that sets you back again, one high fever cold that keeps you away from your hourly wage of which you need every penny that sets you back again etc etc etc..... sure it can be done, but in no way can it be done by everyone, all of the time....unless we give them a leg up....a good education would be a good start.

Two top causes of poverty are dropping out and having babies out of wedlock.

Both, bad personal choices.

No sympathy here.
Sure!

Yawn. You're not special. The only people who don't make it on their own are the ones that buy into the bullcarp meme that the man is holding them down.

No sympathy here.
Sure!

Yawn. You're not special. The only people who don't make it on their own are the ones that buy into the bullcarp meme that the man is holding them down.
Only for someone shallow, like you appear to be...with the inability to put themselves in someone elses shoes, with the inability to empathize, with the inability to see all that is in front of the other person struggling....

Sorry, I just don't have it in me, to be a pompous, cold blooded reptile...

Nor am I completely blind or do I think I am something "special", what I was saying is that I am aware that I had a good family as my backbone, that gave me the education and drive to succeed, if not just by the luxuries that I was accustomed to when living and relying on them as my parents that also gave me incentive to get out of poverty and the security of knowing that my parents did it, so I could do it too attitude....

NOT ALL people have such family backbone... they can still succeed, but in no way am I going to think they can do it as easy as I could do it... It's a battle and a struggle the whole way out of poverty for some, and for some, they never make it...and some never even had a chance of making it out of poverty...some due to their own early in life mistakes, but some, because everything is stacked against them....beginning with a lousy home life and poor education.

No sympathy here.
Sure!

Only for someone shallow, like you appear to be...with the inability to put themselves in someone elses shoes, with the inability to empathize, with the inability to see all that is in front of the other person struggling....

Sorry, I just don't have it in me, to be a pompous, cold blooded reptile...

Nor am I completely blind or do I think I am something "special", what I was saying is that I am aware that I had a good family as my backbone, that gave me the education and drive to succeed, if not just by the luxuries that I was accustomed to when living and relying on them as my parents that also gave me incentive to get out of poverty and the security of knowing that my parents did it, so I could do it too attitude....

NOT ALL people have such family backbone... they can still succeed, but in no way am I going to think they can do it as easy as I could do it... It's a battle and a struggle the whole way out of poverty for some, and for some, they never make it...and some never even had a chance of making it out of poverty...some due to their own early in life mistakes, but some, because everything is stacked against them....beginning with a lousy home life and poor education.
Your empathy for failure is what makes some people fail. If a kid "flunks" a class cause he didn't study for it, I'm sure you'll pat them on the back and "empathize" with them.

--LOL

who the fuck wouldnt

Jimminey Cricket, ignorance continues to be bliss for you, eh?
oh my --LOL

Forum List

Back