Is a $5,000 deductible Obamacare policy fair to the poor?

Roadrunner

Roadrunner
May 6, 2013
USA
That is what we used to call "catastrophic coverage".

My friend, a single mom, working as a bank teller can't even take her kids to the doctor now that the bank dumped them all onto Obamacare.

She tells me she struggles to pay the premium, and still can't see the doc.

I didn't ask what the premium is, will try to remember when I go to the bank today.

What kind of working class people can handle a $5,000 deductible.

That in itself is a catastrophe.

Mine, through the evil Blue Cross/Blue Shield is $300.

my wife has hers through Wal Mart, it 5k also, but they make them save ten dollars a pay check for the deductible.....The premium is like 75 dollars a month...

A $5000 deductable policy is not fair to anyone

That is why we need Universal Healthcare

My friend, a single mom, working as a bank teller can't even take her kids to the doctor now that the bank dumped them all onto Obamacare.

I didn't ask what the premium is, will try to remember when I go to the bank today.

My daughter is on the exchange here and her deductible is 7500 bucks. But pay attention to the details in it. Is your deductible comprehensive or is it only "covered expenses?" Because if its covered expenses they may not include services like a second anesthesiologist or surgeon in your deductible. They can be out of pocket expenses. Read the fine print in your plan.

My daughter is on the exchange here and her deductible is 7500 bucks. But pay attention to the details in it. Is your deductible comprehensive or is it only "covered expenses?" Because if its covered expenses they may not include services like a second anesthesiologist or surgeon in your deductible. They can be out of pocket expenses. Read the fine print in your plan.
MY plan has a $300 deductible.

I am now on Medicare, and BC/BS is my secondary.

I now pay a bit more for the two combined, but, coverage is about the same.

That is part of belonging to an insurance pool

Some conditions may apply to you, others may not

"I don't want pregnant women in my pool" is not an option

I never paid for it before, when I could shop for insurance and pick and choose my options it worked very well. Now, I pay higher rates because I'm in a pool and pay part of my taxes to help subsidize those in the pool that increase the costs.

I never paid for it before, when I could shop for insurance and pick and choose my options it worked very well. Now, I pay higher rates because I'm in a pool and pay part of my taxes to help subsidize those in the pool that increase the costs.

You are free to buy any insurance on the open market that you please. Why don't you buy an individual policy?

Blocking women from an insurance pool because they may get pregnant is not in our countries best interests

You are free to buy any insurance on the open market that you please. Why don't you buy an individual policy?

Blocking women from an insurance pool because they may get pregnant is not in our countries best interests

ALL plans now include Maternity, it is one of the ten required coverages, even the single males plans covers it.

Yep.

The ACA is about quantity over quality. They'll boast about the enrollment figures, but somehow forget to mention that many of those new enrollees don't have the money for their deductibles and co-pays. Gosh, I wonder how they forgot to bring that up.

What a wasted opportunity.

Mine is a $3500 deductible, but I do get a good pregnancy program, pre-natal program and my birth control is free, forget that my wife is to old to have children and I had a vasectomy decades ago.
I am glad BC is free for nuns now.

And they'd better pay for that BC or woe be to the Little Sisters of Charity!

Look guys, this thing is doing EXACTLY what they designed it to do....it is crashing the system.

Unsustainable rate increases......unsustainable losses.....none of the promised money from the Risk Corridors.

Obama has always wanted a single payer.

He is getting it.

Mine is a $3500 deductible, but I do get a good pregnancy program, pre-natal program and my birth control is free, forget that my wife is to old to have children and I had a vasectomy decades ago.
Similar story here. I appreciate the obgyn, pre-natal, and birth control coverage...all for "free". Too bad I have absolutely no use for any of that.

Your attention span is showing...policies have been dictated and there are certain things required to be covered. No one participating in the mandatory obamacare pools have any choice what conditions are covered. Oh, wait, you don't read the policy, you simply accept it because your messiah has told you to.

Forum List

Back