IRS warns of shutdown due to budget cuts

NLT

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2011
IRS warns of possible shutdown - Rachael Bade - POLITICO

The IRS is considering its own temporary shutdown due to recent budget cuts enacted by Congress, its chief said Thursday.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen said furloughs — forced unpaid days off for employees as part of an IRS closure — is one idea reluctantly being tossed about to save money, though they are hoping they will not have to go there.

People call it furloughs; I view it as: Are we going to have to shut the place down? And at this point, that will be the last thing we do, … but there is no way we can say right now that that wont happen,” Koskinen told reporters at a Thursday press conference on the upcoming tax season. “Again, I would stress that would be the last option.”

Read more: IRS warns of possible shutdown - Rachael Bade - POLITICO
:clap::dance::clap2::cheers2::eusa_clap::fu::happy-1::mm::lol::lmao::party::thewave:

In past "shutdowns" these furloughs have always been turned into extra paid vacation days, so federal employees should welcome them.

John Koskinen: another old lying white queer that Hussein surrounds himself with.

P1-BQ510_IRSCHI_G_20140620182700.jpg

This is a fantastic idea! I suggest that all real taxpayers adjust their withholding so that they owe a bit of taxes instead of having a refund due. The real impact of an IRS shutdown is on those people who receive transfer payments from IRS delivered welfare programs. Let Obama hurt the Dem base by shutting down the IRS. Very Hopeychangey.

Forum List

Back