IRS Considers Making Gulf Coast Victims Pay Taxes On Claims!!!!

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Well isn't this cotton pickin suprising? The poor folks down on the coast can't catch a break at all and I feel that this is wrong for the IRS to do. These people need all the money they can get and they should wave the taxes for them. These people who are shrimplers, crabbers, fishermen, charter fleets need all the capital they can get in order to survive this mishap so they can feed their families and maintain their quality of life which has been hampered by the Obama Administrations interference. I hope they reconsider and refuse to tax the victims.

FOXNews.com - IRS May Tax Payments to Gulf Coast Victims

NEW ORLEANS — Out-of-work Gulf Coast shrimper Todd Pellegal spent his first $2,500 check from BP quickly, paying off bills and buying groceries for his family.

He never even considered putting some of it away for taxes.

Now he's among the people up and down the Gulf Coast reeling from the oil spill disaster who are surprised — and frustrated — to find out the Internal Revenue Service may take a chunk of the payments BP PLC is providing to help them stay afloat.

Many were already angry about how long the oil giant took to cut the checks. So when they got the money — generally about a few thousand dollars each so far — they spent it fast.

"If they're going to pay you a lump sum, like for a year, then bam, take the taxes out of the check," said Pellegal, of Boothville, La. "But a little bit at a time, they shouldn't."

The financial loss to the shrimpers and others is the after-tax loss. Insurers would consider the amount that would have been paid in taxes and reduce the claim payment by that amount.

That means the IRS also suffered a loss because no income was earned to tax.

Hmmm. Are injury claims next? I mean with the federal government re-inventing the insurance industry...

AND,

With NO LAW to back these sorry assed mofo's

they're ALSO STEALING our tax refunds.

WHO amongst us owes for Student Loans that will NEVER be repaid???

THAT's part of the Big Scheme, folks.

We're ASSETS to them 'cuz we OWE.

I can't work anymore. Long, sad story, which we've ALL heard,

BUT,

these jokers think I'm an ASSET to them.

They ADD interest to what I originally owed, and it's to the point that the fucking INTEREST amounts to MORE than I borrowed,

and they call THAT an ASSet.

Yeah.

They're dumb ASSes.

Last edited:
a few years ago, when my husband was downsized we had to pay taxes on unemployment insurance payments he received....it really stunk to high heaven...

if this is money to replace income earned then i am not certain irs taxes can be avoided.....???

a few years ago, when my husband was downsized we had to pay taxes on unemployment insurance payments he received....it really stunk to high heaven...

if this is money to replace income earned then i am not certain irs taxes can be avoided.....???
I think that is what it is...if they were earning income, they'd be taxed. The relief checks are a replacement for earned income and therefore taxed.

The IRS doesn't care where you get your income from.

The financial loss to the shrimpers and others is the after-tax loss. Insurers would consider the amount that would have been paid in taxes and reduce the claim payment by that amount.

That means the IRS also suffered a loss because no income was earned to tax.

Hmmm. Are injury claims next? I mean with the federal government re-inventing the insurance industry...

Well, the I.R.S. may have suffered a 'loss', but the I.R.S. will continue to survive with their massive infrastructure and with all the comforts of home.

Those poor people in the effected areas should, at the least, not have to pay any taxes for the financial aid, grants or anything else. I would think that someone somewhere could suspend the tax rules for situations such as this, or at the very least lower those taxes to some significantly small percentage. Lifetimes of dreams built by years of backbreaking work in most cases, went up in oil fumes. Many will lose it all, I wouldn't wish any of this on anyone of us in America, much less tax them while they were down for the count.

You thinks it's bad now ? Wait until " they" abolish cash all together.
You wont be able to sell a ten year old TV without paying taxes on it.
ATTN Ebayers/Flea marketers/Craigslisters.. You are ALL the next targets.

Oh. Don't forget.
Gawd Blass Murka !
The greatest natio........errrr....... scam on earth.

They call it the American dream because you'd have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin.

Well isn't this cotton pickin suprising? The poor folks down on the coast can't catch a break at all and I feel that this is wrong for the IRS to do. These people need all the money they can get and they should wave the taxes for them. These people who are shrimplers, crabbers, fishermen, charter fleets need all the capital they can get in order to survive this mishap so they can feed their families and maintain their quality of life which has been hampered by the Obama Administrations interference. I hope they reconsider and refuse to tax the victims.

FOXNews.com - IRS May Tax Payments to Gulf Coast Victims

NEW ORLEANS — Out-of-work Gulf Coast shrimper Todd Pellegal spent his first $2,500 check from BP quickly, paying off bills and buying groceries for his family.

He never even considered putting some of it away for taxes.

Now he's among the people up and down the Gulf Coast reeling from the oil spill disaster who are surprised — and frustrated — to find out the Internal Revenue Service may take a chunk of the payments BP PLC is providing to help them stay afloat.

Many were already angry about how long the oil giant took to cut the checks. So when they got the money — generally about a few thousand dollars each so far — they spent it fast.

"If they're going to pay you a lump sum, like for a year, then bam, take the taxes out of the check," said Pellegal, of Boothville, La. "But a little bit at a time, they shouldn't."

SO, since I am suffering from this disaster as well, should I be allowed tax free money too?

Gulf Coast states went overwhelming for Palin and her running mate in 08, this is Obama revenge

Forum List

Back