IRS Commissioner, in March: Lois Lerner's Emails Are 'Stored in Servers'

The IRS' statements from March, make it obvious that the current excuse for emails disappearing, is a lie.

What was in those emails, that someone is so anxious to conceal and cover up?

The IRS has stated that the missing emails were not from Lerner to other personnel inside the IRS, but from Lerner to extenal agencies including the White House.

IN fact, this "Oops, the emails got deleted" admission is the first clear connection between the IRS and outside agencies such as the White House. Nothing has shown a connection until now. And nothing has caused a desperate attempt to get rid of the evidence with such a laughable excuse, until now.

Whatever is in those emails, between Lerner and agencies such as the White House, has somebody VERY worried... worried enough to blatantly violate the law to keep them away from investigators.

The IRS' statements from March, make it obvious that the current excuse for emails disappearing, is a lie.

The IRS has stated that the missing emails were not from Lerner to other personnel inside the IRS, but from Lerner to extenal agencies including the White House.

IN fact, this "Oops, the emails got deleted" admission is the first clear connection between the IRS and outside agencies such as the White House. Nothing has shown a connection until now. And nothing has caused a desperate attempt to get rid of the evidence with such a laughable excuse, until now.

Whatever is in those emails, between Lerner and agencies such as the White House, has somebody VERY worried... worried enough to blatantly violate the law to keep them away from investigators.

The emails still exist. Even if someone successfully destroyed the copies on the various network storage devices, and destroyed all the backups, they could still order every Washington department, including the White House, to give up the copies they maintain on their servers. They're still there. If for some reason they have been destroyed, it was deliberate, and someone should be in big trouble.

The emails still exist. Even if someone successfully destroyed the copies on the various network storage devices, and destroyed all the backups, they could still order every Washington department, including the White House, to give up the copies they maintain on their servers. They're still there. If for some reason they have been destroyed, it was deliberate, and someone should be in big trouble.

true; and not only that there is a forensic trail left when data is deleted that can, that may give a clue as to when and how it disappeared; if it was done on purpose or not. stuff just doesn't vanish like its the Bermuda triangle or something

Obama is a lying, corrupt pig; his supporters are lemming Nazi-wannabes

little acorn, what did he mean when he answered that it would take some time even for his emails because they are ''taken off our computers'' and stored on servers?

Why would emails be ''taken off of their computers''? Is he talking about when they retire their computers, and get a new one, their email from their old computer hard drive is then taken off it and placed on servers?

He clearly did NOT indicate that their emails were backed up nightly and stored on servers, like you would think happens?

And what did he mean when he said that he uses outlook, micro soft and implied he was uncertain about others? Does that mean they each use their own type mail managing but somehow they are all tied in to a central email system?

I'm not certain this acting irs head knows a darn thing about IT???
Care4all,
I know you weren't asking me, but let me explain how large email systems work because it is very different than your personal email on your personal computer.

Outbound emails originate on the desktop computer. Once a person hit's 'send', that email is routed to the system email server. At that point, the sent email is stored on the server and on the desktop (or laptop) computer both. The same thing happens with inbound emails, be those emails from an outside organization or internally. The inbound emails are stored on the server in addition to the persons computer. In all likelihood, they are using Microsoft Outlook and have an 'Exchange Server' for the emails.
A few years ago, my company laptop failed. I didn't lose a single email because the emails were stored on the server in addition to my laptop. I had the same thing happen at a different company I used to work for but they used Novell for their email system. I still didn't lose a singe email.
I cannot believe that there is any possibility that a simple personal "computer crash" would make any emails magically disappear in a large network/email system. Claiming that emails disappeared because of a personal computer crash is like claiming that google maps doesn't work because your phone died.

Let's go back in time....
This happens with Bush in office...
I'm sure Nancy Pelosi comes out and defends Bush saying....

Hey folks let's take it easy here...sometimes bad things happen...

Yeah...Right!

That's convenient. Anything can happen in your imagination. Well played.

Why are you defending a non issue with such passion? You know what? one day the IRS is going to do to the Dems what they have done here and you will be screaming like a stuffed pig. The tide changes my friend.

RAMclr-061714-missing-IBD-COLOR-FINAL.gif.cms

little acorn, what did he mean when he answered that it would take some time even for his emails because they are ''taken off our computers'' and stored on servers?

Why would emails be ''taken off of their computers''? Is he talking about when they retire their computers, and get a new one, their email from their old computer hard drive is then taken off it and placed on servers?

He clearly did NOT indicate that their emails were backed up nightly and stored on servers, like you would think happens?

And what did he mean when he said that he uses outlook, micro soft and implied he was uncertain about others? Does that mean they each use their own type mail managing but somehow they are all tied in to a central email system?

Care4all,
I know you weren't asking me, but let me explain how large email systems work because it is very different than your personal email on your personal computer.

Outbound emails originate on the desktop computer. Once a person hit's 'send', that email is routed to the system email server. At that point, the sent email is stored on the server and on the desktop (or laptop) computer both. The same thing happens with inbound emails, be those emails from an outside organization or internally. The inbound emails are stored on the server in addition to the persons computer. In all likelihood, they are using Microsoft Outlook and have an 'Exchange Server' for the emails.
A few years ago, my company laptop failed. I didn't lose a single email because the emails were stored on the server in addition to my laptop. I had the same thing happen at a different company I used to work for but they used Novell for their email system. I still didn't lose a singe email.
I cannot believe that there is any possibility that a simple personal "computer crash" would make any emails magically disappear in a large network/email system. Claiming that emails disappeared because of a personal computer crash is like claiming that google maps doesn't work because your phone died.

I thought that's how it worked!

I can't believe anyone would give such a lame excuse Alan, an excuse that is unbelievable by even a novice like me....I don't think the administration is stupid enough to believe we would believe such a lame excuse....

THIS is why I can't believe there is not more to this ''story'' that we have been told very little on, and ONLY from one perspective....where is true journalism? WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY and How?

The republicans reported to the AP, the story the AP wrote.....no real investigative journalism present, as far as I can tell from reading this 1 and only 1 article on this....

I don't think a bunch of IT'ers trying to recover this information would fall on the sword for obama or learner or democratic or republican congress critters....knowing their deletions, could be traced....

people aren't that stupid, nor would regular ole IRS IT techies working at their plush gvt jobs with bennies want to lose their jobs due to breaking the law....via erasing the incriminating evidence an old boss of theirs might have done.

that's just off the wall absurd....

so, let's get more information on what is truly being said on what happened, how it happened or even IF it happened, at this point....

Care4all,

I thought that's how it worked!

I can't believe anyone would give such a lame excuse Alan, an excuse that is unbelievable by even a novice like me....I don't think the administration is stupid enough to believe we would believe such a lame excuse....

THIS is why I can't believe there is not more to this ''story'' that we have been told very little on, and ONLY from one perspective....where is true journalism? WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY and How?

The republicans reported to the AP, the story the AP wrote.....no real investigative journalism present, as far as I can tell from reading this 1 and only 1 article on this....

I don't think a bunch of IT'ers trying to recover this information would fall on the sword for obama or learner or democratic or republican congress critters....knowing their deletions, could be traced....

people aren't that stupid, nor would regular ole IRS IT techies working at their plush gvt jobs with bennies want to lose their jobs due to breaking the law....via erasing the incriminating evidence an old boss of theirs might have done.

that's just off the wall absurd....

so, let's get more information on what is truly being said on what happened, how it happened or even IF it happened, at this point....
The vast preponderance of today's media is guilty of journalistic malpractice.

There isn't.

In fact, the Fed govt is required by law to archive or otherwise keep all emails in its system, precisely to preserve them in case of an accidental crash of a single computer... or a not-so-accidantal one.

As I said, it would tak a lot of scrubbng of a lot of computers, to really make sure the emails are gone... none of it accidental.

Nope. I'm not even defending Lerner. I'm just mocking you idiots. All of you are so much fun.

You're defending the indefensible. I bet if you were honest with yourself you would feel ashamed.

You guys have zero evidence of wrongdoing here. Are you ashamed of all the speculation? If you were honest, you would be.
Magically missing information makes evidence hard to come by. Kind of like it's hard to prove murder if you can't find the dead body.

Forum List

Back