Iran’s New Era of Economic Opportunity — But not for Baha’is

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It seems that the B aha'i are still having trouble in Iran. It's too bad that the Iranians leaders couldn't be a little tolerant toward all their citizens.

IMG_20160313_170902.jpg.815x390_q85_crop_upscale_K8R63Uv_32pGkEm.jpg.815x390_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Behzad Zabihi Mahforouzaki, who owns a shop in Sari. Authorities have arrested him five times and his shop has been closed three times
4_9lnrZGF_wzof5Ic_t0xBMSx.jpg.815x390_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

The blacklist of Baha'i businesses
article.jpg.815x390_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Wednesday 18 May 2016 Amy Fehilly
Iran’s New Era of Economic Opportunity — But not for Baha’is

Prominent business leaders and academics have joined together to support economic freedom for Baha’is in Iran.

In a letter to the supreme leader, 54 business executives and influential academics expressed alarm at the Iranian government’s persecution of Baha’i businesses.

The letter, which was sent at the end of April, urges the Iranian government to stop closing Baha’i-owned businesses and “to allow Baha’i citizens full participation in Iran’s economic and social life.”

“Since October 2014, at least 80 Baha’i-owned businesses in Kerman, Rafsanjan and Sari were sealed by Iranian authorities because their owners had temporarily closed their doors in observance of a Baha’i holy day,” the letter reads.

CEOs from major economies around the world — including the United States, India and Brazil — said it was important to raise awareness of the situation for Baha’i business leaders, who have been prevented from running businesses due to government pressure.

Continue reading at:

Iran’s New Era of Economic Opportunity — But not for Baha’is?

Forum List

Back