Iowa warns international observers of arrest

Saying it over and over doesn't make it true, show me the treaty. Or show me the law, you can't because they don't exist. I've looked.
Here's the treaty:

International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights

osce isn't part of the un, so i'm not sure how this is applicable.

Even if it was part of the UN, it's not applicable. We aren't under the jurisdiction of every thing the UN General Assembly approves.

Saying it over and over doesn't make it true, show me the treaty. Or show me the law, you can't because they don't exist. I've looked.
Here's the treaty:

I'm not sure about it. Not an expert on international law.

But the US is a signatory to the Helsinki Accords and the Paris Charter (the founding documents of the OSCE) as well.

Federal law trumps state law on the issue of international observers. Go read. The state officials are going to have to suck it up. Tis what tis.

There is no federal or state law on the issue of International observers, you pathetic git. However, the Constitution says the states get to make their own rules regarding elections, not the feds.

LGS is going on ignore: she simply offers nothing of import or consequence. She lost her gunfight at the Starkey Corral.

The "Stakey Corral" is a home for the retarded. You're putting LGS on ignore because your a coward.

So...LGS is a coward too. She's put lots of us on Ignore.

Here's the treaty:

It was approved by the UN General Assembly, not the U.S. Senate. It has no force in this country.

Bzzt. Incorrect.

The Senate ratified the Covenant in 1992.

University of Minnesota Human Rights Library

I'm not sure about it. Not an expert on international law.

But the US is a signatory to the Helsinki Accords and the Paris Charter (the founding documents of the OSCE) as well.

they were signed, but never ratified by the senate.

i'm fine with observers, btw.

It was approved by the UN General Assembly, not the U.S. Senate. It has no force in this country.

Bzzt. Incorrect.

The Senate ratified the Covenant in 1992.

University of Minnesota Human Rights Library

There are so many exemptions that the approval is virtually worthless. Furthermore, the document says nothing about sending observers to patrol our elections.

They just posted the federal law that trumps state law. If Iowa officials try to arrest un observers, which by they have observed the past 6 elections in the USA, they will be arrested them selves

You need to go back, they have posted nothing that supports their position.

The state law does not negate US treaty obligations, which are part of federal law. Tis what tis.

Here's the treaty:

Check, wiki on the subject it says the United States has not accepted a single international obligation required under the Covenant. So much for international observers.

Federal law trumps state law on the issue of international observers. Go read. The state officials are going to have to suck it up. Tis what tis.

LGS is going on ignore: she simply offers nothing of import or consequence. She lost her gunfight at the Starkey Corral.

Show me the federal law you're refering to. It doesn't exist.

Article VI of the United States Constitution. The OSCE was created and operates as a result of the Helsinki and Paris treaties that the US is a signatory of.

Just say'n. If they are operating as observers for OSCE, based on a treaty signed and approved by Congress, then the Constitution trumps state law. (If they are not on diplomatic passports, which one would assume they are, then they would be functioning with diplomatic immunity from prosecution.

>>>>

The federal government in power's DOJ interprets the Constitution that trumps World Watcher's error.

The "federal directive?" Is that another name for a law, or does that just mean they will obey Obama?

This has been explained to you, and that you reject means nothing except to you. Reject it all you want. The state will comply with the federal directive on the issue.

The observers will observe the elections without interference.

What, couldn't find that phantom federal law? Better luck next time.

This has been explained to you, and that you reject means nothing except to you. Reject it all you want. The state will comply with the federal directive on the issue.

What, couldn't find that phantom federal law? Better luck next time.

I don't say this to many people, but you're a fucking idiot. I'm done with this one.

It took you this long to learn about Fakey? He lives to pronounce his superior wisdom to everyone.

Forum List

Back