Iowa voters blowing it for the GOP?

And Obama for the Dems. Could there be two worse choices? Frankly, all the choices are bad and worse. In a nation of 300+ million, these guys are the first choices of Iowa? We are in trouble.

Democrats are mostly thrilled with their choices.

Its republicans who are despondent. The problem is not your candidates. The problem is the GOP's ideology has run out of steam. You can't run on a platform of Iraq War, Bomb Iran, and voluntary savings accounts to address the healthcare crisis.

Its not selling.

It's funny you "republicans" continue to bash and count Huckabee out. Thats fine.. Keep drinking the Romney kool aid thats spiked with cyanide. Drink Plenty :) eat crow and drink kool aid...

Huckabee wins Iowa!!

Like HHH and HBK says, If you're not down with that we've got 2 words for you!!

dx-02.jpg

Do try and not label everyone counting Huckabee out "Republican." Huckabee cannot carry the conservative vote from far-right to center-right and all points between.

That statement is not an endorsement for Romney nor anyone else. It's a statement about Huckabee.

What I DO find amusing is the liberals running as Republicans being criticized by the left. If they just swapped that (R) out for a (D) they'd fit right in.

Ok, I know it's a long way from the nomination, so you can't say they've really "blown" it for anyone, but it looks like Huckabee is winning big. Seems to me Huckabee is the only GOP candidate who is virtually assured of losing the general election no matter who the Dems nominate. Doesn't seem like a good choice by Iowans.

(1) I doubt either of tonight's victors will end up winning the nomination

(2) I'm not a Huckabee supporter, but your prediction seems to be predicated on conventional wisdom (that Huckabee isn't a viable candidate in the general election), which never has any bearing on presidential primaries. It's possible that he has much more mass appeal than any of us thought.

(3) If anyone blew it I'd say it was the Dem voters (operative word: IF. Way too early to start this talk though). Obama isn't going to win a general election (note to all: don't bother calling me a racist). I think Edwards is the most dangerous Dem and he really needed to win tonight.

Hillary will make a good president, even if the recent poll I saw has her running third in Iowa behind Obama and Edwards...

Really? And exactly what are her credentials?

Oh thats right.... she picked out new curtains for the oval office when she was first lady!!!

It's funny you "republicans" continue to bash and count Huckabee out. Thats fine.. Keep drinking the Romney kool aid thats spiked with cyanide. Drink Plenty :) eat crow and drink kool aid...

Huckabee wins Iowa!!

Like HHH and HBK says, If you're not down with that we've got 2 words for you!!

dx-02.jpg

Don't get too cocky yet; after all, Ronald Reagan lost Iowa in 1980.

Aside from Ann Coulter, there is another "republican" bashing Jimmy Carter 2.0:

Rush Limbaugh

The three front runners for the Dems are almost unbelievably bad choices for President, and they are rivaled only by the Republican choices. Again, in a nation of 300 million people it boils down to these guys? Clearly our best people are staying far away from running for President.

In the past couple of days I've started wishing that the old method of the conventions being meaningful to the nomination process were still in effect, primaries give way too much time to investigate garbage, cost too much money, contain all the seeds for the worst personal political destruction. All we get are those that either don't care what is revealed about them or their families, those we already know everything about, and those weird enough to have not done anything but save tons of money and now want to run for president.

At least the bosses knew who was too dirty to pass muster. They had their own reputations to worry about when picking a candidate, so they tended to back the strong horse. Politicos tend to pay attention to economics, local, national, and international events, it goes with the territory; their choices for nominations would take into those factors. There was less emphasis on poufiness of hair, wrinkles on face, looking like a hollywood star, hot blond wife, etc., things that go with trying to attract the attention of Americans who think hot topics are who one that dance tv program, etc.

I know, terribly undemocratic of me, but we really need some leadership and I know the country has better people to choose for leadership roles than these 8-12 folks.

In the past couple of days I've started wishing that the old method of the conventions being meaningful to the nomination process were still in effect, primaries give way too much time to investigate garbage, cost too much money, contain all the seeds for the worst personal political destruction. All we get are those that either don't care what is revealed about them or their families, those we already know everything about, and those weird enough to have not done anything but save tons of money and now want to run for president.

At least the bosses knew who was too dirty to pass muster. They had their own reputations to worry about when picking a candidate, so they tended to back the strong horse. Politicos tend to pay attention to economics, local, national, and international events, it goes with the territory; their choices for nominations would take into those factors. There was less emphasis on poufiness of hair, wrinkles on face, looking like a hollywood star, hot blond wife, etc., things that go with trying to attract the attention of Americans who think hot topics are who one that dance tv program, etc.

I know, terribly undemocratic of me, but we really need some leadership and I know the country has better people to choose for leadership roles than these 8-12 folks.

I've got an idea. Make election day April 16th for all offices and go back to the method of the citizens writing their own tax check to the IRS. No more business owners withholding taxes from your check. I'm quite sure we would see more than a few changes occur.

I've got an idea. Make election day April 16th for all offices and go back to the method of the citizens writing their own tax check to the IRS. No more business owners withholding taxes from your check. I'm quite sure we would see more than a few changes occur.

Sheesh I should have checked my spelling more. ;) I was reading at another site the idea that primary be 1 day, 50 states, each party should have a clear winner, I suggested at least an 8 point lead. Now we can do it April 16th? :cool:
If no candidate has a clear lead, let the conventions decide.

Sheesh I should have checked my spelling more. ;) I was reading at another site the idea that primary be 1 day, 50 states, each party should have a clear winner, I suggested at least an 8 point lead. Now we can do it April 16th? :cool:
If no candidate has a clear lead, let the conventions decide.

:cool:

HERE IS A FACT: The only person to win the election to become president that also won the Iowa Caucus is Jimmy Carter,....nobody else! Don't worry folks, there is a lot of fun to come!

Don't get too cocky yet; after all, Ronald Reagan lost Iowa in 1980.

Aside from Ann Coulter, there is another "republican" bashing Jimmy Carter 2.0:

Rush Limbaugh

yea.. but Boortz sure was wagging his tail over Hucks mention of the fair tax on Leno the other night. I guarentee Coulter and Limbaugh will vote for Huck instead of refusing to vote in 08 if he gets the republican nomination.

I'm excited by Obama's Iowan victory. In my opinion he is the best candidate out of the entire lot of dems and pubs.

Forum List

Back