Iowa voters blowing it for the GOP?

Steerpike

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2007
Ok, I know it's a long way from the nomination, so you can't say they've really "blown" it for anyone, but it looks like Huckabee is winning big. Seems to me Huckabee is the only GOP candidate who is virtually assured of losing the general election no matter who the Dems nominate. Doesn't seem like a good choice by Iowans.

Iowa is the beginning of the process, not the end. Now that Huckabee is now the front runner, folks will begin to examine his record more closely. If he does well in NH, I really start to worry.

And Obama for the Dems. Could there be two worse choices? Frankly, all the choices are bad and worse. In a nation of 300+ million, these guys are the first choices of Iowa? We are in trouble.

Yeah there could be a worse choice than Obama. Either Clinton or Edwards :)

Yeah there could be a worse choice than Obama. Either Clinton or Edwards :)
The three front runners for the Dems are almost unbelievably bad choices for President, and they are rivaled only by the Republican choices. Again, in a nation of 300 million people it boils down to these guys? Clearly our best people are staying far away from running for President.

Sure, onedomino. If you're already successful in some other area, who needs the headache of running for President and having yourself and your family constantly attacked?

I doubt Huckabee is going to win the nomination.

Thus, is Romney wounded badly enough? Did McCain do enough? Giuliani has won 4% of the vote. Has he done enough?

Brokered convention anyone?

This is the most fascinating process I have ever witnessed. It could go on for some time.

Ok, I know it's a long way from the nomination, so you can't say they've really "blown" it for anyone, but it looks like Huckabee is winning big. Seems to me Huckabee is the only GOP candidate who is virtually assured of losing the general election no matter who the Dems nominate. Doesn't seem like a good choice by Iowans.

The GOP has a theocratic leaning base; they've been cultivating cynically for votes for years. You reap what you sow.

I think the wall street republicans will try to bury the Huckster in cash now.

That wasn't a poll that was the outcome of the caucus in Iowa. She got 3rd. Dems should hope she doesn't get the nomination, because she's going to be easier to beat in the general election than Obama.

I doubt Huckabee is going to win the nomination.

Thus, is Romney wounded badly enough? Did McCain do enough? Giuliani has won 4% of the vote. Has he done enough?

Brokered convention anyone?

This is the most fascinating process I have ever witnessed. It could go on for some time.

Not sure about fascinating. There's no clear front runner on either side and I think it bodes worse for the GOP than the Democrats. The GOP itself is splintered while Democrats will turn out and vote for whoever has the (D) behind their name.

Sure, onedomino. If you're already successful in some other area, who needs the headache of running for President and having yourself and your family constantly attacked?
Something is seriously wrong. We have set up a nominating process and media circus where mediocre (at best} and bad choices rise to the top.

It's funny you "republicans" continue to bash and count Huckabee out. Thats fine.. Keep drinking the Romney kool aid thats spiked with cyanide. Drink Plenty :) eat crow and drink kool aid...

Huckabee wins Iowa!!

Like HHH and HBK says, If you're not down with that we've got 2 words for you!!

dx-02.jpg

Hillary will make a good president, even if the recent poll I saw has her running third in Iowa behind Obama and Edwards...
Doctor, you'll forgive me if I say that the approval of the Left from New Zealand makes me less than sanguine about the prospect of a Hillary Presidency.

That wasn't a poll that was the outcome of the caucus in Iowa. She got 3rd. Dems should hope she doesn't get the nomination, because she's going to be easier to beat in the general election than Obama.

1) Depends on who the GoP puts up.
2) I think a Hillary/Obama ticket will almost be unbeatable....

New Topics

Forum List

Back