Invention for police...car roof top camera that tracks on officer movement...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I just thought of this....someone should come up with a roof mounted camera for police. The camera mounted on the roof of their cars could rotate 360... And it could be made to track on the officers location....that would be far better than the dash cam......

any way this would be possible?

I just thought of this....someone should come up with a roof mounted camera for police. The camera mounted on the roof of their cars could rotate 360... And it could be made to track on the officers location....that would be far better than the dash cam......

Don't see why not. Officers could wear a minute transmitter. Something as small as a watch.

Don't see why not. Officers could wear a minute transmitter. Something as small as a watch.

Exactly, and with the tech that we currently have in cameras and video, it doesn't have to be a large camera either.

Matter of fact, you might even be able to put some kind of special reflective material on the officer's uniform that the camera would track with software that trains in on that specific type of material.

Not only that, but you could also have infrared and night vision lenses for use when chasing a criminal in the dark.

Forum List

Back