Invasion of the bodysnatchers?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well, I guess I'm gonna start a thread in the Conspiracy forum. But, I've got a question about how Trump has been running things......................

Ever notice how someone like Gen. Kelly can be seen as being a stand up and straight shooting guy before he goes to work for Trump, but only a couple of weeks later, he's not the guy who is going to bring sanity to the WH, but rather just another Trumpbot spewing whatever his boss tells him to say, even when it comes to lying about a Congresswoman and a Gold Star widow?

Now, a long time ago, there was a movie called Invasion of the Body Snatchers where aliens came down, captured people, put them into pods and converted them into alien zombies.

Think that Trump has a machine for turning those working with him into some sort of alien pod people who will blindly follow him no matter what?

Yeah, that's about as crazy a conspiracy as I've seen on these boards. Think it's true?

Now, a long time ago, there was a movie called Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Never heard of it. :eusa_snooty:

Then allow me to enlighten you...................

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Wikipedia

The film's storyline concerns an extraterrestrial invasion that begins in the fictional California town of Santa Mira. Alien plant spores have fallen from space and grown into large seed pods, each one capable of reproducing a duplicate replacement copy of each human. As each pod reaches full development, it assimilates the physical characteristics, memories, and personalities of each sleeping person placed near it; these duplicates, however, are devoid of all human emotion. Little by little, a local doctor uncovers this "quiet" invasion and attempts to stop it.

The slang expression "pod people" that arose in late 20th century American culture references the emotionless duplicates seen in the film.[2]

Invasion of the Body Snatchers was selected in 1994 for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress for being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."

Well, I guess I'm gonna start a thread in the Conspiracy forum. But, I've got a question about how Trump has been running things......................

Ever notice how someone like Gen. Kelly can be seen as being a stand up and straight shooting guy before he goes to work for Trump, but only a couple of weeks later, he's not the guy who is going to bring sanity to the WH, but rather just another Trumpbot spewing whatever his boss tells him to say, even when it comes to lying about a Congresswoman and a Gold Star widow?

Now, a long time ago, there was a movie called Invasion of the Body Snatchers where aliens came down, captured people, put them into pods and converted them into alien zombies.

Think that Trump has a machine for turning those working with him into some sort of alien pod people who will blindly follow him no matter what?

Yeah, that's about as crazy a conspiracy as I've seen on these boards. Think it's true?
Seems as likely an explanation as any for the Trump effect.

I think the real problem is what often happens when insanity descends.

I think of ancient Rome, when Caligula or Nero engaged in some crazy behavior, and everyone around them acted like it was normal because they thought they could get some kind of advantage.

THe thing is, the Republicans KNOW Trump is nuts. They've known it for a long time. They never expected him to get elected and now they are hoping they can control him because they don't want to face the wrath of his base.

Forum List

Back