Introductions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!!!!

I've been having so much fun reading and posting the last couple of days that I haven't had a chance to get down here and introduce myself.

I'm a mommy, a grammy, an Army wife, a business and personal coach, and last, but not least, I'm Kurt's Princess. Kurt is my husband of 12 years and he's a career military man. He has 7 years in the National Guard Reserve, and 19 as Active Duty National Guard. He's a SGM, was deployed for Operation Noble Eagle for 12 months, and currently has duty station two hours away. We probably see each other about 3 days out of the month!! Woohoo!!

I'm pretty outspoken, but believe in treating everyone with as much dignity and respect as possible (which can be difficult at times). I usually test Centrist on most political quizzes ( world's smallest political test ) but find I'm becoming more conservative as the liberals get more shrill.

Compared to other message boards I've been a member of, this one seems to be pretty fair and balanced, and I'm glad one of the members recommended it!

I want to thank everyone who has welcomed me and look forward to many future discussions and banging heads with some of you!!!

kurtsprincess said:
Hi Everyone!!!!

I've been having so much fun reading and posting the last couple of days that I haven't had a chance to get down here and introduce myself.

I'm a mommy, a grammy, an Army wife, a business and personal coach, and last, but not least, I'm Kurt's Princess. Kurt is my husband of 12 years and he's a career military man. He has 7 years in the National Guard Reserve, and 19 as Active Duty National Guard. He's a SGM, was deployed for Operation Noble Eagle for 12 months, and currently has duty station two hours away. We probably see each other about 3 days out of the month!! Woohoo!!

I'm pretty outspoken, but believe in treating everyone with as much dignity and respect as possible (which can be difficult at times). I usually test Centrist on most political quizzes ( world's smallest political test ) but find I'm becoming more conservative as the liberals get more shrill.

Compared to other message boards I've been a member of, this one seems to be pretty fair and balanced, and I'm glad one of the members recommended it!

I want to thank everyone who has welcomed me and look forward to many future discussions and banging heads with some of you!!!
Hiya and welcome aboard....as the initials imply (CSM=Command Sergeant Major) I am retired army .... My views are probably very much like your own SGM's. Ya know, ya can never have too many Army folks on this board!

Abbey Normal said:
Hi all,
I am glad to have found this board. It looks intelligent and sane; not an easy combo to find. I enjoy talking current events, but I'll try to keep the blather to a minimum. As you might have guessed by my name, I love old abbeys and classic Mel Brooks' movies.

I guess that's all for now. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

:bye1:
Hiya Abbey....I dont know about the sane part...especially regarding some of the old geezers like Mr. P and Dillo...you know how them old folks can be! Welcome aboard!

kurtsprincess said:
Hi Everyone!!!!

Welcome KP! Obviously you know where I stand politically from my nickname. Glad to have you on board! :D

dmp said:
Just an introduction -

I'm Darin...30 years old, living in WA State...

My background:

I grew up in a fairly strict Protestant household...later served on Active Duty Army for 6 years with a couple years in the National Guard. Married, one child. That didn't work out so I married a grown woman. :p Seriously, I've been happily married for about 5 years - my wife and I just celebrated our 7th anniversary last August. My favourite beer is Yuengling Lager, which I only get about once a year if I'm lucky.

I still haven't found the 'tone' of this forum yet; so I'll not likely do any heavy-discussion...but I am not one to shy away from standing up for what I believe. Millitant? I dunno...I'm probably too much of a wuss to carry THAT title. :)

In addition to Open Track days in my 93 Miata, I ride a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6 on occasion. I enjoy photograhpy, I'm a sagitarious, great cook, decent dancer - love long walks on the beach and being caught in the rain.

:p

:)

See ya!

You seem like a cool dude. :) Welcome!

Welcome KP. I see you have already discovered the Rep Points as well. Thanks for the positive input...

Tell you hubby we appreciate the guys still there. I spent my time in the Navy and didn't stay in past my original contract. The Navy and I have a mutual agreement never to go near to each other again!

kurtsprincess said:
Hi Everyone!!!!

KP, nice to see you. I've been enjoying your posts. Thanks for your support of your family, our country and your husband! :usa: Please send him my high regards. :salute:

theHawk said:
Hello all, great website !!! :mm:
Hello Hawk! Care to tell a bit about yourself? I'm a middle school social studies teacher. I'm also a moderator here. I tend to be a bit agressive here, since I must constrain myself during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back